Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Roleplaying in Mordheim

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucifer_Drake
Youngblood
Youngblood
Lucifer_Drake

Trading Reputation : 0

Roleplaying in Mordheim Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009 - 2:34

Has anyone roleplayed in Mordheim using either 1st or 2nd ed. WHFRPG ? If so , how didit work out ? Any good stories ? My brother had played a short adventure based in Mordheim a while back & enjoyed it. I've been thinking about doing so in the near future either using a hybrid of 1st n' 2nd ed. WHFRPG or RMx.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009 - 21:38

There have been a couple of other threads discussing Mordheim RPG's, although I'm not sure if any of them touched on using the WHFRP system. Do a quick search and check 'em out though - at the very least you may get a couple of ideas and some inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer_Drake
Youngblood
Youngblood
Lucifer_Drake

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009 - 22:34

Cool will do so...should've thought of that myself heh.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 9:44

Check out Boreas_NL's terrain thread: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-and-terrain-f4/my-own-little-corner-of-mordheim-t2693.htm His group uses the Mordheim setting & terrain for their RPGing...I think he mentions WHFRP. It DOES seem like an ideal spot for RPGers who are into minis. GOOD LUCK with your project! Roleplaying in Mordheim 544694
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 15:56

Myself and some friends have been considering trying to do something like this. We would use all the WHFRP rules up until entering battle, at which point we'd set up a scenario based on what was happening and play it out with Mordheim rules. With the holidays and my moving it's been tough to get anything done.

If you do this, let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Lucifer_Drake
Youngblood
Youngblood
Lucifer_Drake

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009 - 2:49

Going to need to find some RPGers into Mordheim & WHFRPG before I can do this. That is why I'm checking out what other people are or have done RPGing in Mordheim to get ideas for it.
Back to top Go down
Toby Goatfield
Captain
Captain
Toby Goatfield

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 21:12

A few of my friends and I have played in Mordheim right before the comet hit and then after it hit. Great scenarios and the adventures can be picked up if the player-characters die by another "hired" band.

The best scenario so far was stalking through the Stalingrad like ruins of Mordheim, looking for a necromancer and his forbidden grimoire. Our lil band of bloodthirsty scum killed the necromancer, but found the street we came down being stalked by Skaven. We looked for a different route out and came face to face with a blind Chaos mutant who was covered in tiny mouths and tentacles. The morbidly fat beast was screaming "Manfred my love, is that you? Manfred, I need you!" When she got hold of one of the other characters, the mouths would rend the flesh from the body and while the poor character was still screaming, she (it?) would stuff the character inside her and digest him. Yikes!! We ran back towards the walls, only to have the weather change and fish start to fall from the sky. The poor character that was carrying the book failed some checks, was knocked unconscious and now the surviving members have to go and hunt down the once female Chaos mutant (she ate him and now wears the book as a pendant). Oh and there is a small band of witchhunters that think we are cultists, so us looking for a Chaos mutant really doesn't help us any.

So in short, tooling around in Mordheim is great with WHFRP! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying in Mordheim   Roleplaying in Mordheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying in Mordheim
Page 1 of 1