Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Empty
PostSubject: [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband   nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 1:33

Feedback and suggestions still welcome, here is the pdf of the (possibly) finished warband.

Mercenaries of Nuln

Feedback on the 'fluff' text would be nice, as I felt it came off as abit awkward and clunky here and there, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband   nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 6:08

You already know my view of all the gear youve taken and theres too much for me to bother reading all of it, so i gave everything a quick skim. These are some things that stood out to me;

1. Your weapons, are exactly like the gunnery schools but better.

the repeater handgun from the gunnery school;
Experimental: The Repeater Handgun is always
subject to the optional Blackpowder Weapons rules
from the Mordheim rulebook, even if they are not
normally used in your campaign. On any result other
than “BOOM!”, the weapon has jammed or run out of

loaded barrels and must be reloaded.

Your weapon
Experimental: Repeater handguns are even more
temperamental and unpredictable than regular blackpowder
weapons. A repeater handgun is always subject to the
optional blackpowder weapon misfires table (Page 164 of

the Mordheim Rulebook) if you score a 1 while rolling to hit.

2. Everyone I know plays with the blackpowder megadeth missfire chart, and I would say that if you dont play with it while using this list or gunnery school, I probaly wouldnt play you as its obviously just an attempt to ignore the one downside of the list.

3. siege warfare. Silly. Why would you be able to fortify a building that isnt near you and you wouldnt be able to be near unless you infiltrate? Change it to in your deployment zone and the model with the skill must start the game deployed in there to represent he has fortified it.

4. the hooked halberd in the war wagon functioned exactly as a normal halberd...I have the old 5th ed book with me now.

Honestly, I think too much is going on and its going to go the way of the gunnery school, but im sure my views wont stop you. nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband   nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 6:32

mrbretonnia wrote:
1. Your weapons, are exactly like the gunnery schools but better.

the repeater handgun from the gunnery school;
Experimental: The Repeater Handgun is always
subject to the optional Blackpowder Weapons rules
from the Mordheim rulebook, even if they are not
normally used in your campaign. On any result other
than “BOOM!”, the weapon has jammed or run out of

loaded barrels and must be reloaded.

Your weapon
Experimental: Repeater handguns are even more
temperamental and unpredictable than regular blackpowder
weapons. A repeater handgun is always subject to the
optional blackpowder weapon misfires table (Page 164 of
the Mordheim Rulebook) if you score a 1 while rolling to hit.

What makes it better?

Quote :
2. Everyone I know plays with the blackpowder megadeth missfire chart, and I would say that if you dont play with it while using this list or gunnery school, I probaly wouldnt play you as its obviously just an attempt to ignore the one downside of the list.

I hear no one uses them because guns are incredibly weak as it is, making that ONE of the many downsides to the list.

Quote :
3. siege warfare. Silly. Why would you be able to fortify a building that isnt near you and you wouldnt be able to be near unless you infiltrate? Change it to in your deployment zone and the model with the skill must start the game deployed in there to represent he has fortified it.

Fair point, I will change that.

Quote :
4. the hooked halberd in the war wagon functioned exactly as a normal halberd...I have the old 5th ed book with me now.

Weapons are always more detailed in Mordheim.

Quote :
Honestly, I think too much is going on and its going to go the way of the gunnery school, but im sure my views wont stop you. nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_smile

Well this is my first homebrewed warband, I guess all I can do is wait and see how well it takes, if not, no big deal, it was a fun project.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband   nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_minitimeSun 6 Dec 2009 - 7:48

1. the loss of this "On any result other
than “BOOM!”, the weapon has jammed or run out of loaded barrels and must be reloaded."

4. yea...but every other halberd is a halberd. The hooked halberd is treated as a halberd therfore a hooked halberd in mordheim is the same as a regular halberd in mordheim. If you can find me a single GW model that has a halberd that doesnt look similar to a hooked halberd id be impressed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband   nuln - [Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Released] Mercenaries of Nuln Warband
Page 1 of 1