Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP

Go down 
+10
Andy
Bratzor
Ezekiel
Figgy
pascal the rascal
MyLittlePwny
DeafNala
catferret
WarbossKurgan
Jadex
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Empty
PostSubject: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 16:30

Soooo, while waiting for my sisters of Sigmar models I thought I'd start my modelling adventure with some practice on some plastic models. The Black Orc warband seemed like a very fun warband ("Oi Behave!" and the funny henchmen Nuttaz!) So I bought myself a Orc warrior box and started today. I was most eager to make the Nuttaz and below you'll find pictures of the first one, a pose I already had in mind for a while. I repossitioned the legs and the feet (4 cuts), and nothing special otherwise. The double hand weapon is actually the standard bearer's standard, but I can make it into anything of course. Ideas, anyone? (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_rabbit
The model needs some greenstuffing though. I bought some milliput yesterday, but it seems to be rather coarse and slightly crumbling... Is this the same for greenstuff? Or is Greenstuff of better quality than milliput?
I also ordered some plastic orc general/commander bits, some 40.000 Ork parts and other bits and pieces from bitzbox, but they haven't arrived yet. Looking forward to using them though! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_bounce

Anyway, my first "Nutta"!

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Img_4110

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Img_4111

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Img_4112

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Img_4113

Edit: sorry for the bad picture quality, will be better next time (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 509466
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 16:37

Love it! Captures the Nuttaz spirit very well. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 387809

I don't think you need to do anything to the stick - it's funny as it is.

Jadex wrote:
The model needs some greenstuffing though. I bought some milliput yesterday, but it seems to be rather coarse and slightly crumbling... Is this the same for greenstuff? Or is Greenstuff of better quality than milliput?

Greenstuff is much finer that GS and much more suitable for wargames figure scales than milliput. I'd only use milliput for really big projects and ene then I'd cover it with a GS "skin" - it can be mixed with GS for a half-way quality too.
(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 665330
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 16:41

Hahaha! That guy's awesome. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_cheers

Green Stuff is very different than Milliput, they behave in very different ways. It should also be noted there are many grades of Milliput, the superfine isn't very grainy for instance. Green Stuff has more elasticity and is good for organic shapes and surfaces and will likely be what you are wanting to use for this project.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 17:04

GREAT POSITIONING...he's in an eternal diving charge. I think I'd go for a REALLY BIG axe head with the banner pole myself. EXCELLENT WIP!

I'm happy to see those more knowledgeable than moi answered the GS question. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 544694
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 17:17

I LOVE the way it looks like he's completely misunderstood the pointy end of a spear Very Happy Great stance!!
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 18:53

Thanks guys for all the info on greenstuff vs milliput! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 544694 I get the picture now. Well, I have some greenstuff on the way with sister models, so the milliput'll have to do till then...

DeafNala wrote:
GREAT POSITIONING...he's in an eternal diving charge. I think I'd go for a REALLY BIG axe head with the banner pole myself. EXCELLENT WIP!

I was thinking in the same direction (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_twisted
But I'm going to ait until my "bitz'n pieces" arrive since there are some nice things in there...

MyLittlePwny wrote:
I LOVE the way it looks like he's completely misunderstood the pointy end of a spear Very Happy Great stance!!

Haha! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Lol
Hadn't looked at it that way, but now you point it out: it IS rather funny seeing it as a spear (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_razz

Well, I made another warrior and had my very first milliput/GS/moddeling clay experience! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_rabbit

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Base_n10

Since I saw a tutorial once for making chains I thought that might be a first moddelling experience. Didn't want to waste a mini should it go wrong, so decided to try it on the base as rubbish. An OK result I think... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Suspect

The other guy had one foot repositioned to make his stance like that possible. I also cleaved the arms and bodypart to have the arms spread out to both sides (have to fill up gaps though...). The dead/almost dead body is a very old brettonian archer, from 5th edition, the edition when me and my friend got into Warhammer... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_wink

I'm having a ball coming up with positions! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 20:14

great looking stuff Jadex !
love your chain ; it helps hiding the clear support rod a bit
I always think it's super when the support rods are hidden as best as possible, so the model really comes to life in an almost "moving" position
I've got one of those flying discs of Tzeentch with a wizard on it ; i'm trying to hide the rod by modelling a small obelisk around it, so it looks like the disc just hit it and it's tumbling down

keep posting pic's !
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 0:19

WOO! Another Black Orc player!

I love em. I love the diving charger Nutta!

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/painting-and-modelling-f3/da-grinnin-boys-wip-t2787.htm

Check out my Nutta, looks like we have the same idea for the diving charge models! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 387809
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 5:36

AGREED...the chain looks GREAT! AND kit bashing is one of the GREAT joys of the craft. ALL the cool pieces that come with most of the plastic sets are something that GW can be proud of. Keep'em coming! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 544694
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 16:57

I worked a bit further. Three minis left to do + Greenstuffing + painting...

Jadex wrote:
DeafNala wrote:

I was thinking in the same direction (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_twisted

Came up with something fun: I call it "Da PainMaker"... See below... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_razz

Figgy wrote:
Check out my Nutta, looks like we have the same idea for the diving charge models! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 387809

Cool warband! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 544694
I didn't use metal parts/minis due to cost and to less easy modeling...
I had the same pose as you Nutta in mind for my Black orc, so my apologies if it seems like I stole your idea... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_wink

pascal the rascal wrote:
keep posting pic's !

Here they are! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 509466

All is based on Orc warrior box, except where noted (ordered bitz through Bitzbox). More often than not the legs/feet and arms were repositioned for a better, more dynamic pose.

Black Orc Boss:
Head is Ork 40k (iirc), axe and legs are from Orc Boss plastic set.

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Black_10

Black Orc one:
The axe/Choppa is a 40k Ork Choppa, I also made the sword bigger to make it possible to "hold down" the mercenary left arm with dagger.

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Black_11

Black Orc two:
Only the axe is an ordered bit from the Orc Boss plastic set.

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Black_12

Nutta one:
Chains are rat orge chains (irrc), piece of hair is also a "bit" as well as the corpse/skeleton part.

Problems with uploading, the rest will follow later... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 17:33

Man! those poses are just tooo good! I love them! ALLMOST makes me want to do some orcish stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 18:17

Now that is one BAD AXE...the source of Da Pain is pretty obvious. AGAIN some EXCELLENT positioning. GREAT STUFF! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 665330
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 20:24

OK, here's the rest!

Nutta one:
Chains are rat orge chains (irrc), piece of hair on top of the weapon is also a "bit", as well as the corpse/skeleton part. The head is Ork 40k irrc.

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Nutta_10

Nutta two:
Just added "Da PainMaker" (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_twisted

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Nutta_11

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Nutta_12

Orc Boyz Henchmen:
Both heads and axes are Ork 40k.

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Orc_bo10

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Orc_bo11

An finally a "Shootah"!
I liked the head so much I just had to make a Shootah model with it! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_razz
The head and the Axe are 40k.

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Shoota10

Will make another young one, another Orc Boy and at least one more nutta for which I still have some nice bitz... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 20:26

DeafNala wrote:
Now that is one BAD AXE...the source of Da Pain is pretty obvious. AGAIN some EXCELLENT positioning. GREAT STUFF! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 665330

Well, I had some problems with uploading, so the 'actual' Painmaker is in the second post (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Bratzor
Hero
Hero
Bratzor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 22:22

Cool poses. Would be nice with some colors (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2009 - 23:00

Oh. My. Gork.

I'll just pick my jaw up off the floor.

That Nutta is certainly living up to his name! Brilliant. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 387809
Really original poses - I'm loving the imagination going on here: keep it up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Andy
Veteran
Veteran
Andy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 1:56

That Nutta is just crazy! In a good way. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_biggrin

It really looks like they're fighting in an orcy way: finding the biggest weapons and hitting things with them, regardless of the consequences. Bravo. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 665330
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 23:58

I LOVE them, they are so cute Shocked

I can't tell which is better, they are all great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 10:42

LOVE IT! Da PainMaker isn't so much an axe as a Scrap Launcher on a stick...VERY UNIQUE & a bit strange...I'm into strange. Keep up the GOOD WORK! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 544694
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 11:27

They look AWESOME Very Happy keep up the good work mate.
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 13:38

i lolled at da painmaker! it is SO ORKY Very Happy awesome poses! could learn a thing or two from this thread Very Happy

keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 14:44

Mahhaah! that painmaker is awesome! serious lolling going on here! the other models are great too of course!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Cavonius
Champion
Champion
Cavonius

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 14:45

Nice work man! A bit to much crazy poses. Not my kind of taste. But hey thats just me... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_razz

This is what all people should do. You learn a lot from rebuilding models this way.

But you should make the black orks more blackier, now they looks just like regular boys... More armour!

Kepp up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lokan.org
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 19:52

Thanks for all the comments! The painmaker was indeed made from the NuttahOrc's point of view and mindset (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 2194 (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_razz

Cavonius wrote:
Nice work man! A bit to much crazy poses. Not my kind of taste. But hey thats just me... (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_razz

This is what all people should do. You learn a lot from rebuilding models this way.

But you should make the black orks more blackier, now they looks just like regular boys... More armour!

Kepp up the good work!

I can imagine it's not everyones taste, I appreciate your comment (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_wink
And indeed it's really a fun and interesting learning process! Plastic is also so easy to convert...

I know black orc are more armoured in warhammer... But the black orc box set was a bit to monotone for a warband I found + bit expensive for 10 models... I did try to make them more "Black Orc" by only giving them the more 'amrourish' bodies and giving them the horned helmets. What else would you (or others? Anyone?) advise for making them more "Black Orc Style"?

I'll think about some extra clothing or equipment I could model... (not only for the black orc of course)

Anyway, that said, I finished (well, let's say 'version 1.0') the warband. 4 more models:

A 3rd Orc Boy Henchman:

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Last_o10

A second 'young One':
(I might cut and twist his foot 20° clockwise... Now it seems slightly odd the more I look at it...)

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Young_10

A 3rd Nuttah!
(only the deas/zombie head is an ordered bit)
(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Nutta_10

And finally (one of my favourites!) a 4th Nuttah! (They're just TO fun to make! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Fresse )
The head is a 40k head (glued a sword on top of it), the weapon is a shaft of an Orc Boss double handed Axe, the split wooden branch with the body/statue is a bit from a giant and the weapons are just normal weapons attached to it ('Orc Style').

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Nutta_11

Well, that's it, I don't think more minis will be made... I might add more milliput-fun-stuff-parts-and-bits, but also don't want to ruin the minis with inexperienced messing around with modeling...

An overview of the warband (from top to bottom):
Black orc (Boss + 2 Black orc heroes)
2 Young Ones
3 Orc Boyz + 1 Shootah

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Warban10

And a more elaborate overview of the Nuttahzzz! (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_lol

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Warban11

Next step: painting!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 20:34

GREAT LOOKING STUFF...they look EVEN better in the groups shots. This is already a FINE & UNIQUE War Band, when it's all painted up it should be SPECTACULAR. (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP 387809
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP   (Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Black) Orc Warband Practice WIP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next