Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Catacomb campaign

Go down 
+2
Da Bank
skig
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 14:20

So, I did a shallow search of any rules or extended campaign in the catacombs of Mordheim, and didnt find anything.

I want to make a campaign for me and my "play-mates" ( eheh ), and I really think an extended campaign taking place BENEATH the cursed town would be a great thing. More RPG tuned, with NPC enemies (mutants, vermin and vampires and all other catacomb dwellers) with a great deal of random happenings and large maze-like maps.

So, first, I feel I sjould ask if someone knows of any such campaign/setting.
Second, if not, then I will make one Smile
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 14:52

Sounds good. I can't say I know of one myself but it certainly sounds fun. I'd be happy to help (give suggestions etc...) if you did make one yourself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 15:02

Sure thing! Well, the scenarios should be played with a Game Master supervising it, handling any NPC enemies and events.

The story would, of course, be the hunt for some artifact or maybe a giant chunk of Wyrdstone.

The main idea is: Horror RPG style skirmishes and battles decending down beneath the cursed city. Sorta like the first Diablo, but in Mordheim.
First you enter the sewers in search of the catacombs. Then you enter the catacomb tunnels and try to find a way down. Then you enter a system of deep caverns (think Moria) with deadly chasms, until you eventually reach the deepest and darkest depth, where some kind of climactic fight ensues, and where all participating warbands, hopefully, have gained enough experience to pass the final fight.

Also, as i mentioned earlier, a lot of events and other random happenings should be privalent throughout the whole campaign.
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 15:28

makes sense. I suppose you are thinking of a progression of set encounters interspersed with less detailed random ones (like a game of Dungeons and dragons...sort of anyway).

Rules wise things that spring to mind are lighting, climbing and finding food/ generally not dying due to harsh conditions.

It seems to me that lighting could be tricky and could damage the fun of the game although I wouldn't be surprised if someone had already thought up some pretty decent rules for it. although obvious things would be carrying torches, skills that let you see further etc...

as for climbing it seems likely that in a big cave system there is likely to be alot of it going on, maybe some basic rules for fighting while climbing (e.g climbers get WS negatives, may only use 1 hand, may fall if wounded etc..)

As for finding food perhaps a separate after battle table to roll on for foraging could be used, or maybe warbands must return to the surface ocassionaly (incurring some random encounters in doing so) to take on supplies etc...

Also I wonder is it intended as a competitive campaign or a co-operative campaign, if ti were competitive perhaps trips to the surface would allow others to get ahead of you and come closer to the treasure. maybe you could even have rules for paying mercenaries etc... to get in the other warbands way.

Anyway it's your idea not mine and I'm sure you have some ideas aswell so i'll stop blabbering . Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 15:39

Hey, I'll definately let you in on the idea. A joint effort is sure to make it much better Smile

And yeah, the different rules should cover both darkness/light (with modifiers to shooting and LoS), climbing and falling, and of course surviving.

Leaving the catacombs to get supplies would generate some negative effects, as you will need to take dangerous risks to stay ahead in the campaign.

And it could be both competitive and co-operative. Competivie in the ultimate end, as there can be only warband whp finds the artifact/treasure or whatnot, but some scenarios that either MUST be played co-op, or where teh warbands can decide mid-game to ally themselves temprarily against an PC monster, or even a third warband if there are more than two participants (which is optimal. The more the merrier).
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 15:49

Heres a question, were you thinking of having a map of the setting of the campaign or just doing random maps like in regular mordhiem. I wonder if some kind of basic board game like map would work. So each player would start at say 1 of 3 entrances which were all on the first map They could then move 1 square per round. The game master would know which squares held special things like pre designed encounters or things like passages to the surface or passages to a lower level (e.g to the catacombs from the sewers) There could be a board for each level and each way down would make you start in a different place on the next board.

That way going to the surface for supplies would mean you had to move to the nearest tunnel up which would be an obvious disadvantage as other warbands could use the turns to explore more squares.

Random encounters could occur on squares with no pre-set encounter (maybe on a roll of 5+ on a d6 or something)

I do think though that such a layout could get pretty complicated, still it really depends what you had in mind in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 15:57

Either that, or you just play some random scenarios based on current location.
Say that each warband start in the canalworks of Mordheim. Each time one enters this area, there is a number of possible scenarios that can be played. After a battle, a random happening will ensue, and depending of the outcome of the battle, there might be a chance that the loosing warband is hindered on their way, and the winning warband has a greater chance of moving on further down.

After the canalworks, they enter the sewers, and play some random scenarios (maybe you must fight, not win, but fight, at least 3 scenarios in each area before you can advance to the next.) and so on. Then, at some point, there will be Special Scenarios that MUST be played in order to continue.

OR, we can do as yous ay and just use a map Smile
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 16:43

either way would work. Yours would be alot simpler and quicker. I think though there would be room to do both. If we worked out all the smaller scale rules like advanced climbing etc... we could move onto the campaign wide rules.

Another thing to consider in the long term would be new dramatic personas and mercenaries eg. a skaven engineer with some kind of weird drill that gave you advantages in the campaign rather than battles (though he would obviously feature in battles)

New equipment is also an obvious feature, something like warpstone fueled skaven night vision goggles or an automatic climbing machine made by some mad dwarf (well maybe that last one is abit far fetched)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 17:06

Haha, yeah, at least SOME special items and hired-swords should be used, either in battles or in encounters and events.

("You come across a mad-as-a-hatter dwarf engineer on his way up. Having lost his entire warband to the horrors below, he offers you some advice before he finally makes it out of the tunnels. The next battle, you get to choose entry point.")

Speaking of entry points, maybe each scenario would have different points of entry, with different benefits to the objectives. That way, the winner of a scenario get to choose entry point first, and actually, in-game that is, HAS made it farther than the other warband(s).

Well, when discussing the minor rules, like climbing, do you have any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 17:51

Check out the Khemri rules on underground tunnels, it might provide some insight.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 18:04

Oh, sure! Great tip, thx Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 18:26

The Relics of the Crusades also have the Caverns of the Worm location.

We modified it for our campaign using the following scenarios:
The Caverns of the Worm
Type: Desert, Underground
Night: (It is always night in the caverns.) Darkness, Dangerous Ground, Unwanted Company
Bestiary: 1-Nothing. 2-D3 vermin swarms. 3-2D3 Thieves. 4-D6 Skeletons. 5-Djinn.
6-Liche Priest.

Die roll (2d6) Cavern Scenario
2 Your choice of Cavern Scenario
3 Dem Bones
4 The Pool
5 The Lost Mines (the Nemesis Campaign)
6 Chance Encounter
7 Treasure Hunt
8 Hidden Treasure
9 Tomb Raid
10 The Temple of Doom (based on The Gauntlet)
11 The Nameless Horror*
12 Your choice of any cavern scenario.

We liked it so much we added a similar location when we campaigned in Sartosa.

There is also a set of rules plus scenarios in a TC 7-9 about fighting in the sewers against Skaven.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 18:41

Wow, I cant wait to get to try these scenarios! Awesome! Wow, getting really hyped about this campaign over here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 7:33

I wonder if one could use these rules:

The winner takes it all!

This chart is to be used after a battle has taken place to see if the outcome had any effect, or if there will be other conditions affecting the upcoming battle. Use 2d6 for these rolls.

If you won your last battle:

1-2: Envy
Other warbands dislike you since you seem to be on top of them all. To represent
this, your leader is Hated by all enemy warriors the next battle. On the plus
side, though, you may also re-roll one failed rout-test in the same battle.

3-4: Fame and Fortune
People from all around have heard of your amazing leader skills and flock to your side. You may buy henchmen or hired swords for half price this one time only (not
equipment though).

5-6: Confidence
Your men have such confidence in you that during the next battle your leader skill will
have double range.

7-8: Undefeated Champions
Your men have grown so accustomed to victory that they don’t even think about loosing anymore. All your warriors have +1 point to Leadership for the duration of the
next battle.

9-10: Overconfidence
Your warband members have become overconfident and think too much of themselves. You have +75 points to your warband rating for the next battle.

11-12: Intimidating
Your warband is considered amongst the most ferocious pack of warriors in Mordheim,
and easily puts the most hardened enemy at unease. You may force the enemy to
re-roll any passed rout-tests the next battle. Second result stands.

If you lost your last battle:

1-2: Underestimated
Your warband has lost so bad in the past that other warbands doesn’t consider you a
serious threat. The next battle, you will have -75 points to your Warband rating,
which well could give you a good bonus to any XP earned.

3-4: Mutiny
The members of the warband lack faith in their leader. To counteract this, he or she must prove himself to them by leading them to victory. To do this, the warband must
win this scenario. If the warband wins, all surviving models gain +1 points to
their XP. If you loose, however, 1d6-2 random warriors (heroes and henchmen)
leave your warband. The undead cannot get this event.

5-6: Bribery
You have bribed one of the enemy warriors so that he will look the other way the next
time you fight. Maybe that will be enough to win the day! You loose 2d6 gc and
the enemy player is given that same amount of gold. But in addition, one
randomly determined enemy model will not partake in the next battle.

7-8: Backstabbing Bastard
Your warband leader is tired of taking beatings at every turn. He has somehow
managed to get in contact with a private contractor, a sort of problem solver
that has taken steps to ensure your next battle will result in victory. First,
your warband looses 3d6 gc. Then choose one of the following. If the Skaven get
this result, they do not have to pay any gold.
-Poisoned Rations
1d3 randomly determined henchmen
groups or heroes has been poisoned, and looses 1 point of T for the whole next
battle.
-Sabotage
groups or heroes has had one of their weapons smashed. Randomly determine which
one. The weapons has been repaired after the battle has taken place.
-Scouting: The contractor spies on the enemy
warband to see what their tactics will be. 3 of your warriors gain the
Infiltration skill for the duration of the next battle.
-Damage Moral: The contractor has taken steps to
damage the morale amongst the enemy, such as stealing something and planting it
on someone else. All warriors in the enemy warband suffer -1 point to Ld for
the next battle.

9-10: We’ll show them!
Your warriors have decided that they must regain their respect as warriors and will
fight extra hard to accomplish this. For the duration of the next battle, all
warriors in your warband have +1 point to Leadership.

11-12: Old debt
Your warband leader has waited for the right time to cash in on an old debt. The
indebted will join the warband for the next battle for free. You may choose one
Hired sword that will join you for free the next battle. You warband rating is
changed, though. If you want to keep the Hired sword after the battle, you must
pay the initial fee first.

I wrote them for my web-page. That way, the effect for the winner and looser of each battle will be decided by a dice roll, followed by simply playing the next scenario with those effects. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009 - 1:46

Seems like a good idea to me, but maybe they could be changed to include things like fleeing a battle and getting lost or spilt up for when you lose or finding maps the other warband had made if you win to make the list more tied in to the underground setting.

These could maybe replace the ones regarding your reputation with other bands or the general mordhiem public because there isn't much of a public down in a warren of caves.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009 - 4:52

skig wrote:
Seems like a good idea to me, but maybe they could be changed to include things like fleeing a battle and getting lost or spilt up for when you lose or finding maps the other warband had made if you win to make the list more tied in to the underground setting.

These could maybe replace the ones regarding your reputation with other bands or the general mordhiem public because there isn't much of a public down in a warren of caves.

Thats a great idea! Feel free to modify them after your own head, I dont mind at all. I'll try to think of something too. Maybe, in addition to these "post battle" happenings, there should be a number of "pre-battle" happenings too, that sets a special feature on the scenario played (Resonant Walls - The walls in this area are especially fragile, and any high noises might cause them to cave in. Everytime a black-powder weapon is fired in this game, roll a d6. On a 6, the model who fired and all other models within 6" take a S4 hit from falling rocks.) and you play with one such Feature each battle???
Back to top Go down
jnov36

jnov36

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 6:40

Hi guys, I'm new here and new too Mordheim but I have played WFRP & D&D since the eighties. I love your guys ideas and would love to contribute. If you do go with maps I could draw some up or anything else you would like help brainstorming with. And If you guys don't want/need help that's cool too.

It might cool to have it a closed campaign, meaning there is no escape, re-supply, finding recuits. The lower the warbands go the fewer members they will have. I'm guessing at some point they will make an alliance just to survive.

Campaign to have four levels:sewers, catacombs, lower cave system and lair of ???(finally) Maybe five scenario's per level, keeping it on the low side so there's a chance survivors. Probably have to modify the exploration tables to show the difference in environment.

Looking foward to seeing any material, good luck
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 8:43

jnov36 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new here and new too Mordheim but I have played WFRP & D&D since the eighties. I love your guys ideas and would love to contribute. If you do go with maps I could draw some up or anything else you would like help brainstorming with. And If you guys don't want/need help that's cool too.

It might cool to have it a closed campaign, meaning there is no escape, re-supply, finding recuits. The lower the warbands go the fewer members they will have. I'm guessing at some point they will make an alliance just to survive.

Campaign to have four levels:sewers, catacombs, lower cave system and lair of ???(finally) Maybe five scenario's per level, keeping it on the low side so there's a chance survivors. Probably have to modify the exploration tables to show the difference in environment.

Looking foward to seeing any material, good luck

You are absolutely welcome to contribute! As I said, I'd be happy to make a joint effort! Smile

To have a closed campaign isn't such a bad idea, actually! Of course, maybe the chance to survive would be higher, and some events that allow you to re-supply now and then (within some limits. Not a big chance to come across a merchant with grom-armour in the sewers...).

My thought was also about three to five scenarios per "level", but certain events could also trigger special scenarios.

Concerning map-making, I would love to see your suggestions, even if Im guessing it's for whoever plays the campaign to choose what form the maps will have. But please, feel free to contribute as much as you want! Smile

I will start scetching something eventually, if we can lay out some simple rules and guidelines first. What say you?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 9:30

So, I wrote an intro to a background story at least. What do you think:
----

Deeper

Deep below the city of Mordheim, below the sewers, beneath the catacombs, and
deeper down than the farthest reaches of the black pit, the core of the twin-tailed comet is said to lie, undisturbed by the death and corruption above. The Philosophers Stone, they call it, and it is said to be able to change anything into anything else. The essence of change, manifested in the hammer of Sigmar, and guarded by the most foul of demons, within the most cursed of places of the old world. This flame, however dark it is, a beacon to all, moth and man alike. Only few have heard this tale, and even fewer has decided to see for themselves if the stories are true. Of those few, none has ever been seen again. Now, the rumours of a pulsating green light from beneath the city are spreading. Like the poisoned veins of a rotten corpse, so Mordheim now takes form. And the unsuspecting fleas and larvae that feed upon the flesh of the cursed dead, unaware of the poison within, so do man, woman and monster alike flock to the bloody streets. Their thirst for corruption invisible only to themselves, as their hunger for death hides behind a mask of lies, greed and betrayal. Who will lay their hands upon the Heart of Mordheim, the Philosophers Stone? And does such a thing even exist?

----
I think the idea of the Philosphers Stone is quite good, acctually, as it has allways been around, both in real world history and fantasy settings, it is the one thing that seems to connect reality and fantasy in a way taht befits Mordheim very well, IMO Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 16:00

I have sketched some outlines to the campaign scenarios, but no advanced description (only names. The rules are in my head for now)

There are four levels:
1 - Sewers
2 - Catacombs
3 - Undercity
4 - The Abyss

Each level has 6 different scenarios. You roll a D6 and play the designated scenario. Afterwards, cross of that scenario and roll again. A 6 will always mean you play the scenario "Deeper" (also the name of the campaign Smile ) which is the scenario that is played before going down a level. One must, however, have played at least one scenario on each level before you can play the Deeper scenario. The last level, The Abyss, each scenario must be completed in order (1 to 6) where the last scenario takes place when the warbands escape the deep. This emans the campaign will have a minimum of 12 scenarios played, and a maximum of 24 scenarios. Also, some events may even trigger ADDITIONAL scenarios that must be played.

Also, how about these rules for tunnels I found on the Mordheimer?
http://www.mordheimer.com/optional_rules/tunnels.htm

How about that?
Back to top Go down
jnov36

jnov36

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009 - 2:17

I love the intro and the idea of the philosophers stone, I think that will definitely work. I also like your breakdown of the scenarios and how they work. I was looking around and there are some pretty cool undergroud/sewer/catacomb/dungeon rules out there. Town cryer 17 has soon cool random traps and Heros of Mordheim has some great exploration tables for undergroud. It might be cool to sift through them, use what you like. IMO using all of them might be a bit cumbersome. Going back to the map idea, what size do you think would be best? 4x4 or 4x6 'm not sure which is most popular.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009 - 5:10

jnov36 wrote:
I love the intro and the idea of the philosophers stone, I think that will definitely work. I also like your breakdown of the scenarios and how they work. I was looking around and there are some pretty cool undergroud/sewer/catacomb/dungeon rules out there. Town cryer 17 has soon cool random traps and Heros of Mordheim has some great exploration tables for undergroud. It might be cool to sift through them, use what you like. IMO using all of them might be a bit cumbersome. Going back to the map idea, what size do you think would be best? 4x4 or 4x6 'm not sure which is most popular.

Well, the map idea I have no clue how to work with. Whats your take on it?

And in TC 28 there is a great scenario: The Rats Den, a scenario where you actually descend to fight a rat queen at the bottom. I definately want to include that.
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 12:52

Heres a first draft revised version of your after battle chart. My changes are highlighted in Orange

If you won your last battle:

1-2: Clan Eshin
The speed at which you are advancing through the underground has attracted unwanted attention in the next battle D3 Clan Eshin Adepts controlled by the game master attempt to kill your warband leader. If they succeed they flee (leaving our other warriors alone). If you kill the assassins you get 1 wyrdstone chunk for each of them.

3-4: Come out of Hiding
Depending on which warband you are playing either a mad dwarf or a mad goblin has been trailing you. It is under the impression that outsiders from the surface will come to liberate it and all it's kind and having seen your last victory it is convinced that you are these fabled heros. It and 1d3 of it's insane followers join your warband (if you lose a battle they leave seeing that you are not the true messiah)

5-6: Confidence
Your men have such confidence in you that during the next battle your leader skill will
have double range.

7-8: Undefeated Champions
Your men have grown so accustomed to victory that they don’t even think about loosing anymore. All your warriors have +1 point to Leadership for the duration of the
next battle.

9-10: Overconfidence
Your warband members have become overconfident and think too much of themselves. You have +75 points to your warband rating for the next battle.

11-12: Tunnel Smart
Your men are begining to master the art of subterranean combat. In the next scenario in which it is possible for a team to choose their starting point you may choose first regardless of who would normally be allowed to.

If you lost your last battle:

1-2: Lost in the warren
D3 randomly selected models from your warband have become lost as you flee from battle. These unfortunate members must fight enemys determined by the table bellow as they find there way back to your band.

Roll a D6
1-2: Troll
3-4: 1D6 Skaven
5-6: 1D3 Dwarf miners

3-4: Mutiny
The members of the warband lack faith in their leader. To counteract this, he or she must prove himself to them by leading them to victory. To do this, the warband must
win this scenario. If the warband wins, all surviving models gain +1 points to
their XP. If you loose, however, 1d6-2 random warriors (heroes and henchmen)
leave your warband. The undead cannot get this event.

5-6: Bribery
You have bribed one of the enemy warriors so that he will look the other way the next
time you fight. Maybe that will be enough to win the day! You loose 2d6 gc and
the enemy player is given that same amount of gold. But in addition, one
randomly determined enemy model will not partake in the next battle.

7-8: Backstabbing Bastard
Your warband leader is tired of taking beatings at every turn. He has somehow
managed to get in contact with a private contractor, a sort of problem solver
that has taken steps to ensure your next battle will result in victory. First,
your warband looses 3d6 gc. Then choose one of the following. If the Skaven get
this result, they do not have to pay any gold.
-Poisoned Rations
groups or heroes has been poisoned, and looses 1 point of T for the whole next
battle.
-Sabotage
groups or heroes has had one of their weapons smashed. Randomly determine which
one. The weapons has been repaired after the battle has taken place.
-Scouting: The contractor spies on the enemy
warband to see what their tactics will be. 3 of your warriors gain the
Infiltration skill for the duration of the next battle.
-Damage Moral: The contractor has taken steps to
damage the morale amongst the enemy, such as stealing something and planting it
on someone else. All warriors in the enemy warband suffer -1 point to Ld for
the next battle.

9-10: We’ll show them!
Your warriors have decided that they must regain their respect as warriors and will
fight extra hard to accomplish this. For the duration of the next battle, all
warriors in your warband have +1 point to Leadership.

11-12: Old debt
Your warband leader has waited for the right time to cash in on an old debt. The
indebted will join the warband for the next battle for free. You may choose one
Hired sword that will join you for free the next battle. You warband rating is
changed, though. If you want to keep the Hired sword after the battle, you must
pay the initial fee first.

It's deffinatly a rush job but it does kinda show the sort of thing I mean.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 17:08

I like the changes. One thing though: The mad gobs and dwarves need stats, and also, the new Exploration Table I am working on for this campaign will allow for the warband to find new members of varying character.

Also, three skaven assassin adepts is a little steep, dont you think? Or did you mean a battle with ONLY the skaven and the warband, or do they appear in a normal battle? If so, I'd suggest ONE assassin adept is more than capable of the job. OR, to spice things up, they send Veskit Catacomb campaign Icon_twisted

The other changes, I really like. THough the lost in the warren encounters should probably mirror the setting more. I'd switch troll for Rat Ogre or a Possessed. The skaven are good. The Dwarf Miners I would switch for mutants with one random mutation each.

What you say?

This is turning out great! We make a good team I say Smile
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 17:41

Yup all your comments make sense to me. As I say it was pretty rushed. the troll for rat ogre switch makes sense, not only beacuse of the setting but also beacuse trolls are pretty damn tough Smile

Your also right about the assasins. 3 would be pretty nasty

As for the mad dwarves or goblins I'm not sure about their stats, but I see them as being cannon fodder. Probably armed with daggers or clubs. The leader would probably have a holy relic (I have forgotten the name of this item, you know the one that gives you a re-roll).

Oh and if you want some help with your exploration tables I have a few ideas, for example a very rare one should eb stumbling into a dragons lair and having the choice to fight it (for massive amounts of treasure) or to simply run like stink (which might incur some kind of penalty)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catacomb campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catacomb campaign
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next