Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!

Go down 
+60
MasterSpark
Taugenichts
thornz
RationalLemming
Warshades
Pervavita
Foxphoenix135
oldskoolrebel
TheMuumio
Svenn
Rudeboy
toemasss
mweaver
Ezekiel
Shacru
feelingfine69
anaron_duke
perfesser
Ancre
Von Kurst
Matumaros
suicidal_rage
tomogui
Oldcastle
MagnoliaFan
zettel
Tank
Ram Rock Ed First
Barden The Butcher
KRUG_666
Lord Xi
Chad
werekin
Joker2and53
StyrofoamKing
jackanory
Eliazar
TheWatcher
Gengi
crowbeard
catferret
xarly22
Skavenblight
Kapitan_Hak
Duce
Hawkeye
Pyyr
Ethlorien
JohnYoung
Horatius
VonStreusel
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Da Bank
Tagnator
DeafNala
Skavenslayer
Pfreck
Ashton
Admin Tom
cianty
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2008 - 20:13

Thanks for your quick answer!
I do agree that the warband has quite a lot of potential midway through a campaign when the top quality hired swords become available, but they will struggle early on.
The merchant and apprentice have youngblood stats, that is fine and fits the warband. But the merchant starts with 20 xp, making him unlkely to rise quickly. I could live with that if he (and the other heroes) had access to some decent ranged weapons, that would give them something usefull to do in the early games. Additionally, your best henchmen can´t become heroes.
I also agree that the mage has lots of potential, but if you get a less-than-usefull spell (like dread of aramar or luck of shemtek) he will be very bad till he gets another spell.
The henchmen are fine, but very expensive. Both a marksman and a blackguard will cost you 50 gold crowns equipped, combined with the wagon this means that you will have a warband that almost has to start very small early on and will need some luck (and few losses) to get better.
You will probably loose your first games, especially against an opponent whith a strong and / or numerous warband like skaven (if skaven are alowed in BTB, from the fluff it seems possible).
Alltogether this sounds quite like the possessed warband (which i lke very much), another warband with lots of potential but small numbers early on.
And i know from experience that a key loss early in a campaign (like a possessed or a well equipped knight vanguard) can cripple such a warband quite quickly, but that they can get quite strong if you get some lucky advance rolls.
In summary i think that you have overcompensated a little bit for their potential strengths Very Happy , but i do see your point that without some drawbacks they would become too strong.
Maybe i´ll houserule that they get access to normal bows for both heroes and henchmen, that shouldn´t unbalance things too much Wink
I´ll have to try them to see if my fears are right, but that will have to wait for the rest of BTB.
Ah well, you can´t have everything.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2008 - 20:20

Well, fortunately in Mordheim winning a game doesn't say too much about how how warband will develop throughout a campaign. You can very well live with a few lost games and the XP for surviving and the money may be just what you need...

Horatius wrote:
Maybe i´ll houserule that they get access to normal bows for both heroes and henchmen, that shouldn´t unbalance things too much Wink

Do so and let me know how they fare if you like. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
JohnYoung
General
General
JohnYoung

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:32

Cianty, part 1 is AMAZING! The look and feel of that supplement is sooo professional and the content is really nice too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Sep 2008 - 18:56

The professionalism rivals the books put out by GM.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:06

Very impressive. Downloaded it the other day and finally had a chance to read through it. Top notch quality - very professional. Once I've got all the parts, it will definately be up on my shelf with my GW books.

Good job and thank you for sharring it,

Ethlorien
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 0:57

I printed it up and put it in a nice binder but have left the binder at work the last two days. LOL

@cianty...it looks we are getting Mordheim up and running this next Tuesday and i am going to try the merchant warband. I even have a wagon already I purchased at a Art Store.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 1:04

Da Bank wrote:
@cianty...it looks we are getting Mordheim up and running this next Tuesday and i am going to try the merchant warband. I even have a wagon already I purchased at a Art Store.

Cool! Let me know how the warband turns out for you. And please take some photos! Smile I'd love to see that wagon.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 2:56

LOL. The wagon is ugly but will do the trick it is plastic and bought if at Michaels (arts and craft store in the USA) but yes, I will try to get some pics.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:32

oh.....

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 10:19

Very nice Cianty, makes me want to format my stuff so it looks that awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Pyyr
Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 13:21

Great work Cianty! cheers

And about wagons... look at this:

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 DavesCartXL

Merchant Gobbs caravan!!! lol!
[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 JermCartXL
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 13:33

OOOOOOOOOOOOH, I LOVE the Goblin Caravan Cart! Just add a few more wagons, some caravan guards, a dozen or so tricked out Hobgoblin & Goblin Outriders, A Goblin Merchant with Flunky, AND I think a COLD shower is in order here!affraid Suspect
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 14:18

Forget the cold shower DeafNala, you know that you WANT to do this... and i´d love to see that caravan, especially the knights vanguard. Think gobbos in plate armour Very Happy .
And i do agree, the wagons are awesome, even if they would need to be modified to accomodate mordheim miniatures.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 14:28

Awesome, Pyyr! Thanks a LOT for posting them here. What a terrific inspiration! I'll add them to the BTB site.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 16:12

Wow, those are just amazing! Very nice work, Pyyr.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep 2008 - 6:31

Ethlorien wrote:
Wow, those are just amazing! Very nice work, Pyyr.

Dave Andrews was responsible for those (not the painting but the conversions).

Though Pyyr did say they whernt his, just thought I'd let everyone know who made em.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:36

Cool pics...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep 2008 - 14:24

Horatius wrote:
Forget the cold shower DeafNala, you know that you WANT to do this... and i´d love to see that caravan, especially the knights vanguard. Think gobbos in plate armour Very Happy .

WISH GRANTED, kind of:
Over in the Mini Gallery, I've got the First of the Mushroom Distillation Enterprises wagons under the thread title Thunder Road, Night Goblin Style. Just shows they'll let any OLD Hooligan post their stuff Suspect .

@cianty & Werekin: I'm VERY HAPPY for you guys [& MORE than a bit proud to say I know you] finally seeing ALL your hard work & devotion coming to fruitation. The quality of your labors far surpass any poor compliments I could possibly proffer. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 21:50

@Cianty

I will be trying out the Merchant Warband. I hope to take pics also.

I noticed that the henchmen have access to xbows but not bows. That might prove a bit daunting with the move and shoot thing but I will let you know.

The Merchants of Marienburg will be going up against the Brood of Celestial Light (AKA Magician/Wizard Warband).
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 22:28

Da Bank wrote:
I will be trying out the Merchant Warband. I hope to take pics also.

Cool. I look forward to it.

Da Bank wrote:
I noticed that the henchmen have access to xbows but not bows. That might prove a bit daunting with the move and shoot thing but I will let you know.

Remember that you can still position some of your crossbowmen on the mandatory trade wagon and while the cart is moving the crossbowmen can still shoot (albeit with a -1 modifier). End of secret tech Smile
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:34

@Cianty - Excellent work on the first intallment of BTB. I knew nothing about it before arriving on this forum a few days ago, but I am seriously impressed. Very professional, but full of imagination too. Fantastic! I'll certainly be trying out the Merchant Caravan rules, but since it will be in the 'normal' Mordheim setting, I'll tweak it a bit for our gaming group. Some great modelling opportunities, though.

I'm very interested in some of the other warbands that I assume will be coming out in future installments (such as the Black Dwarfs).

Fantastic work!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Sep 2008 - 23:43

Hawkeye wrote:
I'm very interested in some of the other warbands that I assume will be coming out in future installments (such as the Black Dwarfs).

Thanks a lot, Hawkeye! The Black Dwarfs warband has been pre-released in the Word of Hashut webzine of Chaos Dwarfs community at Chaos Dwarfs Online. They even held two competitions about BTB: Golden Hat #6 and Artizian's Contest #2. I'd also like to mention Chaos Dwarfs Radion episode 3 where you can read an interview with BTB co-developer Werekin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008 - 4:08

Excellent - thank you, Cianty. Some great conversions there, and the Black Dwarf rules look really interesting. I have a few warbands I want to do first, but I'll get to those dwarfs eventually!
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008 - 10:08

*Looks around smugly*

Hes got my soul you all know.. so i'm technically involved with all this sucess

Nice stuff Cianty Razz

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008 - 10:45

Duce wrote:
*Looks around smugly*

Hes got my soul you all know.. so i'm technically involved with all this sucess

Nice stuff Cianty Razz

Good move Duce. If you had sold your soul to the Devil you'd wind up someplace decidedly on the uncomfortable side, but with cianty, you'll spend ALL Eternity wandering around the BTB gaming table(s). WELL DONE! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next