Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!

Go down 
+60
MasterSpark
Taugenichts
thornz
RationalLemming
Warshades
Pervavita
Foxphoenix135
oldskoolrebel
TheMuumio
Svenn
Rudeboy
toemasss
mweaver
Ezekiel
Shacru
feelingfine69
anaron_duke
perfesser
Ancre
Von Kurst
Matumaros
suicidal_rage
tomogui
Oldcastle
MagnoliaFan
zettel
Tank
Ram Rock Ed First
Barden The Butcher
KRUG_666
Lord Xi
Chad
werekin
Joker2and53
StyrofoamKing
jackanory
Eliazar
TheWatcher
Gengi
crowbeard
catferret
xarly22
Skavenblight
Kapitan_Hak
Duce
Hawkeye
Pyyr
Ethlorien
JohnYoung
Horatius
VonStreusel
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Da Bank
Tagnator
DeafNala
Skavenslayer
Pfreck
Ashton
Admin Tom
cianty
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 19:24

Thank You, everyone! I am very happy to hear, er, read that you like this issue as well!

Hawkeye wrote:
Oh, I do have a question - Cathayan Longsword (as a weapons option for an ogre captain) - what are the rules?

Just like the Merchant Caravan's Katana this is explained in the "New Equipment" chapter, which will be in an upcoming installment. The Longsword is, of course, based on the Ogre Kingdoms' weapon of the same name.

Again, I am glad you're all liking this issue as well!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 20:06

Another outstanding issue of BTB, and the more i read the less i can wait till the full rules are published.
I am building a chaos marauder warband at the moment, and the ogre maneaters look very tempting, too....ah well, i´ll simply have to withstand the temptation.
The battle report was very interesting: I am very disappointed that the kurgan did not manage to win that battle against some few travelling merchants. Their patron god can´t be thrilled, what did their leader roll after the battle? Did he (deservedly) become a spawn of chaos? Wink
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 20:27

Horatius wrote:
I am building a chaos marauder warband at the moment, and the ogre maneaters look very tempting, too....ah well, i´ll simply have to withstand the temptation.

Ha ha, I regard that as a positive sign!

Let's see some pics of them, Horatius!

Horatius wrote:
The battle report was very interesting: I am very disappointed that the kurgan did not manage to win that battle against some few travelling merchants. Their patron god can´t be thrilled, what did their leader roll after the battle? Did he (deservedly) become a spawn of chaos? Wink

Actually we made this report specifically for this issue. Malte plays Battle Monks in our current BTB campaign and Andi plays Da Mob. Both have enough experience with the warbands though, of course.
If you look at the warbands you will notice that they are equiped WYSIWYG instead of going for a more power-gaming style, which we usually do. Axes instead of maces etc. The shields are okay since we are using the additional +1 AS rule which makes them useful in close combat at 5+. I'm the one playing Marauders currently and my Kurgan starting warband contains lots of Chaos hounds and no shields, but unfortunately my dogs aren't painted. Sad
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 20:31

Aha! Ok, I see, Cianty. Well, another reason (if any other reason were needed) to await future installments with baited breath.

Once again, fantastic work!
Back to top Go down
crowbeard
Warrior
Warrior
crowbeard

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2008 - 12:09

4 down 2 to go ... with this material it really hasn't been hard to hustle up a campaign crew!!!!!.......
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2008 - 20:49

I downloaded it the other day, but only just now had time to read through it. Really nice! Love the bestiary and the Maneaters. The Showcases are just spectacular. Thanks a lot, looking forward to the last two parts.
Back to top Go down
Pyyr
Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 21:00

Cianty, awesome work like always!

I have some questions ^^

On btb part 3, (hired swords section) I think that there is a mistake in Chaos Centaur HS, because his profile attack is 1(2), I think that is like the centigor rules (Trample) but it's not in the pdf.

And the questions: What did happen with the ogre dragon HS? I would swear that there was one in the first version of the BTB site.

And the revised Norse Explorers warband. In what do they differ from the lustria norse warband?

I'm "harvesting" minis for my future khorne marauders warband. The first one, my pack tamer:

edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Fef1_1

Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all folks! Wink
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 21:21

Pyyr wrote:
Cianty, awesome work like always!

Thank you! Glad you like it.

Pyyr wrote:
On btb part 3, (hired swords section) I think that there is a mistake in Chaos Centaur HS, because his profile attack is 1(2), I think that is like the centigor rules (Trample) but it's not in the pdf.

Jeepers, you are right! I'll fix this immediately.

Pyyr wrote:
And the questions: What did happen with the ogre dragon HS? I would swear that there was one in the first version of the BTB site.

You are right. There used to be a Dragon Ogre HS indeed, but it got kicked because it is too powerful for a Hired Sword. You can find Dragon Ogres in the Bestiary (Part 4). They can appear through random happenings and if you are lucky they might even ally with you. Dragon Ogres should be somewhat rare and making them a HS isn't exactly smart. Smile

Pyyr wrote:
And the revised Norse Explorers warband. In what do they differ from the lustria norse warband?

They do not differ at all. What we did is give the warband a new introduction and incoporate the official errata from the Town Cryer issues following the initial release. Some things were wrong and some maximum characteristics were missing. We did not change any rules so this is still the original (and updated/corrected) Norse warband, re-published for your convenience because it fits the BTB setting so well.

Pyyr wrote:
I'm "harvesting" minis for my future khorne marauders warband. The first one, my pack tamer:

edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Fef1_1

Cool model. Where is it from?
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 21:53

i cant wait for getting the monks rules desperate , i need them!,
and for the norse raiders..........ive alredy have some vikings of historical miniatures that would be my next warband.
ive a lot of ideas for the battlemonks........do you know the dragon clan of the tlotfr??? Cathayan Monk 1 Cathayan Monk 2 Cathayan Monk 1 Cathayan Monk 2 Cathayan Monk 1 Cathayan Monk 2
Back to top Go down
Pyyr
Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 22:37

cianty wrote:

Cool model. Where is it from?

It's an old chaos model from '80 citadel range. A beastlord - chaos hounds tamer or something like that. I bought it from ebay some weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 23:03

xarly22 wrote:
i cant wait for getting the monks rules desperate , i need them!,

Patience, my friend! Only one week (and one hour) to go. Smile

xarly22 wrote:
ive a lot of ideas for the battlemonks........do you know the dragon clan of the tlotfr?

Um, is that supposed to mean LotR? In either case my answer would be "no". Rolling Eyes

Pyyr wrote:
It's an old chaos model from '80 citadel range. A beastlord - chaos hounds tamer or something like that. I bought it from ebay some weeks ago.

Ah, okay! I suspected something like that. Thanks. It fits a Khorne tamer just perfectly!
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Oct 2008 - 6:30

Cianty wrote:
Um, is that supposed to mean LotR?
In either case my answer would be "no".
im tolking about the legend of the five rings, the dragon clan monks, do you know that card game?? i think that you would like that monks, they always are tatooed and can use elemental magic, are cool Cathayan Monk 2
Back to top Go down
Gengi
Warrior
Warrior
Gengi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 18:02

We Want Monks... We Want Mokss.... !!! xDDD

Great cyanti Very Happy /clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.dipesa.biz
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 23:48

Gengi wrote:
We Want Monks... We Want Mokss.... !!! xDDD

Great cyanti Very Happy /clap

Only one more day and 12 minutes until they arrive at a tea house near you! Wink Cathayan Monk 2
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 0:00

And it's out! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 8:48

another great work Smile thanks for publishing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 12:44

Quote :
From BTB5 - Gift of Chaos: Chaos armour is a gift from the Dark
Gods to the worthy warrior.

Question: If the Norse alignment for Marauders is meant to reduce their attention by the Chaos God's, does their +1 to find Rare Items apply to Chaos Armour?

It seems strange that the warband talks about drawing less attention but they are more likely to get hold of something as important as Chaos Armour than anybody else.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 13:00

Cianty... clap, clap, clap. I just read your latest installment and i am very impressed. Your words, editing, pictures, and story line is still some of the best I have read in the gaming business.

Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 13:33

catferret wrote:
Question: If the Norse alignment for Marauders is meant to reduce their attention by the Chaos God's, does their +1 to find Rare Items apply to Chaos Armour?

It seems strange that the warband talks about drawing less attention but they are more likely to get hold of something as important as Chaos Armour than anybody else.

You have a good point. However, as you can read in the Chaos armour describtion, this is not the only way you can get the armour:

BTB Part 5, Chaos Armour fluff wrote:
While most suits of Chaos Armour are received as Gifts from an Infernal Patron, they can be acquired, though only from Chaos Dwarfs in an exclusive exchange for many captives or perhaps some impossible deed to further their interests.

The trade connections between marauders and Chaos dwarfs have been sorta neglected in the warhammer army book but they are explicitly described in the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay books. We drew lots of additional background from those sources and it is very convenient that on page 46 the new Warriors of Chaos armybook describes the armour pretty much the same way that we summarized it in our Spoils of War chapter.

So considering that the Norse do a lot of trading I think the combination of the +1 rarity roll does work well with the Chaos armour.

Da Bank wrote:
Cianty... clap, clap, clap. I just read your latest installment and i am very impressed. Your words, editing, pictures, and story line is still some of the best I have read in the gaming business.

Keep it up.

Thank you very much, Andy! This means a lot to me! Embarassed I would like to point out, however, that this has been a group effort and I couldn't have done it without Stu's proof-reading and editing skills, as well as rev's story-writing. Also I will soon announce another great story-teller who has joined the BTB crew with an incredible contribution. Keep an eye out for it on the BTB website - it's well worth it...
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 15:16

Thanks for that. I just wanted to check given that I intend to be playing Norse and didn't want an unfair advantage. Bwahahaha, easy Chaos Armour all round then Laughing
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 15:20

catferret wrote:
Thanks for that. I just wanted to check given that I intend to be playing Norse and didn't want an unfair advantage. Bwahahaha, easy Chaos Armour all round then Laughing

Ok then. Don't worry, the decreased chances for getting a Mark of Chaos are a significant drawback. And Chaos Armour is quite difficult to find - even with a +1 bonus.
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 16:10

Actually, I don't find the lower chance of a Mark to be a problem. It's the lack of missile weapons that causes problems for Norse.

Kurgan all have access to bows (heroes and henchmen). They have a -1 to find Rare items but the commonly sought ones like Lucky Charms aren't hard to find, and with a bow, they can take enough opponents OOA in order to offset the rarity on Chaos Armour.

It's difficult for a H to H band to survive into combat. Most bands have at least a little shooting. But Marauders have 15 gold range 6 weapons for Henchmen only. It wouldn't be so bad if the throwing axes were cheaper, but at the moment they really don't compare to a 10 gold range 24 weapon.

Sorry for rambling on the thread. Feel free to relocate my rant to a different thread (or the bin Wink ).
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 17:16

catferret wrote:
Sorry for rambling on the thread. Feel free to relocate my rant to a different thread (or the bin Wink ).

Ha ha, no prob! Well, be happy that you don't play WFB.

On the other hand.. a hellcannon might be just what you need.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 17:56

Another excellent issue of BTB Cianty!
The Monks sorely tempt me, and i have only just finished my marauders Laughing
I noticed that you used only Citadel miniatures for them, and converted quite extensively. Why didn´t you use minis from Reaper, the Perries or The Assault Group? Because they are slightly smaller?

By the way, shouldn´t you edit the title into: Part 5 out now ? Wink
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 18:09

Horatius wrote:
Another excellent issue of BTB Cianty!

Thank you!

Horatius wrote:
The Monks sorely tempt me, and i have only just finished my marauders Laughing
I noticed that you used only Citadel miniatures for them, and converted quite extensively. Why didn´t you use minis from Reaper, the Perries or The Assault Group? Because they are slightly smaller?

Well, this is because I always wanted BTB to be the perfect Mordheim supplement, with GW not being able to do it any better. This includes not using non-Citadel Miniatures. Therefore you won't find any non-GW miniatures on the BTB website or the supplement itself. This may not be considered player-friendly, but we want this to be perfect from a GW point of view.

Horatius wrote:
By the way, shouldn´t you edit the title into: Part 5 out now ? Wink

Yes, of course! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   edition - [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next