Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Kidbone's work

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
kidbone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 2:49

Ok...Since I did not really know where to put this and since I promised you guys that I would put up some pics on my newly done table I thought that I might just put every thing I do in this post, like my new buildings I got in mind to do and my home made Mordheim table. So I hope you guys will like it Kidbone's work Icon_lol

Since I have not started with my building or really worked out how I would like the table to look like, for example if I would want to have all the terrain not fixed to the surface or some permanent hills on it or even some plates with some hills and stuff that I can place out on the table as I like. So right now its just the basic table.

This is what greets you at the door when you enter my room.

Kidbone's work War_ta11

Just a basic over look

Kidbone's work War_ta12

A look under the table where I made a storing place for my terrain and some of my building material.

Kidbone's work War_ta13

Ahh...boxed wine! Great to do terrain with and great to drink when you are working on your projects ( do not drink if your under the legal limit for your country thou)

Kidbone's work War_ta14

And I guess you guys ask your self why I did not just make a normal table, that have 4 corners not 6 like my table do and to that I have to ask you, where would I have put the trash bag if I diden't? Kidbone's work Icon_wink j/k plus it makes it easier to reach to the other side of the table and overall gives you a better reach

Kidbone's work War_ta15
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 9:42

NICE SOLID looking table with JUST ENOUGH clutter to give it that hit by a Comet look. Kidbone's work Suspect
Back to top Go down
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 14:14

Its just the start so it will look alot cooler in about... 2 weeks? Depends when I get my new stuff from the mail and how fast I work when I get them,´.

Its kind of lame looking atm I know. But just you wait ^^
Back to top Go down
frog
Veteran
Veteran
frog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 15:50

how large is that? about 4foot by 4foot? but a bit missing like you said?

good start? are you going to do multi levels? - as in subway, streems, hills?
would love to know how you go about doing that!

- ive been planning something similar myself.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 16:03

kidbone wrote:
Its just the start so it will look alot cooler in about... 2 weeks? Depends when I get my new stuff from the mail and how fast I work when I get them,´.

Its kind of lame looking atm I know. But just you wait ^^

Actually, when Old Crazy Linda [my Ex] & I first got our house, my dream was to have my own gaming table....well thirty something years later, it's STILL a dream. SO...from my perspective, THAT TABLE looks FANTASTIC. The clutter is a PLUS. Kidbone's work 544694
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 18:24

Tnx man!

The "reccesed corner" idea seems strange at first glance, but I'm sure it became practical in the middle of a game (and for walking into your room too Kidbone's work Icon_cool).

The better part is that you have your playing table. As Deaf has said, that's a dream for a lot of gamers, so you already has an advantage over some of us.

And I see a couple of buildings in that storage "under the table" space, so you have a good start for your own city of the damned.

Keep the good work on!

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 19:10

frog wrote:
how large is that? about 4foot by 4foot? but a bit missing like you said?

good start? are you going to do multi levels? - as in subway, streems, hills?

Ye its 120cm x 120cm or 4' x 4'
(1 foot = 30 cm I think?)

I have some ideas about how I will do with the buildings hills and so on, but I know one thing that I don't like to have and that's the hole table filled with buildings that are glued in place. I got no problem with filling my table with buildings and scenery but I don't like to have the same "map" to play over and over again. I got an idea that I should do 8 or more (sorry metric system, but imo it's the best ^^ ) 40cm x 40cm platforms that I can move around on the table to create a less static war-table. Hard to tell you exactly how I'm planing to do it but I will keep you updated how it turns out.

But I would LOVE to have a multilevelled war-table with a street level, 1, 2 or even 3 levels over the street with hang bridges and overpasses, make shift bridges and lookouts, and maybe even a sewer channelling as a sub-level to the streets. But I do not like it to be to many builds all over the place, you should at least be able to manoeuvre your warband within the war-table.

As I said I will keep you posted with new pics as soon as I get things started on my end here with all the materials for the buildings start to drop in.

Kidbone's work Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 16:35

Darn...pressed the shiftkey+uparrowkey and deleted my hole post... sigh!!! A new try then!

Hallo Very Happy today I got the new stuff I have been waiting for so to keep you guys posted on hows it going I got my campera and klicked off some pics.

This is what I got in the mail today: 4 molds, 2 field static grass, 2 moss green flock, 2 grass green flock, 6kg! of plaster or something to put in the mold and some paint (4x chaos black, 2x skull white, 1x snakebite leather and 1x vermin brown)
Kidbone's work Bestal10

The molds, to shorten it out its like 2 molds for walls, stuff like that, one for floor and one that is for wood molds.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 17:30

Looks like you know what to do in these dreary grey cold days.

And welcome aboard mate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 17:36

The lost messages disappear into an area of the Ethereal Plane existing in harmony with all those missing socks. Kidbone's work Suspect
CONGRATULATIONS on ALL the modelling stuff...now get busy & have FUN! Kidbone's work 544694
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 18:04

Man, I'm green with envy.

Have fun with all that molds and plaster, and hope your efforts are A COMPLETE SUCCESS.

Keep us tuned as your new scenery is taking shape.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009 - 5:06

been kind of busy with other stuff the last few weeks, but I will soon put up some WIP pics that I have been working on, and some of my friends terrain that I have at my place.
Back to top Go down
foe42
Youngblood
Youngblood
foe42

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009 - 15:22

are those the hirstarts moulds? i have been thinking of getting some even more so since starting to get into mordheim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hijc.com
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Personal Info

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009 - 22:51

foe42 wrote:
are those the hirstarts moulds? i have been thinking of getting some even more so since starting to get into mordheim.

They are nice, the only problem is that the the stair steps are to small to put figures on, but if use a "stair" mold peice you can work it out so you can balance it, I can post a pic how I done it later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kidbone's work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kidbone's work   Kidbone's work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kidbone's work
Page 1 of 1