Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What is the best way to make your terrain mobile?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eternaldream
Hero
Hero
eternaldream

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

terrain - What is the best way to make your terrain mobile? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best way to make your terrain mobile?   terrain - What is the best way to make your terrain mobile? Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 0:30

The way I'm building my board now is in 4 2'x2' sections. For the buildings, I am going to glue only the first floor onto the board. Each floor is going to be 2" high, so all the buildings will be uniform in scale. The rest of the building will be magnetized so they can come off. So the boards themselves can be stacked easily without squishing each other. The rest of the pieces I was thinking of grabbing a large cardboard box, and filling it with foam. I could cut out the foam into the shapes of each of the building pieces, like cookie cutters. It's going to take up a lot of space, but it would be mobile. That's really a big issue for me, since I want to bring it out to my local game stores. How do you do it?
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Trading Reputation : 0

terrain - What is the best way to make your terrain mobile? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to make your terrain mobile?   terrain - What is the best way to make your terrain mobile? Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 1:17

Check these threads.

That's how I do it.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-f13/magokiron-s-buildings-t1553.htm

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-and-terrain-f4/church-wip-t1555.htm?sid=811199d559b4e2d18356ffd4aa5332cb

(and make sure to click the spoilers).

Maybe those can give you a couple of ideas.

4 2x2 boards seems like a good start for a easy to store and easy to bring table, and your "magnetized upper floors" concept, along with all ground levels of the same size is a very clever idea, but as in my game group we like to make different "levels" with platforms and foundations, and sometimes we need specific "special" terrain pieces for different scenarios, fixed buildings don't give us the flexibility we aim.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down

What is the best way to make your terrain mobile?
Page 1 of 1