Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)

Go down 
+3
SeiFeR-NL
DeafNala
garathiel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Empty
PostSubject: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 22:28

Hi i'm a player of WHFB ... Bretonnia precisely.
Now I'm showing you some of my troops 'cos I was thinking to take some bits of my army to make a warband.

---

Those are my Men@Arms + Reliquae Pilgrims

Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Relic2e
Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Relic1

Other views of details
Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Relicsx

---

Some Errant Knights:

Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Errantiscudi

Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Errantiback

The beast details ^-^
Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Errantifalco2
Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Errantifalco

In the End ... We all Know that someone will die ... ^^ ...
Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Flashmxq
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garathielpaints
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 22:41

I think that my 2 Errant Knight for the band will be the one with the Pillgrin Falcon and the one with The blue blade and pink armour.

I'll need to do their foot version too Very Happy ... I'm luck to be full of bretonnian bits of the old and new edition!

---

For the Questing Knight I have the beautiful models of 6° edition with big swords and full of bags on the horse ... that would be more difficult to made ... 'cos I need to find a Big Sword for the foot version.
The model has the classic flat on top helm so the only hard thing i really need is that big sword Very Happy

---

For Archers I'll use those 6° edition plastic box , they have many poses ... bow ... many heads choices and some courios bits ... xfect to have 32 of them for my army Very Happy that's luck!

---

So ... I'm talking too much and I know that you like PICS much Very Happy , I'll give you something special in the next week.
For my Honor!!!

<--------->

Quote :

questing knight(Alexandre le Juste) 85
sword

errant knight 55
sword

errant knight 55
sword

squire 20
sword

squire 20
sword

squire 20
sword

2 Bowmen 70
longbows

2 Bowmen 80
longbows,swords

2Bowmen 80
longbows,swords

Halfling scout 15
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 22:53

VERY CLASSY!...seems appropriate. If you lavish this much LOVE on your Army, it staggers the mind JUST HOW WELL your War Band will look. This should be something SPECIAL. I'll keep an eye out for your next post. Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) 544694
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 23:12

Thank U Deaf!
And what you think of the list too?

I would like to give them a "dark" appearance ... they should look noble (very light&colourfull dresses) but also stressed and tired.(Pallid visages and very dark bases , I used Natural Barley and White Sand for Man@Arms)

This is because the quest should be a terrific experience , full of pain ... many battles with any kind of evil stuffs and mental stress of wandering nowhere.

And sometimes ... you could finish your money ... get down from your Die-ing horse ... have your armour & shield broken ... and remain with a few group of valid men and their swords.

---

Yeah , I think this is what it should be ... the remain of a questing noble knight battalion after a bloody battle vs some evil enemy ^^ ... like Beastmen , Orks , Undeads of Mousillons ... Very Happy

(Sorry for my English guys ^^')
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 8:13

I'm probably NOT the best person to ask about your War Band list; I'm MOSTLY a painter/modeler Guy. As such I tend to make War Bands that look COOL without a thought as to how well they'll do on the Field of Battle. Your best bet is to post your starting list in the Rules section where you'll get all the advice you could possibly want...or stand.
AND your English is EXCELLENT...I thank you for the effort of expressing your thoughts in a language not your own. Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) 544694
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 9:13

I think i would make the same list. Except for the Halfling... But that's more because i tend to stay away from hired sword Smile

I would love to have more bits from Bretonnians... but i'll have to do with the bits i find here and there.
But the questing knight conversion is also posted on this forum! The one leaning on his big sword! Its not mine... so i don't know precisely where to look here Smile

Mine are pretty easy... if you find the good bits. I also put in some other equipment (elven sword for excample). To show they have been away for a long time, and addepted to Mordheim Smile

My henchmen are painted with a Dark color schema... the nobles try to stay clean as possible... it seems they manage quite good.

Anywayz... when u tested the rules from TC... try mine sometime. The TC rules aren't balanced enough IMO.
Post ur results in my thread if you like.

Good luck on your Warband!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 9:22

The mini SeiFer_NL...good call there... was referring to can be found here:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/miniatures-f2/bretonnian-knight-t1894.htm .
It's by MagnoliaFan...one of our more prolific & VERY talented Forumites.
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 11:25

O god ... Thank u for that link!
-Bretonnian Questing Champion 6th edition upper body
-Champion Men@Arms Legs
-Short Sword & Chest from Men@Arms & Real Knight sprue
-Bag & Rope from Mordheim sprue
-Pillgrim Shield
Wow I think to have every thing @ home!
And i think to add some Bretonnian "sigil"!

(I'm a university student , 2Hrs of train from my home , and I come back 3 days every 2 weeks Very Happy)

So thanks again both of you , cheers up from Pisa Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009 - 14:58

Your painting is wicked, but I just can't get over how messy and crude your bases look. They just don't seem to match with the amazing paintwork at all. Keep on posting more pictures of your painting!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 16:52

Wow! You are a skilled painter.
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 3:48

WOW!

I really LIKE you painting style, (but as Kaptain says, maybe a little more attention to bases will make your work look even better)

Hope to see more of your work, and definitely waiting to see your Mordheim warband.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 20:50

Great job. I love the vibrant colors you picked for your troops, i like the style as well, not something Ive seen much and you make it tick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)   Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alexandre le Juste - The long Quest (Bretonnian Warband)
Page 1 of 1