Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Curious about a Maneater Band

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChildOfKhorne
Champion
Champion
ChildOfKhorne

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Curious about a Maneater Band Empty
PostSubject: Curious about a Maneater Band   Curious about a Maneater Band Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 20:27

I was curious of the maneater band, is it worth it. They seem pretty expencive and it seems they would be ultra bait for any ranged army, and loosing a 200pt mini would be terrible since we only start with 500.

Anyone have any experience with or against them?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Curious about a Maneater Band   Curious about a Maneater Band Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 20:37

Only if you like Orgres.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Curious about a Maneater Band   Curious about a Maneater Band Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 9:19

Well... I completely bashed the crap out of Matt's models at first (though mainly cause we allowed him to barge through walls, making the buildings collapse on top of him... - he insisted... the anxious little bloke...)

But then in Bremen, he took the lead almost directly from the start.. and was real hard to bring down... So I say it's a varied enough band to give it a shot... though brutal to face in close combat.. they are few, and if you manage to take down the right models, you can stall their advance/growth... if you allow them to grow... they become a real pain...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Curious about a Maneater Band   Curious about a Maneater Band Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 11:08

I find it fascinating, because you really need to rethink your tactics and figure out how to play against them. It's not impossible, far from it I think, but you need to adjust your tactics. In my eyes that's a pretty cool challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
BossFacePunch
Warrior
Warrior
BossFacePunch

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Curious about a Maneater Band   Curious about a Maneater Band Icon_minitimeFri 6 Nov 2009 - 3:10

When I play against my friend's Maneaters with my Orcs and Goblins the only thing that I'm scared of is their 6 Movement and the multiple models with Fear. Otherwise stats:gold Ogres aren't much better then your standard Orc Boy in close combat.

I always make sure I can field the max five squigs and I try my best to get the bulk of her warband bogged down fighting my big mob of squigs and goblins. Sometimes the tar pit mob's awesome Leadership of 5 makes it hard to get past the Fear but even if they fail, getting around the 10 crappy models in crowded terrain to get to the ones you really want to kill is still a pain for the ogres. I keep all my Orcs together, except for my lone crossbow sniper, and wait to see how the tar pit tactic is going. If the ogres get stuck in my tar pit then the Boyz all go mob on any single ogre they can all get into combat with until the ogres have to rout. If the tar pit is a bust then the Boyz try to complete what ever objectives they can and then try to rout as soon as possible.

Squigs end up being my MVP against the ogres just about every game. I love those 15 point buggers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious about a Maneater Band   Curious about a Maneater Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious about a Maneater Band
Page 1 of 1