Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models

Go down 
+16
Jacko' lantern
HornedRat
Paluke
Ghod
catferret
Unwanted
DeafNala
Popmouth
Zogoff
Da Bank
SeiFeR-NL
Kaptain Dedgob
JAFisher44
Myntokk
Pathfinder Dubstyles
hero
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hero
Elder
Elder

Trading Reputation : 0

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Empty
PostSubject: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 2:23

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models M500738a_99060206086_SkavenSnikch_873x627

Dang! I mean, wow.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 2:28

indeed!
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 2:52

Yeah, he's not bad except the edge of his cloak whisping up into an arc like that looks kinda dumb in my opinion.

The screaming bell and a "plague furnace" variant was also spoiled recently (the second looks like it has an ENORMOUS plague censer incorporated into it).

I'm kinda iffy on the new skaven - from what I've seen the regiments are a major improvement on previous models, but the characters are just over the top. The new screaming bell is absolutely huge, and for some idiotic reason the grey seer is riding on the bell! Rolling Eyes

Warlord Squeak, on the other hand, looks really cool.

Check 'em out here.
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 4:29

Do you mean Warlord Queek? The one in the red armour? I like that model. I would get rid of all that rubbish on his back though. Too bad you can't ever give a skaven heavy armour, cause it's kind of hard to justify that model as just wearing light armour.
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 8:26

The doomwheel finally doesn't look ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 8:44

Kaptain Dedgob wrote:
The doomwheel finally doesn't look ridiculous.

Yeah i really like it. And think of all the bits you have after you put 1 together.
Wish i had a skaven warband... this could work !!!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 12:38

Indeed, very nice models.
Back to top Go down
Zogoff
Youngblood
Youngblood
Zogoff

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 15:00

Yep. It makes me want to start a Skaven warband now. Too bad I spent all my money on terrain. One thing at a time I guess.
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 17:39

Agrees that the cape is peeking it just a bit... Also, it's slightly unpractical for us mordheim players ^_^
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 17:45

JAFisher44 wrote:
Do you mean Warlord Queek?
yup, thanks for catching me! Yeah, I like him a lot better than Snitch or the new packmaster special character. I wonder if they'll be bringing Ikit Klaw back, too?

I forgot about the new doomwheel. I like it, and it's an interesting move to put the pilot inside rather than on top. Love how he's got the little side-parascope! I always really liked the old pilot with his goggles and pistol though. Still, it's a nice model. I guess it's nice that it's plastic, making conversions easier, but at the same time I wish making it plastic also meant making it cheaper, which doesn't really appear to be the case.

Popmouth wrote:
Agrees that the cape is peeking it just a bit... Also, it's slightly unpractical for us mordheim players ^_^
Actually, it looks like it wouldn't be all that tough to cut the extra bit off and smooth it out, giving him a more reasonable cape. Still wouldn't be the most practical model for mordheim, but at least he'd probably fit inside some buildings.

As it is, one corner of his cape inexplicably extends about twice as far as the rest.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 17:56

The Poor Rat Lad seems to be suffering from a severe case of Mange...not a Helluva alot of hair considering he's a furry type. Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Suspect
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 0:35

As far as I'm concerned, I'll still be converting my own adept, even if Snikch is awesome. Also, the only models in the new release that seems useful is the Clan Rats for Verminkin.

Which is why I'll return to doing a full Warhammer Army Very Happy
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 2:54

Myntokk wrote:
I wonder if they'll be bringing Ikit Klaw back, too?

No plans for a new model as yet but the old one is being rereleased and he does appear in the new army book. He's a little vulnerable to Vaul's Unmaking as most of his benefits are provided by his enchanted armoured frame. Still, he's pretty awesome anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ghod
Hero
Hero
Ghod

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 12:32

I'm sure there will be a few people using the new models as an ecuse to start a Skaven warband. (I know I will be)

Deathmaster Snikch will be my adept, and tbh I dont know if I have the heart to cut of that edge of cape...

I know its a tad style of substance... but damn its got style. Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009 - 16:25

the sword positioning looks like a windmill Wink
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:56

I soooo can't wait for the new skaven. Conversion time!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 8:36

Paluke wrote:
the sword positioning looks like a windmill Wink

Only a dutch person could see that Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 9:11

i love the new snitch and queek headtaker. i also like the new storm vermin, doom wheel. but not the clan rats they are not that good for converting.
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 5:03

Jacko' lantern wrote:
i love the new snitch and queek headtaker. i also like the new storm vermin, doom wheel. but not the clan rats they are not that good for converting.

Yeah!

They're supposed to be "multipart kits", but... ONLY RIGHT ARM IS A SEPARATE PIECE!

They don't give you a single body+legs+tail but with both separate arms and a couple of heads to choose from (to make a champion, standard bearer or musician).

No, nothing, zero!

The models seem fine, but the lack of modelling options... Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 11:06

[quote="magokiron"]
Jacko' lantern wrote:
They're supposed to be "multipart kits", but... ONLY RIGHT ARM IS A SEPARATE PIECE!

They don't give you a single body+legs+tail but with both separate arms and a couple of heads to choose from (to make a champion, standard bearer or musician).

No, nothing, zero!

The models seem fine, but the lack of modelling options... Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_evil

I AGREE! While I can see where having less pieces enhances ranking up & speeds the assembly of units for WHFB, it does nothing for the converter/modeler except make things difficult. The WONDERFUL part about GW's plastic kits was the profusion of extra parts & the adaptability of the minis. They seem to be going out of their way to alienate the more creative members of the hobby community. Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 20:36

Yep they only care for the rich little brats! We old fanboyz who supported them trough the 80's can rot!
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 20:46

Mo! wrote:
Yep they only care for the rich little brats! We old fanboyz who supported them trough the 80's can rot!

Have you ever been in a GW "sales pitch" meeting?

I have contacted my local country distributors (to see if I can get a discount by buying directly from them), and ALL MARKETING tendencies were in the line off:

"To the hell with OLD GAMERS, they pretty much has bought all their stuff so we're not supporting them; enlist NEW YOUNG GAMERS who will spend A LOT OF MONEY for approximately 2 years and quit the hobby. But don't worry, plenty more young rich fools from where they came from".

Ok. maybe not with those words, they were A LITTLE more "politically correct", but that was the idea.

As an OLD GAMER who's been gaming GW stuff for the best part of tha last 20 years, I was shocked.

But that's how the market goes I guess.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 2:26

It is a shame that the clanrats aren't more poseable, but they look so much better than the last run of plastic models that I forgive GW on this one. To me it's the discontinuation of the Bitz mail order service more than anything else that really delt a blow to creative modelling. Before I'd go through their phonebook-sized catalog scouring for just the right piece if I wanted to make some cool conversion, but nowadays the best you can do is buy from some of the plastic bit services or buy entire metal kits for one tiny piece. Sure, in the long run I may end up using the rest of it, but realistically I may not need those components for some time, if ever at all. And if you're looking for old metal stuff then forget it.

It's especially a shame because often the featured conversions on their website and in WD will be very inventive conversions comprised of all manner of bitz from current and old GW models, and they're advertizing it as though "Hey, look at the cool figures this guy made! You can do it too!" which really isn't the case.
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 8:14

Myntokk wrote:
Words of wisdom followed by a guitar solo.

I'm not angry about some of the multipart kits that have been reduced to more singlepart. I have to admit that models like the old plastic chaos warriors were pretty ugly if you ask me (they served their purpose for their time of course) along with the old clanrat box. BUT just as Myntokk said, closing down the bit service is almost like a sin. You get to choose your brushes and paints without actually having to buy a whole set of them, but when it comes to miniatures they want you to buy a whole regiment/blister for a single piece of plastic/metal. Thankfully some companies have started vending single parts, but in the end they end up buying the whole boxes in the first place, which will ultimately leave some parts unused. At least with the old mail order you knew that wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 8:30

Kaptain Dedgob wrote:
but in the end they end up buying the whole boxes in the first place, which will ultimately leave some parts unused. At least with the old mail order you knew that wouldn't happen.
It kind-of did though, but GW had to take the hit of the left-overs instead of the re-sellers.
Rolling Eyes
I use bitz-reseller all the time and I regularly trawl through their "discount" sections to see what I can get for a few pence!
lol!

Back on topic:
The one thing I was impressed with about the Clanrats box is that the 20 one-piece bodies are all different, so the conversion possibilities may have been reduced but the variety on troopers in a unit isn't hit too hard. Still sucks for Mordheim Skaven though!
scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next