Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc

Go down 
+4
DeafNala
Myntokk
lord siwoc
Da Bank
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Empty
PostSubject: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 15:06

mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur40
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur39
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur38
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur37
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur36
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur35

I noticed I put some of my unfinished Brets who are really Marienburgers on my other thread in the gallery but that area is for finished models.

My intent is to use these models for Mordheim, Bretonnian models that are really Marienburgers and to use them as IG for Death Squads.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 15:54

Looking pretty nice.

However, Mordheim is square bases. Weird as it is, seeing it is a skirmish game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 16:34

Remember they will be used for both Mordheim and Death Squads (40K) and i will not be changing bases back and forth.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 16:37

mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur45
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur44
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur43
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur42
mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Pictur41
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:14

I like the use of guns on imperial guards.

Gives them a mideval feel to a futuristic game without looking like backwater barbarians.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:44

I read Brothers of the Snake (40K novel) and the 1st story involves a SM assisting a human world that was still in the medievel time period but also had some futuristic things also.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 18:25

Ah offcourse!! I have that novel as well. Thinking back on it... you have nailed it!

Solid slug rifles. Not much in the way of las or plasma.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 19:14

Very cool looking models. The weapon style fits well with the gothic nature of the 40k designs, and these guys look great for IG from a less sophisticated world (at least, technologically speaking).

EDIT: the first guy toting the pistols looks very much the part of a bounty hunter. Not specifically the hired sword, but just in a more general sense. Not sure if that was your intention, but that's kind of the impression I get form him. Very cool indeed.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 21:03

@Lord...Cool, you read the book two. It is one of my favorites.

@Myntokk....Didn't think about it but yes, it would be a cool Bounty Hunter type.

This reminds me in a weird sense of the way that Steam Punk stuff, they are supposed to be advanced but lack it in many other ways.

Deafnala had noted on another thread that Dave Andrews did an IG conversion from Men-at-Arms in a White Dwarf and I am sure this is playing into part of what I remember seeing. I wish I knew the issue number as I am sure I have it but would love to see how he did is.

Something I noticed is that GW does NOT do a good job with creating cool LEFT hand options.

Thanks for the comments as my cutting sucks and I file a lot to smooth out my horrendous cuts and my glue is sooooo old that it is globby and I have to use a paint brush to smooth it out (it is really more like honey). LOL. I need to break down and buy a new bottle of super glue.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 21:24

I actually have some of those bretonnians with lasguns. That is mostly what it is. Just arm swaps. Body and head still bret!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 21:28

What color did you paint them?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 21:59

@Da Bank: That's Dave Taylor; Dave Andrews is GW's VERY TALENTED Scenery Guru. I'll see if I can dig out the WD that feature his WWI IG.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 23:07

LOL, I was close. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ebon_tower
Hero
Hero
ebon_tower

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 7:19

lord siwoc wrote:
Looking pretty nice.

However, Mordheim is square bases. Weird as it is, seeing it is a skirmish game.

See, I put all of mine on round bases for exactly that reason - It's a skirmish game, and there's no logical reason to have square bases except that it's parent game, WHFB, uses them to keep troops neatly rank-and-file.

It works out better and looks cleaner with round bases, imho.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 10:45

I like the idea a lot, but where did you find the backpacks ? Are they from 40k ? mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 12:59

@Lanyssa: The backpacks are from Forgeworld Cadian veteran pack.

@Ebon. Thanks, my intent is to use them for Mordheim and 40K Death Squads. I like round bases a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 17:31

The WD in question is issue 300, which has the White Dwarf on the cover, and the Bretonnian IG conversions are on page 152 (bottom, "Genswick 33rd Kill Team") among a myriad of other kill teams as a part of a kill team showcase. They look really cool! They're the first thing I thought of when I saw your figs.

In those conversions, Dave Taylor appears to have used a lot of older Orky shootas to achieve a bit of the ragged feel for them, but I think traditional las weapons would work fine too. Additionally, they use various WH Fantasy melee weapons, including a chaos pick/mace.

Last edited by Myntokk on Mon 26 Oct 2009 - 20:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was tired the first go 'round, "kill time" instead of "kill team"?)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 19:37

@Myntokk...Thanks a lot. I will go looking for this issue.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 15:04

There ARE times being a Bloody Minded Old Coot has its drawbacks...hard to believe but true mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Suspect . When I checked WD300, it had Dave Taylor's Preheresy Space Marines...SO I went looking. An hour or so later...VIOLA! The article is in WD293 pg. 110 "Dave Taylor's Imperial Guard 33rd Genswick Rifles". NOW THEN about THAT cookie. mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc 73199
Back to top Go down
Ghod
Hero
Hero
Ghod

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 17:29

Dave Taylor has a blog:

http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/

I'm not 100% sure but I think there are some photos of his Genswick Rifles on there.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 18:37

Thanks, I will check it out. I can't find my WD 300 but it is somewhere in my house. LOL>
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:30

Hay Bank! Hummmmm.... a good idea but do you swap there guns when you play DeathSquads?? Oh and me and my buddy are avid book readers and we think Brothers of the Snake sucked! Just what we think.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 12:52

@DWI....arrgh! You didn't like it? No worries, LOL. I don't like all the GW novels either. I tried reading the one about the fighter pilot one and I couldn't finish the book.

I don't plan on switching out the gun they will be representing Lasguns and or autoguns.

The one with the hochland long rifle will be a "sniper" for DS.

I have three more models and I will post the pics in the near future.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 13:12

The Empire Hand Guns give them a look akin to the Vostroyan Guys. Which reminds me Koyote has a bunch of IG fo sale in the Trading Pit including some Vostroyans...I promise I won't tell The Woman if you crack. mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Suspect
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 16:28

Finally found them.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y6W7acufmFE/SaLEU8l_hJI/AAAAAAAAANc/366SOuH8uPc/s1600-h/Genswick33_1.jpg

I never realized he used the entire Men-at-Arms body. I though it was just the head.

Anyway, I will keep with what I am doing and just use the helmets as someone else is doing something similiar as Dave but is creating a more WWI feel.

@Deaf...you are right don't tell the misses as she thinks I have enough stuff already. LOL. She is actually great when I want to get something.

@DWI...there are still planets out in the imperium that do not have the updated tech as others or use it but still have the "old" feel or look to them. Great question though. thanks for the look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc   mordheim - Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting Brets for Mordheim and Etc
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next