Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Crossbow pistols and hatred

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Empty
PostSubject: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 12:17

Probably, this is an obvious question. But just in case it isn't:

Can I reroll to hit with my crossbow pistol in the first round of combat against a hated enemy?
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 12:21

We play you can't 'cause it's a "shot" and not a HtoH attack, but you can with normal pistols or dual pistols as their rules say they add a HtoH attack pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 12:22

Going by the strict letter of the rules I would say yes. The rules for Hatred do say "any misses in the first round", not just those made using WS. The crossbow pistol rules say they are used in the first round of H-to-H, they just use a different mechanic to hit.

Whether this was intended or not is another matter but that is not really my place to judge.
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 14:27

So by the rules, you can re-roll?

I still think the pistol/crossbow pistol disconnect is very strange game design. Why do they use entirely different methods of representing the same action?
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 15:50

I think they operate so differently because the deisgners viewed it as an assassination tool. Concealed until the last moment and silent.

Thing is, you could also conceal a pistol (heroic scale doesn't help that argument though pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_razz ) so it probably should follow the same system as crossbow pistols.

I think if I ever do a Witch Hunter warband, I'm going to arm my captain with a brace of crossbow pistols for fun. Ludicrously expensive but the model would look cool.
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 16:12

catferret wrote:
I think they operate so differently because the deisgners viewed it as an assassination tool. Concealed until the last moment and silent.

It could be that, I suppose. Or maybe they just didn't really think about it - the pistol rules came in from warhammer, and the crossbow pistol was new. It might not have occurred to anyone to have them work the same way.

catferret wrote:
I think if I ever do a Witch Hunter warband, I'm going to arm my captain with a brace of crossbow pistols for fun.

Better just get one until he has the pistoleer skill though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossbow pistols and hatred   pistols - Crossbow pistols and hatred Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossbow pistols and hatred
Page 1 of 1