Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fungomungus
General
General

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves Empty
PostSubject: Fungo's Chaos Dwarves   Fungo's Chaos Dwarves Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2009 - 3:05

Well since everyone else was doin it, I started making some of these evilishly cute bastardos

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010265

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010266

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010267

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010268

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010262
Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010264
Fungo's Chaos Dwarves P1010263

Im having fun making these guys. I bought my buddies minis, which were BFSP, and have them for dwarfs, but since the Sup came out I made some Chaos dwarfs. I have some work to do still, clean up the gs, add some gs, and them base. I have a lot of greenskins lying around (I was goin to make a horde for Warhammer), so I made them my sneaks!

CC welcome, Im a novice still, so be kind.

-Fungo
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Fungo's Chaos Dwarves   Fungo's Chaos Dwarves Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2009 - 18:26

Wow, kudos for taking on such a tough modelling project. I think your greenstuffing looks pretty good for a novice, better than mine anyways.

I'd say you need to do a little work on faces, which is probably one of the hardest things to sculpt so don't feel bad or expect yourself to improve overnight or anything. Some of them look really good (the three dwarfs on top, the orc sneak, in particular), whereas others look a little more "blobby." I think I would try to set one or two facemask styles that you're going for, and repeat those several times to get the hang of them.

I've seen the method that you're using on your beards implemented on other chaos dwarf conversions and it seems to turn out pretty well, so nice work there.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Fungo's Chaos Dwarves   Fungo's Chaos Dwarves Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2009 - 18:47

You've pick yourself ONE UBERDIFFICULT project to tackle...may as well jump in at the deep end, eh?! The Goblin coversions look REALLY good, SO...you might just pull it off AND I hope you do. For some ideas about how to go about it & the different stages in GSing check out blitz_krieg_bob's work: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/painting-and-modelling-f3/bob-s-self-sculpted-minis-check-this-out-t1299.htm . GOOD LUCK, Amigo! Fungo's Chaos Dwarves 544694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fungo's Chaos Dwarves   Fungo's Chaos Dwarves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fungo's Chaos Dwarves
Page 1 of 1