Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Toemasss' Marauder.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toemasss
Captain
Captain
toemasss

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Toemasss' Marauder. Empty
PostSubject: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 16:16

Greetings all. I finally got around to painting my first mini in too long and as we are all gamers and are drawn to the warm shine of pictures I thought why not share a few.

Toemasss' Marauder. 100_0579

Toemasss' Marauder. 100_0581

Toemasss' Marauder. 100_0582

Not exactly finished, still need to touch up the horses mouth and flock up the base but I am happy with the initial result.
Critiques are welcome. ^_^
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 19:02

Sometimes a break from minis is just the thing necessary to reach a new level. The Chaos Guy is coming along quite nicely. The metallic work on the barding is a refreshing change from more usual black. Looking VERY GOOD thus far; keep up the FINE WORK! Toemasss' Marauder. 544694
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 20:34

I like the sickening green colour of the Chaos warrior, guess it does not only work on the undead Smile .
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 22:01

Looking good, I take it from the green-ness he's a Nurgle devotee? This guy is a very cool mini, I gotta get me a set of those chaos knights...
Back to top Go down
toemasss
Captain
Captain
toemasss

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 2:36

Thanks for the support guys and yes I would be a follower of the great unclean one.

This one is still a work in progress but so far I am not that happy with it, it just seems a bit bland so far but theres still a fair amount of detail i can put into it.

Toemasss' Marauder. 100_0587

Toemasss' Marauder. 100_0588

Toemasss' Marauder. 100_0589

Also does anyone have any good way to paint horse skin? Because so far I've only been doing a brown colour, high lighting with a lighter colour then a blackish wash and its getting a bit bland > . <
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 3:06

Wellsir, I think he looks just fine so far (although the armor looks like a departure from his brother-in-arms).

I think for Nurgle one of the best looks is to have the skin in fairly light colors (on anything, daemons/warriors/beastmen/steeds whatever), so that you get a contrast bettween the dark, brooding armor and weapons and the pale, sickly characters themselves. I think that a pallete of pale fleshtones, pale/light greens, and a bit of grey would work well. Look at the Warhammer Nurgle Lord for an idea of what I mean.

If that's not your cup of tea, then I'd say you can never go wrong with bick black horses for the forces of chaos, no matter who your guys worship.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 14:32

How a WHITE horse? I mean... that would contrast the knight and the irony is undeniable! Razz

So far, your WiP is VERY nice. Keep it up man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 15:02

On the horse: after the wash, go back & highlight again; real horses have a sheen to them. For added color you could do white or dark fetlocks/stockings & do the mane & tail in a darker or lighter color than the body. The hooves could be done in a light brown/bone or black or striped.

You've got an EXCELLENT feel for a Nurglely Knight. VERY NICELY DONE! Toemasss' Marauder. 544694
The White Horse ISN'T a bad idea: "Behold the Pale Rider cometh"...referring to Death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toemasss' Marauder.   Toemasss' Marauder. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toemasss' Marauder.
Page 1 of 1