Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Knights of La Mancha

Go down 
+13
dwi
Johann Cocaine
Von Kurst
Trulsa
Gobbo Freak
Paluke
Mordheimer
Yitu
Kaptain Dedgob
DeafNala
Citizen Sade
Myntokk
Koyote
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009 - 23:33

Progress on my windmill. Smile

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill1a

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill2a

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill3a
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 8:18

The Knights of La Mancha scored a HUGE victory tonight against a nigh unstoppable Skaven warband. It is the seventh week of an eight week campaign, and up until tonight the rats had lost only a single game. Consequently, in the weeks preceding, the vermin menace had grown into a huge, seething mass of fur and destruction that had contemptuously crushed every warband that stood against it. That ended tonight. With a combination of deadly accurate missile fire (including a fire bomb) and a well timed counter attack, half of the 20 or so Skaven were taken out of action before the death of their leader utterly crushed their spirits and sent them scampering back down the dark hole from whence they came.

Also, thanks to a sequence of rolls in the campaign phase the resulted in Prisoners and The Lad's Got Talent, the Knights enjoyed the homecoming of a lost son of Estalia. It was presumed that Squire Sancho had been slain in an earlier skirmish with these very same Skaven (see earlier post, Oct 7), but after tonight's battle the indomitable armiger was discovered, alive and well, along with a dozen or so other prisoners left behind by the routing Skaven.

The Skaven warband that had sat comfortably on a warband rating of almost 400, limped away from the table with a rating of barely 300.

HURRAY FOR THE KNIGHTS OF LA MANCHA! HURRAY FOR SONS OF ESTALIA! Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Smiley_knight

Last edited by Koyote on Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 16:05; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 8:24

CONGRATULATIONS on your STUNNING VICTORY over the Forces of Rattiness & Poor Hygene!...the Windmill is LOOKING GOOD too! Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 21:59

A Halloween afternoon well-spent. No law books, no memos, no worries; only The Kinks, my windmill project, and plenty of Red Bull. Life is good. Smile

Progress...

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill1b

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill2b

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill3b

Come dancing,
Come on sister, have yourself a ball.
Don't be afraid to come dancing,
It's only natural...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 22:21

Great Work!

I love the models and the windmill.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 8:44

FUNNY...I thought you'd be listening to The Man from La Mancha. The Wind Mill is turning out TERRIFIC. Keep plugging! Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 11:04

You have made it look great!

I especially love that it looks as if an meteor part has gone through one side and out on the other side!

Good Job!!!

May the mighty power of Red Bull follow you!!! :magister:
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 19:38

Aside from texturing the base and adding some barrels, crates, and maybe a giant rat, the windmill is built. Smile

Originally I had intended for the interior of the windmill to be impassible, so didn't cut out the doorways or windows. In accordance with this plan, the ruined corner section on the ground floor was going to be blocked floor to ceiling with rubble. Now I've changed my mind and I wish I hadn't glued to ground floor to the base. Looks like I need to get my hands on a saw or dremel. Sad

The second floor, including the octagonal deck has not been glued to the ground floor so it can be removed and models can be positioned inside the ground floor level.

Before:

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill1

After:

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill4g

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill4f

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill4d

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill4e

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill4a

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmill4b
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 20:13

Here is a group shot of the Knights of La Mancha, minus the Roadwarden Konrad Huss, who was slain by a Norse Wulfen Friday night.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Windmillwarband
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 19:15

Good backgroun, good models, good scenery.

What else can I say?

... Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_cool

Oh yeah! When are you gonna paint them? Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Suspect

Great work man, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 20:35

ANOTHER dead Hired Sword...you're getting a bad reputation at the Mordheim Brotherhood of Thugs, Cutthroats, & Mercenaries Local 666. Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Suspect
The Windmill is coming along VERY NICELY...AND the Gentlemen of La Mancha are going to be SPECTACULAR once they're LOVINGLY painted. Keep up the GREAT WORK! Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 1:14

You did some great converting work on the models.

What did you use to cut the arms and etc without mutilating them?
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 1:32

Da Bank wrote:
You did some great converting work on the models.

What did you use to cut the arms and etc without mutilating them?
Are you talking about the arms I attached to the Bretonnian Men-at-arms bodies?
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 23:39

The Knights of La Mancha engaged in only a single skirmish Friday. Their opponent victim was a Norse warband. In an 8 turn Occupy mission, the Estalians obliterated the Northmen, taking every single model out of action, including the one warrior that has been a thorn in the Knights' side the entire campaign -the Norse Shaman Bikkja the Hag. The she-devil was felled on Turn 7 by a crossbow bolt.

Ironically, during the campaign phase that followed my warband located two hired swords (in this campaign the number and type of hired swords located is determined randomly) and one of those happened to be a Norse Shaman. Even stranger, when I rolled for my Shaman's spells I rolled the same two spells that Bikkja possessed -Elvek's Cold Spear and Kiss of Frost. Consequently, I have decided that Bikkja has abandoned the Norse and joined the Estalians. Bikkja may be an old crone, but she's no dummy. I am even going to represent her with the same type of model the Norse player used, the Mordheim Witch.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Witch

Next week, on Friday the 13th, the top four scoring players in the campaign will play a single 4-way battle to determine the campaign's overall winner. It will be a straight up skirmish with no special rules besides the Random Happenings. And with 4 players rolling for Random Happenings each turn (one in six chance per player turn, but we place no limit on the maximum number of Happenings per game), there is bound to be plenty of Mordheim craziness to contend with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009 - 23:08

The campaign is over and the Knights of La Mancha are victorious!

Essentially, the 4-way match devolved into two separate skirmishes pitting the Dwarves against the Skaven and the Estalians against the Carnival of Chaos. The Skaven defeated the Dwarves, but it was a Pyrrhic victory for the ratmen. The turn after the Dwarves routed, the Skaven fled as well. Meanwhile the fight between the Estalians and the Carnival was a hard fought and bloody affair with both sides refusing to rout. The battle only ended with the utter annihilation of the entire Carnival warband. At battle's end he Estalians suffered 9 warriors taken out of action, including poor Squire Sancho, but NOT Sir Alonso Quixano de La Mancha. The intrepid knight errant ended the campaign the same way he began it, on his feet and fighting.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009 - 23:20

CONGRATULATIONS...a Victory worthy of a song! WELL DONE! Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009 - 8:05

Huzzah!!! That is the way to do it!

But poor squire Sancho RIP, or not It is aliiiive!

Would it not be awful if you started an undead warband with the former comrades of the brave Sir de la Mancha? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009 - 10:14

No Time wrote:
Huzzah!!! That is the way to do it!

But poor squire Sancho RIP, or not Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 965515

Would it not be awful if you started an undead warband with the former comrades of the brave Sir de la Mancha? Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_twisted

COOL IDEA! If he's true to the Quixote image, he won't even notice the deteriorating condition of his comrades...aside from the aroma & the odd bit falling off now & again. Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Suspect Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009 - 10:37

Hehe that could actually work quite nicely.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knights of La Mancha
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3