Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Knights of La Mancha

Go down 
+13
dwi
Johann Cocaine
Von Kurst
Trulsa
Gobbo Freak
Paluke
Mordheimer
Yitu
Kaptain Dedgob
DeafNala
Citizen Sade
Myntokk
Koyote
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2009 - 15:21

Kaptain Dedgob wrote:
Remember kids - safety first!
lol!

The objectives are REALLY cool! I'm for cool, practical and original markers all the way. Yours could be used as terrain to create atmosphere... the perfect sign of a good marker! Smile I was really impressed with the Vulture one. It is nice that it was not in the classic 'eating a corpse' pose, but rather curiously close to some shards. I can see it peeking at one and then eating it... the horror!

The Keg one does not do it for me... I guess something is missing, but don't know what. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for it and make it great.

Please keep us posted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2009 - 19:35

Our campaign incorporates the rules for Random Happenings. Consequently, another side project I am working on is to supply a model for each possible 'happening.' And while most are rather mundane (e.g. the metal Matriarch with whip to represent Last One Standing), others are a bit more fun. Such as this little fellow. He is used for the Itsy-Bitsy Spider random happening.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Itsy1

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Itsy2

This last pic represents the spider's final position on the base.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Itsy4

I didn't want to spring for the actual Gigantic Spider model, so I used the smaller plastic goblin spider rider mount. To make up for its smaller size I modeled the spider to appear more imposing by elevating it and giving it a victim to munch on. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2009 - 23:23

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Fantasy%20Terrain%20Chaos%20Tree%201

I wanted to do that as well, make a representation of each random event, but I never got to it. The Spider looks great!!! Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 544694 .

Micro Art Studio has this Chaos Tree (pic) that might be a nice one for one of the Random events as well Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_idea
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 0:32

Woot Shocked That spider was really really cool!!! I really love it Smile
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 2:49

Gobbo Freak wrote:
Micro Art Studio has this Chaos Tree (pic) that might be a nice one for one of the Random events as well
That is most certainly a sinister tree indeed. My idea for the Man Eater and Forbidden Fruit 'happenings' is to use one of the the plastic Citadel Wood trees and sculpt a scary face onto it using some green stuff.

While we are on the topic of big scary things, here is a model that we are using for our modified Monster Hunt scenario. It began its life as a Vargulf, but it is now a Mordheim Balewolf (i.e. Thing in the Woods).

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Varghulf1

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Varghulf4

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Varghulf2

GW's 'Thing in the Woods'

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 M1252233_99111199020_MordThingMain_445x319

Last edited by Koyote on Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 19:10; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 5:17

The Beowolf is a great idea and well executed, too. Hmmm I've been thinking about a Rat Ogre box...
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 6:00

Nice Balewolf! Looks way better than my conversions, I may have to follow your lead and whip up a few!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 10:17

Beyond adding some extra excitement to an ALREADY exciting game, the Random Happenings ARE a gift to the Guys that are more modelers/painters than PURE gamers. The Spider is REALLY cool; I hadn't realized GW's spiders were THAT nice. The Bane Wolf ABSOLUTELY ROCKS. The GW Thing in the Woods is a Brotherhood of the Wolf rip off; yours is a REALLY horrendously wicked Werewolf. VERY NICE WORK! Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 544694

I've got some scenic pieces here: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-f13/random-thingys-for-the-montana-kid-t778.htm that might give you somemore ideas...or not. Feel free to borrow anything that strikes your fancy.

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 14:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johann Cocaine
Veteran
Veteran
Johann Cocaine

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 11:18

Koyote wrote:
I put together some proper wyrdstone counters for my campaign. I borrowed the idea to use certain bits from 2 WIP pics I saw on this forum. I want to thank that member for the inspiration.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Sancho-panza-renfe1Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Wyrdstone

You're Welcome! Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 544694 Love that one with the died skeleton warrior.You have a very original warband, inspired in one of the best books of all time, very nice idea.I suggest you to make Sancho Panza a greenstuff hat, because in every ilustration of him he's wearing a hat like this: http://lamanchavirtual.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sancho-panza-renfe1.jpg I think this could make him more suitable in the warband idea. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_study
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 1:49

Johann Cocaine wrote:
...You have a very original warband, inspired in one of the best books of all time, very nice idea.I suggest you to make Sancho Panza a greenstuff hat, because in every ilustration of him he's wearing a hat like this: http://lamanchavirtual.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sancho-panza-renfe1.jpg I think this could make him more suitable in the warband idea.
A new look for this model is probably a good idea. Last Friday night poor Squire Sancho was skewered upon a Skaven spear and then sold to the pits where he was mercilessly bludgeoned to death by a pit fighter. Consequently, Sir Alonso Quixano was required to recruit a new squire; Squire Panza. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_smile

So what do you think of the new hat? I took it from the Empire Militia sprue.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Panza1

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Panza2

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Panza3

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Panza4

It's a bit smaller than the hat in the illustration you provided me. It kind of makes him look like a fat pirate. Painting the hat brown rather than black may make a difference.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Sancho-panza-renfe1
Back to top Go down
Johann Cocaine
Veteran
Veteran
Johann Cocaine

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 12:00

Very clever idea.I think you make him more "Panzistic".I can't wait to see him painted.Very nice Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_cheers .R.I.P. Squire Sancho.We all miss you. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 40268
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 12:30

The Good if somewhat portly Squire is a FINE bit of kit bashing. All the paraphenalia...LOVE the dead rabbit...REALLY add to the mini's personality. AND the hat is tres chic. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 14:04

I like the hat because it fights the model's monkishness. The addition of the bits is very nice as well. The dead rabbit is the best.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 16:37

YOUR 'Things of the Woods' is what GW tried to do... but failed! GREAT WORK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:32

I put the windmill together per the instructions (minus the guard rails), in order to gauge scale and to help me brainstorm ideas for converting it.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Windmill3

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Windmill1

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Windmill2

The scale is good, but I don't know if it will be practical to model the windmill in such a way as to allow models inside the building. The tight fit seems to me like a recipe for disaster. Instead I may just model it as an enclosed building.

The guardrails must go as will the part of the posts that extend above the second level catwalk. Otherwise, it will be impossible to fit models with a 25mm base on the second level.

The counter balance will probably go as well. It looks cool, but it's too vulnerable to damage by clumsy gamers.

I can probably break open the conical portion of the upper portion of the windmill on two sides to allow models access and a place to hide. I may even build a third floor inside of it.

I need to put siding and shingles on the lower building.
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 0:48

Holy crap man! Good stuf! Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 21:45

Koyote, how did you convert the monkey, exchanging the barrel for the skull?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 22:19

For some VERY COOL ideas about what can be done with the Windmill, check out quidamcorvus' take on that VERY SAME model: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/miniatures-f2/gallery-by-qc-t1097-75.htm . A bit of inspiration IS ALWAYS a handy thing to have. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 22:44

No Time wrote:
Koyote, how did you convert the monkey, exchanging the barrel for the skull?
It was very simple. I used a pin vice to drill a hole through the center of the barrel. Then, starting from that hole and working my way out, I carefully carved the rest of the barrel away with a very sharp xacto blade. As I removed the barrel, I was mindful not to carve too much off the inside of the monkey's arm, so that I could shape the arm correctly. Once the barrel was removed, I inserted a skull from the new VC skeleton plastic kit into the hole. Originally the skull was a little to big, so I shaved down the diameter of cranium with my xacto blade in order to make it fit.
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 22:50

Thanks! Now to go and get my good old trusty drill geek
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 22:54

Where did you get the dead rabbit??
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 23:46

Trulsa wrote:
Where did you get the dead rabbit??
The rabbit comes from the Bretonnian Men-At-Arms sprue. This is a wonderful sprue for odd bits. It includes not only the rabbit, but a rat & turnip, a giant snail, a couple of dead birds, a flask, a glove, and a number of pouches and small weapons. Also included in this sprue are two drumsticks that end in small frog figures. I used one of the frogs to make this model.

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Froghand

If one of my heroes suffers a leg injury (i.e. -1 movement), I am going to represent the wound by putting the snail on his base. Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 0:07

that is really nice Smile Can you buy that sprue separately or do you have to buy a lot of models to??
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 0:28

Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 7:58

Sir Alonso Quixano has sacked the Tilean Marksman, Nicolo da Lucca, for gross incompetence and annoying gesticulations. In the Tilean's place, Quixano has employed the Roadwarden, Konrad Huss. May this hired sword prove more lethal than the last.

Neither the mounted nor the infantry Roadwarden models are stellar sculpts. Between the two, I much prefer the infantry model...

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 M1251158_99061102049_MordRoadwardenMain_445x319
Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 M1251158_99061102049_MordRoadwardenMain_445x319
...However, for the purposes of game play I need both models, so I did a little kit bashing to make the mounted model a bit more interesting. BTW, I replaced the head of of the horsehammer carried by infantry model with the same hammer head I used for the cavalry model. Details. Smile

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Rw1

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Rw2

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Rw3

Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Rw4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knights of La Mancha   Knights of La Mancha - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knights of La Mancha
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next