Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Black Blood and Magic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

Trading Reputation : 0

Magic - Black Blood and Magic Empty
PostSubject: Black Blood and Magic   Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009 - 18:29

My Warrior Priest casts Soulfire. It manages to wound a Possessed model while that model is in close combat. Does the magic trigger the Black Blood mutation?

Here's the relevant rule: "If the model loses a wound in close combat, anyone in base contact with the model suffers a Strength 3 hit (no critical hits) from the spurting corrosive blood."
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Black Blood and Magic   Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009 - 19:07

If you strictly follow the rules, I think the warrior priest must take a S3 hit, because he's in close combat with the Possessed, and the Possessed lost a wound in close combat, so...
But perhaps you can house-rule the warrior priest is safe... Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Black Blood and Magic   Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009 - 19:20

The real question is what "in close combat" means. Does it refer to the close combat phase (I hit you with my sword--oh noes! blood and pain!) or to being engaged period (eat magic evil-doer--on noes! you're bleeding on my friends!) ?

(For the purpose of my example, the warrior priest wasn't actually in the combat.)
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Black Blood and Magic   Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009 - 20:08

DRD1812 wrote:
The real question is what "in close combat" means. Does it refer to the close combat phase (I hit you with my sword--oh noes! blood and pain!) or to being engaged period (eat magic evil-doer--on noes! you're bleeding on my friends!) ?

(For the purpose of my example, the warrior priest wasn't actually in the combat.)

The second one, that's why I answered that Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_smile In close combat means "engaged in hand to hand combat", that makes sense Magic - Black Blood and Magic 544694
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Black Blood and Magic   Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009 - 20:11

A valid interpretation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Blood and Magic   Magic - Black Blood and Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Blood and Magic
Page 1 of 1