Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013 - 4:00

Boreas_NL wrote:

I have this very tasty, special, limited edition WARHAMMER COOKIE for the first person who can tell me where I got the axe blade from...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Cookie-that-refuses-to-crumble
I swear it's not poisoned...

The weapons rack from the old Hero Quest dungeon crawl game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013 - 20:10

HornedRat wrote:
Boreas_NL wrote:

I have this very tasty, special, limited edition WARHAMMER COOKIE for the first person who can tell me where I got the axe blade from...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Cookie-that-refuses-to-crumble
I swear it's not poisoned...

The weapons rack from the old Hero Quest dungeon crawl game?
Well done! I had that box since I was twelve (or something close to that). The rack was already damaged, even so, it hurt to cut it up... Enjoy your cookie Very Happy

I've got a small update for you...

I have completed some more Halberdiers, bringing the total to 30! Just 10 more to complete the horde...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2827

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2828
Coming along nicely... As you can see the last ten Halberdiers don't have heads yet. I didn't want to use all the same heads from the Greatsword kit (I am quite selective about which heads I wanted to use for this particular unit) so I went in search of some more State Trooper heads with floppy hats to add some more variety. You have got to love bits stores!

Still looking to get my hands on more Voland's Venators, let me know if you would be willing to trade/sell any...
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013 - 20:55

Quote :
I have completed some more Halberdiers, bringing the total to 30! Just 10 more to complete the horde...
The exact reason why I pretty much quit WHFB and enjoy Mortheim SO much. Your stamina earns my respect, but after the fifth or so halberdier I'd ask myself: "Why are you doing this to you? It is your spare time, shouldn't you do something FUN? They are going to rum off the field all the time anyways...!
But hey, KEEP IT UP! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013 - 21:21

Grimscull wrote:
Quote :
The exact reason why I pretty much quit WHFB and enjoy Mortheim SO much. Your stamina earns my respect, but after the fifth or so halberdier I'd ask myself: "Why are you doing this to you? It is your spare time, shouldn't you do something FUN? They are going to rum off the field all the time anyways...!
But hey, KEEP IT UP! Exclamation
You do have a point, but I like playing with big units! I love the might of massed Imperial infantry! Sure, those Halberdiers will die to a man, or run away, but they instill fear into the hearts of my opponents (or at least I hope they do)...

I love playing Mordheim, building a small warband with individual models, but I also love playing large scale battles, and for those you need big units...
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013 - 1:43

I agree with Grimscull; I would lose my will to live (actually, I am already, given my grotesque backlog).
On the other hand, if you love this, then I can't imagine another way of spending your hobby time. Smile

By the way, Grimscull, whatever happened to this thread? Wink

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5373p50-there-is-an-army-in-here-somewhere

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 21:36

Losing the will to live? Ouch! I love the feel of big armies, and the current rules just enhance this...

Anyway, I have a new update for you!

You know how it's said that all good things come in threes?

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2832
They are right! I have my three hordes of Halberdiers here... All three hordes have their own Character support (a Captain and Warrior Priest). The latest horde still needs about half their heads (still waiting for the bits to arrive).

And what's more...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2833
Three new Helblasters (well, two new ones, the third needed to be patched up after taking a dive off the table)... See, they were right again! I hear you ask: "Why, by Sigmar's hairy crown jewels, do you need THREE Helblasters?"

That's the wrong question entirely!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2834
It should be: "Why don't you have FOUR Helblasters?" Rest assured, I do:angel: You see, some good things come in threes, others work better in fours:D And yes, I do have the crew and plenty of Engineers to go with these beauties...

I also got my hands on two very, very nice classic models (does a little happy-dance)...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2836
A Dwarf, clad in Imperial styled armor and obviously weary from the road... Most likely he will get a new weapon, probably a halberd. He would make an awesome character for a role-play game! This model will be very cool to paint...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2837
Another Halfling... This model is from the mid-eighties and depicts a Halfling serving maid/wench. She isn't pretty, but the model is just awesome!

Both are perfect for my Free Company! The Halfling might even be turned into a unit-filler for the unit... I can already imagine a little impromptu field-tavern!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 22:05

Wow both for the cutyness of the two latest entries to your collection and the epicness of your hordes and hellblaster-battery. BUT (and I know you are using your bases for years now on hundreds of your minis but it just strikes me when seeing all these halberdiers from above): do you really think plaster is the right basedesign for such a massive army? It certainly looks good on a warband roaming a city, but I cannot see so many soldiers standing on copplestone but during a parade in the townsquare. Shouldn't they be marching on something like a battlefield?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 22:56

Boy do I have halfling envy. Didn't even know the little wench existed before today... Good find!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2013 - 17:02

Thanks guys!

I've got a well-stacked update for you...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2838

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2839
I've repainted this Duellist/Captain to match my current paint-scheme...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2840

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2841
I've also finished one of my latest Captains... Lovely model to paint, nice and easy... Edit: Doh! Forgot to paint his neck...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2843

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2844
A couple of WIP shots of my mounted BSB... The last pic shows him together with the Standard Bearer of my Knights. As you can see, the banners go pretty well together...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2849

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2850

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2851
I believe I haven't showed you this one... He has been finished for a while now. I like the way he turned out...

Edit: I have got to start taking pics for a larger distance... That way you won't be able to see my mediocre painting...

And especially for all of you...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2845
All my painted Characters combined...

Thanks for watching! Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so, please, feel free to let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2013 - 21:30

Woot!  Thanks for livening up a slow Saturday. Very Happy

Really like the kneeling engineer/rifleman.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013 - 1:48

Lovely models, conversions, etc!

Great to see some colour on those models too! That's what really makes them come to life! Smile

Joao
Back to top Go down
theomar pius
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
theomar pius

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013 - 2:57

These are great, well painted. Those banners are massive! Are they like that from the kit or did you scratchbuild them?
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2013 - 22:53

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Update time!

For starters, FBI and me have decided to embark on a friendly painting challenge, a sort of contest if you will... We got inspired when restoring some of FBI's Dwarfs who recently had a gravity related incident (I dropped a box of them on the floor) and we noticed he had a couple of classic Dwarf gunners that I also have in my collection. We decided to pick one and paint him up for you to judge the results...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2852
The classic Dwarf gunner... I have a couple of these Imperial styled Dwarfs to form a small detachment. As you can see, FBI, the sneaky git, already got a head-start by starting painting...

I know I don't need another Engineer but after seeing a couple of Warmaster Helblasters on Ebay I suddenly got a spark of inspiration... I purchased two and the seller was nice enough to include a third one for free (which is awesome)! Yesterday the bits arrived and I immediately started the conversion I had in my head. With a little help from FBI (he usually gets the ideas I have and always manages to make them better) I came up with this fellow...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2853
An Engineer, busy assembling a model Helblaster... The model is still very much a WIP, most of the bits aren't glued down yet and the base still needs a lot of small clutter to liven it up a little...

A couple of detail shots...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2855

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2854

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2858

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2857

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2856
The Engineer is based on the new plastic Master Engineer (actually figured out that it was the perfect model while digging through my bits-box, called my favorite hobby shop and went there immediately, half an hour before closing time) with only a few alterations. The table and crates are both from a Hirst-Arts mould and the mini Helblasters are Warmaster models.

I want the model to tell a story: Imagine an Engineer, scholarly type, reluctantly attending his latest creation on the battlefield. Being quite uncomfortable... Also, being quite uncertain if his version of the machine will actually work... You can almost hear him muttering while putting together his scale-model. However, I am also still considering writing IKEA on the crate (hence the wrench in the Engineer's hand) and painting the book like it's an assembly manual:rolleyes:

I really like where this is going but I also value your input... Do you have any suggestions? How can I improve on the model?
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2013 - 23:08

He he he... That engineer assembling the prop is an instant classic! I love it! So much character!!!

Joao
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2013 - 23:14

That's a very creative and most of all very awesome piece!
Back to top Go down
monkeylite
Champion
Champion
monkeylite

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2013 - 23:40

Wow, that engineer guy is amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://tewblogger.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jul 2013 - 2:41

Quote :
He he he... That engineer assembling the prop is an instant classic!

+1. Great use of minis and imagination. thumbsup thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2013 - 21:38

Thanks guys, glad you like him!

I've added some more details to this little diorama... Mind you, I might call it a diorama but I am going to use it in my games, too. I have several Engineers that are based on a larger base than usual (a few are on a 40x40 mm base, one on a 25x50 mm base). Because Engineers are rarely used in a ranked unit (at least I rarely do so) this is hardly an issue. In games, measurements are taken from the Engineer himself rather than from the base's edge (so no unfair advantages there, I just want a cool looking model)...

First up is a shot of 'The Crown Jewel' to show the other occasion where I used the new plastic Master Engineer...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2105
Here I used the model as it came from the blister, without any alterations... With a simple head-swap and being partly hidden behind a big desk he should look like a completely different model.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2859

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2860

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2861

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2862

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2863

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2864
I've added a couple of Helblaster bits to further enhance his ties to the warmachine. I also put a lot more small items on the base and table to give the diorama a crowded and 'alive' feel... I hope it gives the impression of a busy, and slightly chaotic, work station. I am still searching my bitsbox for a beer bottle, no Stirlander should face battle whilst sober...

The model is still WIP, none of the details have been glued into place yet. However, the base is getting crowded (which is a good thing) and I am quite happy with how the model is right now... Apart from moving some stuff around and adding some small bits to the Engineer himself I don't know what to change...

Please let me know what you think, I want to get this model coated and painted as soon as possible:)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013 - 7:58

Love the increased clutter. If you can find some more tools to scatter about that would just about do it. You gotta get out all your tools to work on any project, you know. Wink 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013 - 15:42

The Engineer & His Model is an OUTSTANDINGLY IMAGINATIVE piece. GREAT WORK! thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013 - 16:10

FANTASTIC!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013 - 19:21

Awesome job!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013 - 23:45

Terrific! Really, the whole scene is just perfect. A great idea and terrific execution, good job.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 20:13

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

I've got a small update to show you...

My vacation has started and I have spent a little time detailing the desk of my latest Engineer.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2865_zps4e53800e

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2867_zpsae7d10a2

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 DSCN2868_zps74318ae7
I have added a whole lot of smaller items to give the desk a cluttered feel... I added a pile of parchment, a scratch-built hammer and inkwell and some nuts and bolts... In the background you should be able to spot my crowbar. All of the smaller bits are still separate for ease of painting

I am very happy with the way he's turning out. I'll give him a few days and see if I get any more ideas and then undercoat him. As soon as the heat subsides I'll slap some paint on him!

On a completely unrelated note, I've undercoated two Wizards this afternoon:roll: 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2013 - 21:33

The added details & clutter just make the piece more interesting...& of course, more challenging to paint. SPLENDID MODELING!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 29 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next