HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 14:49

You managed to get some VERY COOL minis...the Mithril Miniatures in particular & some of the Ral Partha are old favorites. Have FUN painting! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 16:04

Whow, great pick dude!

the harp player is Mithril? - I need to get me that one! (play the harp myself, would be a nice touch)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 17:13

Great to see some things happening in this thread of yours!

And while at it, ive got to ask; These drunks around the table and the barmaids, witch company did them? And are they availible to buy?

(Im collecting figures for an diorama/scene witch takes place in a bar and they are like MADE for that plan!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 18:50

Aren't those figures from a lord of the rings series that was producted YEARS ago? I recognize a few of them. Very nice figures.

I surf the web a great deal at work...anyways I came across this WIP thread on a german siite I like to frequent.

You might find this Project of interest. he built a baloon for his airship. Looks pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pbase.com/therat
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 20:26

@HornedRat: the minis are from Mithril Miniatures: http://www.mithril.ie/ . They've been doing The Lord of the Rings since the late '70s; the minis match up with the artwork by the Bros. Hildebrandt, approved of Tolkien himself...cool, huh?! They come all cleaned & primer coated in gray. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 9:19

Thanks!

Some of those mini's (and the other bits too) are quite old. The guy I got them from had been collecting them for years and had a load of this stuff for sale. Most of them even have the original gray coating DeafNala mentioned...

Quote :
You might find this Project of interest. he built a baloon for his airship. Looks pretty nice.
Thanks! This is a very usefull link... Cool balloon and a very nice airship!

Quote :
Whow, great pick dude!

the harp player is Mithril? - I need to get me that one! (play the harp myself, would be a nice touch)
Make me an offer I can't refuse...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speckie
Captain
Captain
Speckie

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 10:16

Boreas_NL wrote:

Sexual favours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 11:07

I LOVE the Gunship, it reminds me of FF. And your house's are amazing!! I also like the llightning rod and mechanical Pegasus!

Keep up the Great work cant wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 11:18

Boreas_NL wrote:

hmmm lets see, Pizza and beers during the meeting were already planned... what to tip that off with.. hehe I'll give it some time - You'll herehear from me Wink

*say Mathieu, that wasn't that hard was it now Wink?
-Matt
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 12:04

I have a small update for you (and it's even terrain related)...

I started work on some simple wooden bridges to connect the buildings above street level.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0721

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0722

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0723
As you can see, this first bridge is (at best) very simple and modest. It's 20 cm (about 8 inches) long, wide enough to comfortably support a single large infantry base and will fit most of the gaps found on the board. Made from balsa wood it's sturdy yet wheighs absolutely nothing. Several more of these, as well as some longer and shorter ones will be made to create a complete network of walkway above the streets...

And that's not all...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0724

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0725
I also continued work on my latest building, adding the floor on the top level of the tower.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plague Docter
General
General
Plague Docter

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 15:27

*puts thief outfit on* If you hear some noises in the night dont worry its just me stealing your AWSOME terrian and have you got anything new for the airship? becasue the only thing stoping me from stealing that is that i want o see your updates.

Doc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 16:24

I LOVE watching your stuff evolve; re, you have such a unique building method, it's often difficult to figure out what the final piece will look like. A GREAT THREAD TO FOLLOW! thumbsup
The elevated walkways are TERRIFIC. I can sense forthcoming complex additions to each one of them. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 12:24

I love this thread! Its a shower of inspiration everytime i look at it! The best thing about it is even if it looks kinda chaotic when you show the wip it really fits together real good! Im stunned!

These new brigdes of yours do like a wee bit undamage for the moment if i may say so, not that i can do anything that good!

Please, just keep those pics coming!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 21:17

That does look like a solid walkway, I wouldn't worry about setting one of my figures on that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010 - 14:24

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Quote :
*puts thief outfit on* If you hear some noises in the night dont worry its just me stealing your AWSOME terrian and have you got anything new for the airship? becasue the only thing stoping me from stealing that is that i want o see your updates.

Doc
LOL... No updates on the airship, time is sparse at the moment and the Mordheim board has the strongest pull. The project is not forgotten though, and will get some sweet love as soon as I have some more inspiration (the Empire state troopers kind of bummed me out and my Empire vibe is somewhat lessened).

Quote :
I LOVE watching your stuff evolve; re, you have such a unique building method, it's often difficult to figure out what the final piece will look like. A GREAT THREAD TO FOLLOW!
The elevated walkways are TERRIFIC. I can sense forthcoming complex additions to each one of them.
Sometimes I even surprise myself, evolution is a funny thing!

Quote :
These new brigdes of yours do like a wee bit undamage for the moment if i may say so, not that i can do anything that good!

Quote :
That does look like a solid walkway, I wouldn't worry about setting one of my figures on that
Both replies can be answered in one go... As always, form follows funtion and playability comes first. They may look a bit too intact, but they fit the style of the rest of the board and most important, they are easy to use.

A tiny update!

I made some more bridges...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0727

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0728
The two pics above show the centre building functioning as a central hub for several bridges...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0729

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0730
This bridge is something of a gamble, but common sense never stopped me before, so I made it anyway... A whopping 45 cm (about 20 inches) in length it's quite long. I'm going to try it for a few games, if it doesn't work, I will cut it in half and make two seperate bridges.

There will be some more bridges, but for now you should get the picture. I want to add another layer to the board, and those bridges cut a fine figure...

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.

Last edited by Boreas_NL on Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 7:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grrrr...Stoopid typo's!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010 - 14:59

Well, as for my last comment, please dont mind my mindless rabblings.. Your work is worth its on weight in gold!

This is why there should be a Golden Demon for scenery!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narcissus
Knight
Knight
Narcissus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010 - 18:52

I really like all of your new bridges. I have been thinking about some ways to make walkways that fit in with the terrain. Maybe aquaducts, arches, scaffolding, etc. Sometimes the walkways look a bit artificial. This is a general musing, not a criticism.

You have inspired me to try making a building like this sometime. I like how open they are and how little they look like most buildings. They look very playable. I like the simplicity and sturdiness of your walkways on the outside of the buildings too.

Do you pin the beams or glue them in place? Do you use powertools at all? I am really impressed with your buildings.

Thanks for sharing! Inspirational!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 1:19

I'm afraid that long walkway is just pushing it a bit too much! hahha massive span, massive drop... you do not want to have your tin ogres on there, lest they fall straight through your table! Wink

I like walkways in general, but I myself prefer the scrapbuild pieces, where they used anything they could find to make sort of a bridge...
This looks a bit too professional/techy for mad men left in mordheim to build?

just my 2 cents though...
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 8:31

Thanks for all the feedback!

Quote :
Well, as for my last comment, please dont mind my mindless rabblings.. Your work is worth its on weight in gold!

This is why there should be a Golden Demon for scenery!
No problem! I do like feedback, some of my best ideas came from suggestions or critisism (= mindless ramblings) of our fellow forumites Laughing . If I do appear a bit ill tempered or sound a bit cranky, please remember English is not my native speach, and my knowledge is quite rudimentary, so most of the subtleties are lost on me... I mean well, but I manage to make it come out like crap Surprised

Quote :
I really like all of your new bridges. I have been thinking about some ways to make walkways that fit in with the terrain. Maybe aquaducts, arches, scaffolding, etc. Sometimes the walkways look a bit artificial. This is a general musing, not a criticism.

You have inspired me to try making a building like this sometime. I like how open they are and how little they look like most buildings. They look very playable. I like the simplicity and sturdiness of your walkways on the outside of the buildings too.

Do you pin the beams or glue them in place? Do you use powertools at all? I am really impressed with your buildings.

Thanks for sharing! Inspirational!
Thanks! I've thought about adding scaffolding and even an aquaduct, too! In stead of the scaffolding I opted to add more balconies to my buildings, which give the buildings some more possibilities... Playability has always been the first thing on my mind during construction of the board, even if it meant sacrificing some realism or details. For instance, I didn't include any stairs or chimneys in my buildings as they would likely hamper the ability to move around (big hands). Playability is also the main reason I didn't include any rubble on the board. Some of those decisions will probabely come back and haunt me when the board is finished Shocked

As for your questions... I use superglue (liquid nails) for most of the wood. This makes for a very sturdy construction as most pieces of wood are connected to at least a few others. super glue works surprisingly well as the wood absorbs most of the glue, making the connection even stronger... I only use pinning for very fragile parts. I don't use power tools, just a fine tooth modelling saw, mitre box, hobby knife and a GW drill set when I want to pin things... It's oddly relaxing to spend the evening or afternoon attacking a pile of wood with some tools and glue.

Quote :
I'm afraid that long walkway is just pushing it a bit too much! hahha massive span, massive drop... you do not want to have your tin ogres on there, lest they fall straight through your table!

I like walkways in general, but I myself prefer the scrapbuild pieces, where they used anything they could find to make sort of a bridge...
This looks a bit too professional/techy for mad men left in mordheim to build?

just my 2 cents though...
That would be common sense Very Happy ( I know it's too long) I'll likely have to repair a few Ogre shaped holes in the future. I will try it for a few games, if it doens't work (or too many models plunge to their doom) I will cut it up into two or more smaller bridges.

I must agree with you on the style part though... I made them to match the rest of the bridges (crossing the canals) but I am still pondering about a way to 'rough them up a bit' or maybe add a few lanters or such (which wouldn't help the professional look)...

Your feedback (and critisism too) is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 9:13

Just amazing xO..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 13:10

A bridge too far??? Those bridges sure keep people busy...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0735
Eight bridges, measuring from 45 cm to 10 cm... You wouldn't believe the quantity of balsa wood I put into those things... Quite pleased, but not quite, they still need some detailing.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0734

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0732

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 DSCN0731
Some shots of the board with all the bridges... Almost done, just a few more...

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 14:13

Spectacular, the bridges will elevate your games in the literal and metaphorical sense!

I have a sizable collection of mithril minis myself,as a child i used to spend my allowance each week on a single blister! They are to me the definitive version on Tolkien's imagery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecasualty.net
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 14:23

Boreas_NL wrote:
A bridge too far??? Those bridges sure keep people busy... Quite pleased, but not quite, they still need some detailing.

I was rather waiting for that... Suspect .
The REALLY LONG one might look good with some truss support...like a cantilever style railroad bridge. They don't necessarily have to look like they were thrown together; they very well might have survived the comet, & been a way the wealthy could move from building to building without mingling with the crowds below. At any rate they'll be FINE spots for some heavy metal swashbuckling ala Errol Flynn et al. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 14:53

Awesome, I can't wait to see how you "detail" them.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 12:05

Quote :
I was rather waiting for that... .

Me too, but nobody else did, so I had to do it. I'm sorry if it's to cheap...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 18 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next