Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Empty
PostSubject: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009 - 13:05

Hi boys, you can get the games-workshop chaos dwarf warband here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NTCQKRG9
(you have to wait the little time to get a "normal download", dont tray with "premium download").
This article is part of the "goblin fanatico" supplement that was appeared in a white dwarf of the 2001 or 2002.

Last edited by xarly22 on Sun 20 Sep 2009 - 13:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009 - 13:09

I had translated this to English a long long time ago.
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009 - 13:14

Da Bank wrote:
I had translated this to English a long long time ago.

i have post it becuase someone asked me for it yesterday, but i dont know that you have the english version, i think that your version will most usefull lthat the spanish
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 4:23

Sweet! That was me that asked, and thanks! I hadn't ever heard of it before, but it's cool that you have a translation, DaBank. I'm somewhat proficient in Spanish, but if I stumble over something I may shoot you a PM with some questions.

Thanks again, Xarly!
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 11:32

Myntokk wrote:
Sweet! That was me that asked, and thanks! I hadn't ever heard of it before, but it's cool that you have a translation, DaBank. I'm somewhat proficient in Spanish, but if I stumble over something I may shoot you a PM with some questions.

Thanks again, Xarly!

your wellcome games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 1:29

Translations from: http://translate.reference.com

Children of Hashut

The qualities of the stone witch are well known to practitioners of magic of all races and most wizards and sorcerers extol the virtues of the crystal in the practice of sorcery. This knowledge has reached even the Far East and the desolate and infamous land, Zharr-Naggrund. In these lands, the dwarfs of Chaos rule thousands of slaves for millennia.

In fact, only one of these sorcerers Hashutsep learned of the disaster that has befallen the city of Mordheim. In its continuing search for rivals to be overcome to keep their magical powers to acquire more slaves. Hashutsep know that the city of Mordheim is the ideal place to implement its purposes.

Mordheim because there is no law or common enemy and no common defense against incursion. With an abundant supply of magical powers and a nearly inexhaustible source of slave labor, Hashutsep has prepared an expedition to go to Mordheim. However, instead of invading the city in its entirety and get attention from his rivals, has Hatshutsep sent its best apprentices to get more slaves, more boots and, above all, more warpstone with which to satisfy their evil purposes.

Special rules
Hard Head: Chaos Dwarfs and Chaos Centaurs ignore the special rules, clubs, hammers, etc. Not easy to break their necks!

Armour: Chaos Dwarfs and Chaos Centaurs suffer no penalties to movement never fitted with any combination of armour.

Difficult to Kill: Chaos Dwarfs and Chaos Centaurs are tough and stubborn and can only be out of action with a score of 6. If you get a score of 5, are stunned.

Slave: One of the main objectives of the Chaos Dwarf Mordheim is to get more slaves for their sacrifices and their tasks. Consequently, the Chaos Dwarfs never free a single slave catching, but the sacrifice (by which the apprentice sorcerer get +1 to Experience for every slave sacrificed) or require help in their search for the stone witch. In this case, at the end of the game, sum + 1 for each slave to the total accumulated warpstone band Chaos Dwarfs. Before making this amount, makes a roll 1D6. With a score of 2 to 6, the prisoner dies due to overwork, disease, the effects of long exposure to the stone witch or any other similar reason, in any event, the band can Chaos Dwarfs maintain the equipment of the captive. By contrast, a score of 1 indicates that the prisoner escapes, returns to his band with his team intact and also gets a bonus experience LD3 (if a henchman, simply adds 1 to its total).

Uncommon: Chaos Dwarfs are quite rare in the settlements of the Old World. For this reason, when taking runs for the acquisition of new recruits in their bands, they spend 1.5 times (rounded up) the amount normally spent. Remember that this is not the case of the Hobgoblins, race far more common than the Chaos Dwarfs. For example, a group of recruits Chaos Dwarfs armed with shotguns with 4 points of experience required at least 6 experience points to gain a recruit, recruit 12 for two and so
on.

Slave Labour: The Chaos Dwarfs bands should include a minimum of 4 Hobgoblins (if they contain less than 4, can only be due to the casualties suffered by the band). You can only recruit more Hobgoblins for the band to the minimum necessary for the miniatures game.

Maximum size of the warband: 14 members.

Starting experience
Sorcerers start with 20 experience points. Chaos Centaurs start with 12 experience points. The Champions start with 8 experience points.

Chaos Dwarf equipment lists
Hand-to-hand Combat Weapons
Dagger...1st free/2 gc
Mace...3 gc
Hammer...3 gc
Axe...5 gc
Sword...10 gc
Double-handed weapon...15 gc
Obsidian weapon*...30/60 gc
Missile Weapons
Pistol...15 gc (30 gc for a brace)
Armour
Heavy armour...50 gc
Shield...5 gc
Helmet...10 gc
Light armour...20 gc
GUNNER EQUIPMENT LIST
Dagger...1st free/2 gc
Axe...5 gc
Sword...10 gc
Hammer...3 gc
Missile Weapons
Blunderbuss pistol*...20/40 gc
Pistol...15 gc (30 gc for a brace)
Armour
Heavy armour...50 gc
Helmet...10 gc
Light armour...20 gc
HOBGOBLIN EQUIPMENT LIST

Dagger...1st free/2 gc
Sword...10 gc
Posioned daggers*...8/15 gc
Axe...5 gc
Missile Weapons
Short bow...5 gc
Bow...10 gc
Armour
Light armour...20 gc
Helmet...10 gc

*For a band without initial experience, this weapon can be acquired at half the cost (rounded up) to represent the relative ease with which a band can increase their armoury.

Chaos Dwarf special equipment
Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Pistol - 40 gold crowns
availability: rare 10 (Chaos Dwarfs only)
Chaos Dwarfs have a bad reputation in battle by using a large number of these dreaded shotguns in their infantry troops. They use this same tactic in fighting in the streets of Mordheim.
Range 40cm
Strength 3
Special Rules Superior construction
Superior Construction:
Continued use of this weapon has allowed us to make improvements, the most obvious of which is to reload and have the gun ready to fire before moving the thumbnail. The blunderbuss of Chaos Dwarfs can also fire multiple times during a game, but only once per turn.

Hobgoblins Poisoned Daggers - 15 gold crowns
The Hobgoblins, also called "types elusive" poisoned daggers sheets. Cunning and devious, often the Hobgoblins are employed by their teachers as murderers, but they are pretty expendable troops and nothing reliable.
Range Close Combat
Strength As user
Special Rules Parry, Quick, Poisoned
Two daggers: Poisoned daggers should be used in pairs (giving them a bonus of +1 attack). If Hobgoblins used poisoned daggers, it can be equipped with more weapons.
Quick: In melee combat, the Hobgoblins armed with poisoned daggers get a +1 to his Initiative
attribute.
Poisoned: The poison that coats the leaf of the daggers is very similar to black lotus poison, although its color is different. Most people speculated that there is a Chaotic influence due to widespread use of poison. The effects of the poison never disappear and, moreover, to pull to impact, with a 6 you get a wound automatically (without the need for circulation to wound).

Obsidian weapon - 60 gold crowns
availability: rare 10
Obsidian weapons are quite rare because it takes time to forge the weapon without causing cracks in the stone, however, once forged, are prepared to withstand impacts during use.
Range Close Combat
Strength As user +1
Special Rules Personnel, Heavy
Personnel: The weapon retains the bonuses for such weapons; own swords, axes and hammers can be constructed from obsidian (the cost for the three arms is the same: 60 crowns).
Heavy: A war weapon equipped with an obsidian subtracts a 1 to its attribute Initiative melee.

Hobgoblins
20 gold crowns to hire
Skinny: The Hobgoblins are cowards by nature, creatures who are forced to fight for their masters Chaos Dwarfs. As a result, easily damaged and less chance trying to escape from his captors. In
making rolls to wound, a result of 1-3 indicates that leaving the band.
No one cared: The Hobgoblins have half as effective if the band should make a check withdrawal. For example, a band made up of 12 miniatures, they fall outside of Combat 2 miniatures and 1 miniature Hobgoblins Chaos Dwarf, the total would be out of action two miniatures (1/2 + 1/2 + 1 = 2). Moreover, Hobgoblins can not get to become heroes, but simply repeated an edition of "the guys have
talent."

Chaos Dwarf special skills
The Heroes of the Chaos Dwarfs and Centaurs can choose one of the following special abilities
in place of the usual.
Harder Than a Brick:
a result of 1-3 indicates that the thumbnail is overturned, a 4-5 result is stunned and a score of 6 indicates that knocked out.
Increased Resistance: Lets repeat wounds drawn once the item. The second outcome is the one that prevails.
Hate Without Boundaries: the miniature suffer hatred worldwide.
Hard Head: It allows a special saving throw of 3+ to be stunned.

Last edited by werekin on Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 1:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 1:39

Wow! I'm pretty impressed with how well that translator works. Most online translators are good for vocabulary, but not phrases.

Still not perfect though, this one made me laugh:

Quote :
The Hobgoblins, also called "types elusive" poisoned daggers sheets.

I have translated it into English (as has Da Bank, apparently) in an MS Word file, so if anyone's interested I'm happy to email it to them, although it looks like it's pretty much the same as Werekin's translation ruleswise. I also borrowed the text from existing warbands (dwarfs in particular) where it looked like the rule was the same, but worded differently in Spanish.

Werekin: were you going to run the rest of the warband through the translator as well?
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 1:59

Yeh I was pretty impressed how well the translator can deal. Clearly I was only interested in the game rules developed by the Spanish and nobody has posted a translation on here so I went DIY for the win.
Quote :

Werekin: were you going to translate the spell table as well?

The answer to this is no sir because it doesn't interest me. I'm afraid that the Spanish Dwarfs warband list will have received little to no testing.

The Rituals of Hashut featured in the Border Town Burning supplement are fully operational spells which having been playested extensively. These were developed from the game rules previously written and developed by the common people of Mordheim like you and I. games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_smile

However, the reason for the translation was to check what relevant ideas/concepts, if anything, has slipped through the net during the Mordheim community's development of Chaos Dwarf warbands. Consistency and continuity are all important. I take the research side of things seriously enough to review everything here. Although some of the contributors to the Chaos Dwarf warband lists which we've seen previously may have reviewed this material before, I have not. It's important that I do that to me as a contributor and as the co-editor of Border Town Burning.

To be honest though, there is not a lot here that interests me. A few points are worth picking up on I think. By and large the Black Dwarfs warband list is a comprehensive job. Far superior to anything you see here.

I am confident saying that, knowing that it contains all of the best contributions from a number of different veterans who have fought with Chaos Dwarfs in the streets of Mordheim and beyond across the years. games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_wink

Regards,

Stuart.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 2:32

I've read the BTB Black Dwarfs list, as well, and it definitely has more character in it. This one is rather generic, I guess about what I would have expected for a Chaos Dwarfs band though.

Honestly I think the thing in that band that piqued my interest more than anything else were the Obsidian Weapons. Unfortunately they weren't particularly well implemented, seeing as an Obsidian Club is essentially an inferior Sigmarite Warhammer for more than double the cost, while an Obsidian Sword is the same price as an Ithilmar Sword but considerably better in my opinion.

That and the fact that there even was a GW-released Chaos Dwarf band, I thought they had all but dumped Chaos Dwarfs, striking them from history altogether until the random inclusion of the hellcannons.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 8:27

Myntokk wrote:
That and the fact that there even was a GW-released Chaos Dwarf band, I thought they had all but dumped Chaos Dwarfs, striking them from history altogether until the random inclusion of the hellcannons.

Not at all! GW has dramatically increased the mentions of Chaos Dwarfs in their publications, from a half page feature in the Warhammer rulebook, to mentions in connection with Ogres (Chaos Dwarfs enslave Gnoblars) and recently they commissioned the unofficial Chaos Dwarfs army list for Warhammer. And then there is this (confirmed?) rumour about Forge World producing a Chaos Dwarf army...

I think Chaos Dwarf players have a bright future ahead - or I might just be having too much sympathy with their community... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 20:59

That's awesome! Too bad Forge World minis can get so pricey, but still it's good to know that GW is lending these guys at least a little support and recognition.

Where would one go to obtain said commissioned unofficial army list, or is it not finished yet?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 22:44

Myntokk wrote:
Where would one go to obtain said commissioned unofficial army list, or is it not finished yet?

I meant this one: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6155
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 19:25

cianty wrote:
Myntokk wrote:

I meant this one: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6155
Awwwwwwwwwwesome! Downloading as I type this, I'm really psyched. From what I've seen it looks like it is put together very professionally, and in keeping with the current GW theme.

Kudos to CDO for pulling together such an awesome project!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 14:41

This download is insane. The creators must surely be damned. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)   games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

games-workshop chaos dwarfs warband (in spanis)
Page 1 of 1