Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Which Beastman list is legal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MonsterZero
Warrior
Warrior
MonsterZero

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Which Beastman list is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 15:24

I've returned to Mordheim after quite a few years of ignoring it. I'm still catching up on reading Town Cryers, the 2002 Annual, Letters of the Damned, etc. I've stumbled across something I'd like to ask about, apologies if the answer is obvious somewhere, I've nosed around the forums here and couldn't find anything.

So I was poking around on Sven and Tewfik's website and I found that the Beastmen list in Town Cryer 29 matches the list in the Empire in Flames supplement available from the GW website. However, the Beastmen "official" list on Sven and Tewfik's is slightly different, not allowing a centigor hero. I'm just wondering which list is legal or are they both legal.

Thanks in advance. Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_biggrin

MZ
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 15:35

The list where Beastmen still had 2 Wounds was fully replaced by the EiF list with Centigor etc. The old one is unofficial and no one, who knows better, would allow it.

Also note that the Shaggy Hide skill has been replaced with granting +1 armour save instead of allowing them to wield 2-hand-weapons in a single hand (see the Mordheim Rules Review).
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
MonsterZero
Warrior
Warrior
MonsterZero

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 15:53

Thanks for the quick response! Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_smile

I'm glad that list is "banned" for all intents and purposes, it seems to lack any real flavor, "boring" is a word that comes to mind. Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_wink

MZ
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 16:03

Yes, it was rather uninspired. But I remember it being great fun running around with two-handed axes in each hand. Smile

But it's cooler to have the Centigor for sure. But I miss the change to 1 Wound only from 5th to 6th editon of Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 18:47

Wonder why Svenn & Tewfik still have the old "2-wound" list up as official - I didn't know it was ever considered official in the first place.

cianty wrote:
I remember it being great fun running around with two-handed axes in each hand. Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_smile

Oh man, my friend ran a beastman warband with that list and took the "mutation" skill every chance he got, buying extra arms to wield even more two-handed axes! It was ridiculously expensive, probably not really worth it, but man that was one of the scariest things you could go up against in melee. I think the Beastman had 5 arms, each with a two-handed axe.

They really could have made that skill balanced, with limitations such as the beastman could still only carry one two-handed weapon, but oh well, got replaced with another nigh-useless armor skill.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 19:33

He he.

You can get every skill only once. So no more than one extra arm for Beastmen (through skills that is - mutations themselves can be gained multiple times, but through the same skill).

Nevertheless, I did give the beastman player something to work towards, something to achieve. A nice combo to invest in. Most official warbands are lacking such cool paths of development and I liked that.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 1:42

yeah we houseruled that one because it seemed like beastmen should be subject to multiple mutations if they were accomplished enough. In hindsight, maybe not such a good idea!

Personally I really like the Border Town Burnin Corrupt Characters rules for acquiring mutations though, since it's unpredictable and better reflects the nature of chaos.
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 13:38

Myntokk wrote:
Wonder why Svenn & Tewfik still have the old "2-wound" list up as official - I didn't know it was ever considered official in the first place.

Here in Spain, the white Dwarf had a supplement calling "Goblin Fanatico" (8 or 9 years ago) were you got the other warbands (bretonians, Chaos dwarfs Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_sad i have that in my hand at this time, lizardmen...) becuase here there isnt the town cryer, only at the start of the mordheim comercialicing, and in this supplements you would find a lot of the town cryer rules, but not all.
In this supplement appear the beastmen warband, the first warband that have gors with 2 wounds and swords for 5gc and this warband was legal, and was the most powerfull in the game.In this supplement you could buy the warband built. One friend had this warband and it was evry difficult, like imposible win a battle with another warband in the same level.
Of course, in 2003 or 2004, im not sure, we could get the rules of the new beastmen warband in the official games-workshop website.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 21:32

Avast! Ahoy! Scurvey Seadogs and Sufferin' Scallops! Yarrrrrrr! (didn't want to rewrite the whole post in piratey lingo but forgot that it's ITLAPD too late!)
Which Beastman list is legal? 665330

Yeah we played the warband as legal as well, but we allow almost anything that was official or unofficial as long as it was put out by GW. We really only scrutinized "fan-made" stuff before allowing it, although through experience have since amended certain of GW's works as well.

That "Goblin Fanatico" sounds kind of cool though, We here in the states had something similar (although it was online, not in print) called Black Gobbo, which was the foil to White Dwarf and had various gaming articles in it. Any chance you could scan the Chaos Dwarf warband and send it to me? I'd be interested in seeing what GW's version of the Chaos Dwarf warband looks like.

Also, are the Bretonnian and Lizardman warbands the same as the Town Cryer ones?

Last edited by Myntokk on Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 22:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot that it was talk like a pirate day...)
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 22:57

Myntokk wrote:
Avast! Ahoy! Scurvey Seadogs and Sufferin' Scallops! Yarrrrrrr! (didn't want to rewrite the whole post in piratey lingo but forgot that it's ITLAPD too late!)

Yeah we played the warband as legal as well, but we allow almost anything that was official or unofficial as long as it was put out by GW. We really only scrutinized "fan-made" stuff before allowing it, although through experience have since amended certain of GW's works as well.

That "Goblin Fanatico" sounds kind of cool though, We here in the states had something similar (although it was online, not in print) called Black Gobbo, which was the foil to White Dwarf and had various gaming articles in it. Any chance you could scan the Chaos Dwarf warband and send it to me? I'd be interested in seeing what GW's version of the Chaos Dwarf warband looks like.

Also, are the Bretonnian and Lizardman warbands the same as the Town Cryer ones?

ok, ill scan tha chaos dwarf warband tomorrow, and ill put it in this post, it will be in spanish.
the bretonians and the lizardmen are the similar of the town cryer.
Here in spain the town cryer was a part of the white dwarf articles called "el heraldo de mordheim", but it was only in 6 or 7 white dwarfs. we dont get kislevites, amazons, pit fighters, tileans, pirates and the second beastmen in white dwarf or goblin fanatico, we got them in the official website in 2003 or 2004.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009 - 3:06

Arr, I be understandin' now. The first 6 or so installments of that fine publication, Town Cryer, were featured in White Dwarf here in the Caribbean as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Beastman list is legal?   Which Beastman list is legal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Beastman list is legal?
Page 1 of 1