Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

skill lists.. how many?

Go down 
+4
Popmouth
Arathorn
Citizen Sade
And
8 posters
AuthorMessage
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

Trading Reputation : 0

skill lists.. how many? Empty
PostSubject: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 22:50

I just don't get it.

It says in my orc rules that i 'may use the orc skill list instead of tany standard skill lists available'..

I just gave my orc hero 'Eadbasher.. Does that mean that i can't give him any skills from any of the other lists in the rule book? Like strength/speed skills?

Or can i freely pick from any list that he can choose from everytime he gets a new skill?

Also, are there any other things than the 'newly' added clubs in the orc list that has been changed or added?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 22:58

You're talking a lad who's got talent, right? If so, when he's promoted, you're supposed to pick two skill lists that your hero can use when he levels up e.g. strength and speed. Many people play that you get access to the two you pick plus the race list if there is one. Strictly speaking, I think this is a house rule rather than official.
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 23:01

Citizen Sade wrote:
You're talking a lad who's got talent, right? If so, when he's promoted, you're supposed to pick two skill lists that your hero can use when he levels up e.g. strength and speed. Many people play that you get access to the two you pick plus the race list if there is one. Strictly speaking, I think this is a house rule rather than official.

No actually not. Im talking about the tables that a regular hero can pick from. Smile

Can he pick from a new list every time he "level's up" ?
Back to top Go down
Arathorn
Captain
Captain
Arathorn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 23:19

Yes.

XD
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 6:43

Arathorn wrote:
Yes.

XD

Wuhu!! thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 8:06

As long as its a list he is allowed to pick from, of course.
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 15:11

Popmouth wrote:
As long as its a list he is allowed to pick from, of course.

yup, exactly Smile

thanks y'all!
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 10:41

Oh, just one more..

It doenst say that the shaman can pick academic skills.. please say that it has been changed!? :O
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 11:31

Orcs aren't really well known for being smart, are they?

No Academic (or "magic") skills for da greenskinz... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 12:36

cianty wrote:
Orcs aren't really well known for being smart, are they?

No Academic (or "magic") skills for da greenskinz... skill lists.. how many? Icon_smile

ARH that sux!!

Then why would one take a shaman.? okay he has spells.. but... No skills makes him better at what he does? Sad
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 13:51

He can become quite a close combat monster with Clubba and Strength skills. In fact, I think most Orc spells are good and better on average than most from the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 14:15

Och, dude! Give the shaman a chance! He's got 2 missile spells that are killers--D3 St 4 and 2D3 St 3! Clubba is a great spell for crumpin' heads (literally). Actually all of the spells are useful and Orcy unlike some of the lame fare of the Necromancy list.

The shaman is a proper orc so he can get skills and characteristic advances that make him a beast in hand to hand even without his spells.

Also his advance table is organized so that you always roll for an advance after your first game. My beginning shaman was up to 3 spells after 2 games. After 4 games I've reduced the difficulty of Fires of Gork to 7 by rolling the spell twice as an advance.

Finally orcs only start with 4 hero choices, leaving one at home because he's "useless" is not a wise move. Even a clock punching shaman will earn his keep in the Exploration phase. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 16:13

Cianty and Von Kurst are right. A shaman is as mean in CC as any other orc out there.
As Van Kurst sais, you only start with 4 heroes, so you do want to keep him in, even if it's just for your income...

A lucky roll in your Exploration Phase (5 2's), and he can gain Academic Skills
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009 - 21:35

Look at it this way - his spells are just there to augment his combat capabilities. Otherwise he's as tough as any ork out there, the magic is just is added bonus. Sure he can't wear armor, but that's no biggie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skill lists.. how many?   skill lists.. how many? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skill lists.. how many?
Page 1 of 1