Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP

Go down 
+6
Paluke
Zujara
DeafNala
lord siwoc
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Myntokk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Empty
PostSubject: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 0:29

I recently started up a Norse Warband (I've been on a bit of a viking kick after taking courses in Tolkien and Icelandic Sagas, and reading Eaters of the Dead).

I wanted to make a Norse warband, but with a slightly less Chaotic look - I wanted my Norsemen to be more like vikings and a little less like Chaos Marauders (especially since there's already a different warband for that).

I still stuck to the Chaos Marauder bodies, but to give them a different aesthetic went with the 6th edition plastic dwarf heads and weaponry, as they had a decidedly norse look about them. I'm also painting them a little more garrishly than typical chaos fighters would be, so they look a little less "evil" and instead just kind of barbaric. As it is, I have the Jarl and two Berserkers finished (although sadly I don't have the Berserkers on-hand, and couldn't shoot pics of them). Unpainted are the Bondsmen, Wulfen, and various henchies.

The Wulfen model is a conversion with the arms and upper legs of an ork, head, tail, and lower legs of a wolf, and body from green stuff. We'll see how it turns out when I paint him...

Jarl Harald of the Red Moustache

Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 100_1410

Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 100_1411

Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 100_1412

Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 100_1413
Back to top Go down
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Champion
Champion
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 3:07

Nice, I like what you have done. I was thinking what model I could use for a Norse warband...but I did not have as much vision as you and was looking at buying some Vikings from the Perry Miniatures range.

Nice wulfen, looks like you have managed to capture the metamorphism between man and beast.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 7:48

Good kitbashing! They seem great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 8:54

BY THOR'S WHATEVER, those are COOL looking Norse Guys! The Dwarf heads look GREAT with the Marauder bodies, AND the Wolfen is an inspired piece. The Jarl gives us an idea as to JUST how TERRIFIC the War Band will look when finished; SO keep up the GOOD WORK! Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 544694
Back to top Go down
Zujara
Champion
Champion
Zujara

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 9:01

Very nice conversions, I like how you went barbaric instead of the typical Chaos worshipers. Looking forward to seeing the Wulfen painted up!
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 10:24

Very cool thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 10:42

Very inspired conversion work. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 13:01

Awesome kitbashing!

The idea of using Dwarf heads on Marauder bodies is excellent, succes with painting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bash
Champion
Champion
Bash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 19:01

show how you did the neck (pic from behind) cause ima wondering how u stuck m together Razz
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 20:07

Bash wrote:
show how you did the neck (pic from behind) cause ima wondering how u stuck m together Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_razz
Just a little green stuff, but I'll snap a shot and post it when I can.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 23:37

Oh man that werewolf conversion looks awesome, do you have any shots of it before base coating? I want to steal your idea!
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2009 - 3:28

hero wrote:
Oh man that werewolf conversion looks awesome, do you have any shots of it before base coating? I want to steal your idea!

Shoot, unfortunately I don't but I'll explain it as best I can:

Parts you'll need:

plastic ork legs, torso, and arms - fantasy, 40k, doesn't really matter as long as it's one of the multi-part figures.
Plastic wolf
Wolf Rider Champion's wolf head (you can use any wolf head, I just liked that this one was armored)

1. Cut the ork's legs just below the knee, removing both feet and lower legs.
2. Cut away any details on the ork's back, such as straps or armor plates.
3. Attach the ork's body to the legs, but attach it backwards (i.e. with the belly facing back/up, and the shoulders facing directly forward) - this achieves the hunched over effect.
4. Attach the ork's arms in place, keeping in mind that they will be backwards on the torso so that they're facing the proper direction.
5. Cut the wolf's hind legs off just below the knee.
6. Attach the wolf's legs to the ork's legs and the tail to the ork body.
7. Use green stuff on the model's back (the belly/chest of the original ork figure) to bulk him up a bit, hide the details from the ork body, and sculpt details such as the shoulder blades and the spine onto the model.
8. Once the greenstuff from step 7 has set, attach the wolf's head, using more greenstuff to bulk up the fur around his neck and shoulders, and voila!

Here are some more shots of the wulfen from various angles, to give you a better idea of what to do:
Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 100_1414

Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP 100_1415
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP   Warband - Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myntokk's Norse Warband, WIP
Page 1 of 1