Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Empty
PostSubject: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeTue 5 Feb 2008 - 18:58

WOW.

I just found this video about Psychiatry, and it's unbelievable. I'm lost for words.

(off topic: I'm going to be afk for about 3 days, but I'll be back on Friday. Talk then)
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Tortiou
Warlord
Warlord
Tortiou

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeTue 5 Feb 2008 - 20:07

Be careful when watching this video. This video was released by the CCHR, an organisation founded in 1969 by the Church of Scientology.

So, please, guys, PLEAAASE don't believe everything you see!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Konqueror
Captain
Captain

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeTue 5 Feb 2008 - 21:52

Eeeew scientology!

BTW I thought the site was about human rights, but it's on human rights apllied in the psichiatric field. I think the site is full of bull*hit and c**p. Let the psichiatrists and the physicians talk... I mean, I can understanda that a bunch of experts are again the system, that's statistic, but the sistem is self-controlled by other tons of experts.

If they find that an acceptable number of ppl have some probs, they call it a mental illness to simplify things, no more no less. I don't find this a problem sincerely.

I'm poisitive with mind-drugs if they're the start of the cure (unless no-hope cases..).
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2008 - 6:39

Konqueror wrote:
Eeeew scientology!
Tortiou wrote:
So, please, guys, PLEAAASE don't believe everything you see!

I really wasn't planning on turning this into a religious discussion, but I must ask:

What facts do you have against scientology?
Back to top Go down
Konqueror
Captain
Captain

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2008 - 12:48

It's a "religion" that used as base psychology and took some general concepts from informatics and christianity, inventing a set of notions without any base. Shocked

It would be ok for me, as long as this people remain some kms far Very Happy but they also attack continously psychiatry, psichology and even medicine, telling that diseases don't exist -ron abbard once said that also physical diseases don't exist No

Come on, they're hopeless. I just hope that they'll wake up one day.

If someone is scientologist on the forum, I'm sorry for him, not for this post Razz

BTW I think it's better close now the OT because religious topics are 90% of times a problem for users and mods ^^
Just talk about the movie.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2008 - 19:26

Konqueror,

I'm not going to argue your points, but I will tell you that you have a lot of false data about Scientology. I challenge you to read the official Scientology site about what it is, and evaluate it from there. I realize that this won't change your mind, but at least you'll have some facts.

I've grown up with Scientology, and have never seen a more self-less group of individuals trying to make the world a better place.

There's my two cents - everyone's entitled to their opinion.

<3
ash
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2008 - 20:04

Thanks for keeping it respectful guys.

Although this would be an extremely interesting topic that I would love to discuss with everyone, I think Konqueror is right when he says that religious topics CAN be a problem on the forum.

That's why it might not be a bad idea to drop it now. Not because I don't think it is interesting (quite to the contrary!) but because we might end up vexing some users and achieve nothing but a bad atmosphere.

If someone REALLY feels the need to discuss "Scientology", I have no problem with that as long as you keep it civilised and polite.

Thank you for your understanding!
Admin Tom

Last edited by on Fri 8 Feb 2008 - 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2008 - 20:06

np, sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)   DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DSM: Inventing mental illness (documentary)
Page 1 of 1