Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

deamonettes

Go down 
+6
hero
JAFisher44
Da Bank
Eliazar
MyLittlePwny
selfmedicated
10 posters
AuthorMessage
selfmedicated

selfmedicated

Trading Reputation : 0

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2009 - 15:09

hey guys i was wanting to play some one off games and want to use a slaanesh warband made up of a chosen (sigvald) and slaanesh sorcerer (the masque) and a heap of deamonettes. what gold value would a deamonette be to make the games fair?
Back to top Go down
selfmedicated

selfmedicated

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 10:21

anyone? just wondering so i know how many models to use to make it fair against the official and unofficial warbands. games will be just for fun.
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 17:54

Hmmm I remember reading an article once about how to balance your self-written characters/warbands.. But don't remember where Sad
You could always take the warhammer fantasy stats for daemonettes and calculate them vs a standard human from the one-off games in the back of the rulebook and see how much they'd cost Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 18:10

I think Ethlorien once wrote a Slaaneshi warband. He's member of this forum, too, so just write him a PM Wink
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 18:56

It really depends on the Stats you want to give them. You can not discuss cost until you have a warband written up with characterstics, skills and etc.

If you want to play it safe, then model it after a mercenary squad and use those stats and etc and you have a Slaneesh warband.
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 0:41

Daemonettes from Daemons of Chaos Army Book

M-W-B-S-T-W-I-A-L
6--5-0-3-3--1-5-2-7

Claws /w Armor Piercing
Daemonic

WS 5 seems a little strong since nothing in the basic warbands has a WS of 5 Of course Vampires in WHFB have a min WS of 6 whereas a Vamp from MH has WS 4. I would consider reducing WS to 4.

Similarly I 5 seems a little strong. The Vampire is the only model in the basic warbands that has I 5. Vampires in WHFB have I 6. I think that I 4 is good for a daemonette in MH.

So, we have:

M-W-B-S-T-W-I-A-L
6--4-0-3-3--1-4-2-7

Aside from S, T, and W this is the same stat line as a Posessed. Posessed are 90gc so reduce to 60 for having only 1 W. Then say 50 for reduced S and T.

This only pays for the models stats. Now you have to take into account the abilities of a daemonette. They have a 5+ ward save and magical attacks and daemonic instability. the 5+ ward save and magical attacks can probably be figured out pretty easy, but you would have to choose if you even wanted to represent daemonic instability.

The 5+ ward save is gonna be 50gc or more. If you make it just a straight up save I'd say 50gc (same as heavy armor) I'm actually not sure about the magical attacks. I'd charge it for 2 axes to represent it's claws so 10gc.

so, that means 120-130gc base, depending on how much you think magical attacks is worth then if you want to add instability you might be able to reduce that a bit, depending on what you decide it does.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 2:45

If you want it to be a heap of daemonettes and don't care about straying from their standard stats you could just make them 25-35 gc give them the stats of a skaven clanrat or something but with two attacks and can't use any equipment.

Or if you do something like the above and model them after preexisting demons, such as the plague bearers from the carnival of chaos.

50 gc 0-2 limit
increase the movement by two (or one)
reduce the toughness by one
take away stream of corruption and cloud of flies
add a -1 leadership to units in base contact or something.
Probably remove fear too.

I did something like this for dryads in my wood elf warband, actually. There're also stats in the BTB Bestiary random encounters PDF I think.

Last edited by hero on Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 3:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 3:05

Hah, just looked it up in the BTB PDF and it's exactly what I said above but plus one initiative and only plus one move.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 22:42

I'm going to agree with Hero. The Plague Demons are the only official demons, so they make the best basis.

However, I would keep the 'Fear' rule, as it's a standard for Demons. So, to sum up,

0-2 Daemonettes - 50gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 4 0 4 3 1 5 2 8
Weapons: None! No penalty for unarmed.
Special Rules:
Aura of Slaanesh: Daemonettes are surrounded by a near-tangible aura of seduction and acquiescence, distracting their foes. Any close combat opponent reduces his Ld by –1 (to a minimum of 2).
Causes Fear
Immune to Psych
Demonic Save (5+ armor, reduced as normal, ignored with magical attacks)
Demonic Instability (Dies on 1-3 rather than 1-2)
Does not Gain Experience

If I had to hammer out a 2 minute Slaanesh warband based on the Possessed & the Carnival, I'd write it as follows:
1 Magister (same as a Possessed)
0-2 Enraptured 60gc each
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 4 0 4 3 1 4 2 8
Special skills:
Immune to Psych (does not apply to rout checks)
Starts with the skill 'Jump Up'
Max Human stats
Access to Combat, Strength Speed

0-2 Mutants- same as Possessed mutants
25 + mutations (add slaanesh mutations, like 'allure' for 20gc

HENCH
0-5 Darksouls (same as Possessed)

0+ Brethren
(or, as a switch, add 0+ Slaves from the Khemri Tomb Raider warband. Unlike most slaves, they INSISTED on being bound and tortured! *shiver*)

0-2 Daemonettes
Perhaps have a special skill for the Mage that drops the Instability to 1-2.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 6:42

One of the Town Cryers, although I can't remember which, has a special set of additional spells that can be learned by Possessed Magisters (one for each patron deity, excluding Khorne), as well as a "Summon Lesser Daemons" spell which all Possessed Magisters are assumed to know by default.

That article gives rules on Plaguebearers (pre-CoC), Pink Horrors, and Daemonettes, so you could use it as a starting point.

Sorry I don't have more detailed info on which issue it is, but I'll see if I can hunt it down. It is a very short article in the very back though, I know that much.
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 9:39

TC nr 14 Myntokk deamonettes 544694

EDIT: The Daemonette from TC14 looks as follows...

Profile:
Code:
M-Ws-Bs-S-T-W-I-A-Ld
4- 6- 5-4-3-1-6-3-10
Special Rules:
- Fear.
- Daemonic Flesh: 4+ AS, negated by magic weapons. A Daemon's attack counts as magical as well.
- Daemon Mind: Imm to Psychology
- Daemon Magic: Daemons have a random spell from
1-3 Chaos Rituals, 4-6 Lesser Magic.
- Claws: Add +1 to the injury roll.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 19:46

Thanks for covering my six!
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 21:06

That thing is gonna cost a lot! Also, I wanna see one holding a crossbow in those claws Razz Maybe it needs the BS for a spell. Possibly?
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 21:25

Yeah she's scary for sure, although she only hangs around for 1 game, and you have to pay the price of the summoning materials regardless of whether or not the spell is a success.

Still, if the warbands participating are fairly experienced and hardened veterans, then it's nice to have some npc's that can give them a run for their money rather than the usual piddly henchies.
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 22:56

My statement was based on the OP taking these stats and using them for a permanent warband member. Buying a Daemonette with those stats is gonna cost 200gc plus in order to be ballanced with other models in the game.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 22:59

JAFisher44 wrote:
My statement was based on the OP taking these stats and using them for a permanent warband member. Buying a Daemonette with those stats is gonna cost 200gc plus in order to be ballanced with other models in the game.
Oh yeah, you would definitely have to pay an arm and a leg if they were intended to be a permanent fixture.

I thought the OP was talking about something scenario-specific.
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 1:47

Nope, he said he wants to make a slaaneshi warband. So his "heap" of daemonettes is gonna be a heap of one.
Back to top Go down
selfmedicated

selfmedicated

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 14:38

thanks for all the replies guys. i was just thinking of using the warband for one of games. i was going to use the rules for one off games at the back of the rule book. im a warhammer player from 14 years ago when i was a kid. i also played a bit of 40k and alot of necromunda and gorka morka. i recently gave into lure of the hobby and have come back to collecting and painting. all though i dabble fantasy is my one true love. i have it set into my head to start collecting small skirmish forces for all of the armies of warhammer. basically i just wanna reason to buy and paint all the sweet models from each army but still have a way of playing with them. im going to play mordheim rules but to begin with just play one of games. i only have a limited number of friends who will play and wanna keep it simple to begin with. if it takes off we will may change it up. ive been looking at warbands and the annual and have found rules for pretty much everything ive been thinking about. deamons are the only ones i struggle with as not all have stats and even less have gold values. thanks for pointing out the cry havoc some good info there.
Back to top Go down
Long_John_Silver
Youngblood
Youngblood
Long_John_Silver

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 16:12

For one off games why don't you take the Cult of the Possessed. and take the rules for one off games in the rulebook and pay for the stat increases until it gets to where you want it. It is going to cost a bundle of GCs, but if it didn't you would have a very over powered warband. For henchmen just say they are weaker daemonettes and use the beastman profile. Make sure your opponent can easily tell the difference and you should be OK.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 19:53

selfmedicated wrote:
thanks for all the replies guys. i was just thinking of using the warband for one of games. i was going to use the rules for one off games at the back of the rule book. im a warhammer player from 14 years ago when i was a kid. i also played a bit of 40k and alot of necromunda and gorka morka. i recently gave into lure of the hobby and have come back to collecting and painting. all though i dabble fantasy is my one true love. i have it set into my head to start collecting small skirmish forces for all of the armies of warhammer. basically i just wanna reason to buy and paint all the sweet models from each army but still have a way of playing with them. im going to play mordheim rules but to begin with just play one of games. i only have a limited number of friends who will play and wanna keep it simple to begin with. if it takes off we will may change it up. ive been looking at warbands and the annual and have found rules for pretty much everything ive been thinking about. deamons are the only ones i struggle with as not all have stats and even less have gold values. thanks for pointing out the cry havoc some good info there.
Actually, it sounds like Warhammer: Skirmish might be more your style (for the time being) than Mordheim - it's sort of a blend of Mordheim and Warhammer Fantasy. While everything is small-scale, and you do away with the large troop formations, you still take the profiles and point values straight out of the Warhammer armies books. You would lose some of the bizarre bits and uniqueness that Mordheim has, but you would also open up the entire range of Warhammer characters.
Back to top Go down
selfmedicated

selfmedicated

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2009 - 11:25

i read the rules for skirmish before i looked at mordheim. i like mordheim for the lack of formations, which seem silly for skirmish battles. i think i will just mash the two together. i think using deamonettes as count as models is probably the easiest idea. will just base on a possesed warband as mentioned. the deamonettes are for my wife, loves there pink hair :s im working on a necromancer warband.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2009 - 20:31

selfmedicated wrote:
i read the rules for skirmish before i looked at mordheim. i like mordheim for the lack of formations, which seem silly for skirmish battles. i think i will just mash the two together. i think using deamonettes as count as models is probably the easiest idea. will just base on a possesed warband as mentioned. the deamonettes are for my wife, loves there pink hair :s im working on a necromancer warband.
Yeah, I think if you used the profile for a Possessed with a great claw then you'd be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

deamonettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: deamonettes   deamonettes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

deamonettes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: