Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

How to build a Pirate Ship

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Axel
General
General
Axel

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

How to build a Pirate Ship Empty
PostSubject: How to build a Pirate Ship   How to build a Pirate Ship Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 18:59

pirat AAARR! mates

I've been wanting to build a pirate ship for about.... well two hours or something but it seems like a really cool idea. I want to build it like they build real wooden ships (so with real wood). Does anybody know how to do something like that or know a good tutorial.

Hope so Viking

Greetz from Holandia Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
Xenomorph237
Youngblood
Youngblood
Xenomorph237

PostSubject: Re: How to build a Pirate Ship   How to build a Pirate Ship Icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2009 - 2:39

Back to top Go down
Xenomorph237
Youngblood
Youngblood
Xenomorph237

PostSubject: Re: How to build a Pirate Ship   How to build a Pirate Ship Icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2009 - 2:53

Back to top Go down
Long_John_Silver
Youngblood
Youngblood
Long_John_Silver

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: How to build a Pirate Ship   How to build a Pirate Ship Icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2009 - 3:04

I made a wooden kayak once. There was a lot of planing, sanding, steaming and bending, and took me a couple of months to get it right. It is way over what is needed for a Mordheim scale ship. The thing was a pain to maintain so I sold it to a buddy of mine.

All of the ships I made for my 28mm pirates I cut the basic shape out of insulation foam, sanded it down and add details like hatches, barrels, lanterns, blah blah, yada yada. They always turned out pretty good.

Last edited by Long_John_Silver on Mon 7 Sep 2009 - 5:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: How to build a Pirate Ship   How to build a Pirate Ship Icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2009 - 3:50

@Axel--Goomb's also a member of this forum so you could just PM him through his account here.

Warboss Kurgan is another likely candidate. Or Playtable...

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-and-terrain-f4/mordheim-scale-ships-for-sartosa-t1459.htm

As Long_John says cutting the basic hull out of foam is the way to go. Wood is expensive and fiddly to work with. Although Kera Foehunter carved her ship's hull from Western Cedar...

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=24078&st=15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to build a Pirate Ship   How to build a Pirate Ship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to build a Pirate Ship
Page 1 of 1