Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs

Go down 
+21
Paluke
Girr
abhorsen950
blitzkrieg bob
Kaptain Dedgob
Popmouth
Arathorn
hero
Eliazar
Oberon
Fungomungus
Mr.chair
catferret
lord siwoc
Chad
WarbossKurgan
Pfreck
matt
DeafNala
cianty
And
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 9:46

Awesome! That's a warband to be proud of! They look more Mordheim than most orc warband I have seen. Perfect plundering orcs. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 9:50

cianty wrote:
Awesome! That's a warband to be proud of! They look more Mordheim than most orc warband I have seen. Perfect plundering orcs. thumbsup

exactly how i wanted them to look Very Happy thanks!

im not sure what colours to paint my squigs, suggestions anyone?

regards
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 9:57

And wrote:
im not sure what colours to paint my squigs, suggestions anyone?

Anything wrong with the classic red look? Maybe a bit muted to fit your Orcs better...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 10:27

I LOVE Squigs...they're the ONLY thing sillier than Night Goblins, except, of course for moi And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Suspect . Most of mine were done in a bright red despite that being GW's preferred-we-did-it-once-so-that's-it-FOREVER color; the batch I did for my Red Brotherhood Night Goblins were done in black. I've got some blue ones & a couple purples kicking around. SO...it's pretty much whatever floats your boat. Not much help here, eh?! And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 73199
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 10:55

DeafNala wrote:
I LOVE Squigs...they're the ONLY thing sillier than Night Goblins, except, of course for moi And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Suspect . Most of mine were done in a bright red despite that being GW's preferred-we-did-it-once-so-that's-it-FOREVER color; the batch I did for my Red Brotherhood Night Goblins were done in black. I've got some blue ones & a couple purples kicking around. SO...it's pretty much whatever floats your boat. Not much help here, eh?! And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 73199

Sure, its helpful!

I think i will go with different colours; dark blue, dark purple and dark red. I will try to get thesame 'dull' tone as my orcs have (only mixing white in with the colors)
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 13:16

cianty wrote:
I have to say I agree with this!

Awesome warband.

And, send me a PM with your address - you can have some of my Squigs mate. And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 387809
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 13:27

WarbossKurgan wrote:
And, send me a PM with your address - you can have some of my Squigs mate. And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 387809

Dem Orcs stick together. Oh us poor humans... Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 13:33

cianty wrote:
WarbossKurgan wrote:

Dem Orcs stick together. Oh us poor humans... And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_smile

Dat's coz it ain't easy bein' Green. And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 2194
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 14:10

WarbossKurgan wrote:
cianty wrote:
I have to say I agree with this!

Awesome warband.

W00t, for real? Very Happy

Thanks guys. I like your comments keep coming Smile
Back to top Go down
Turquoise Dwarf
Champion
Champion
Turquoise Dwarf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 18:04

I realy like the more grity realistic skin couler. The goblins red nose realy adds to his snivling apearance.
when it comes to squigs And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_bounce I think the wierder the coulers the better. I have a yellow one with blue tigre stripes and a purple one with green scales!
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 18:25

Dude, great work on those orcs!!!! Really loving them And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 387809

The other projects are looking good as well!!! And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 544694 And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 544694 And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 544694
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 18:57

I would stick to darker, muted colors to maintain your warband's aesthetic, but don't feel limited to red if you still want to go all out and have some funky patterned squigs in there too.

Here and here are some pretty cool looking, multicolored squigs in good earthy tones that are sort of an example of what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 19:10

Those are some most escellently painted squig samples indeed! Thanks for the links, Myntokk! I left my 10er's...
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 22:00

Great comments all! And great photos of the squigs! They look very nice! It was actually really confusing playing with empty bases as squigs today Sad And it kinda lost the 'feeling'...

The first game today was awesome!
I lost 1 orc boy, but bought him back after the game. One of my heroes gained the 'eadbasher skill! so he's ready to do some (more) havoc!

I rolled triple 3s on the exploration chart, and got 5gc........ That is kinda sad Sad

All in all a very funny game, and i can't wait to play another one!

wuhu!
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 22:06

Hands down some of the best squigs ever!

Hey Deaf, any chance of you posting some of your squigs?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 22:13

Glad to read you're having fun, And! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 3:09

Sounds like you're off to a decent start! Orcs & Gobbos are a fun warband.

Wish I could take credit for the squigs, but I'll agree with those here that they're some of the coolest squigs I've seen in a long time!

When I saw your painting style they popped into my head, And, so I thought I'd post the link.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 8:49

And wrote:
Great comments all! And great photos of the squigs! They look very nice! It was actually really confusing playing with empty bases as squigs today Sad And it kinda lost the 'feeling'...

The first game today was awesome!
I lost 1 orc boy, but bought him back after the game. One of my heroes gained the 'eadbasher skill! so he's ready to do some (more) havoc!

I rolled triple 3s on the exploration chart, and got 5gc........ That is kinda sad Sad

All in all a very funny game, and i can't wait to play another one!

wuhu!
Awesome!

Not wanting to get the thread off topic, but Orcs with Crossbows FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009 - 4:34

May i ask what particular model you used for your Shovelin' boy? It's my most favorite orc model!

I have actually been working on my greenskins lately, and used the raiders. And had the idea for snikrot as my boss for awhile, but you beat me to the punch. When I saw this post I was cursing at you for stealing my thoughts! (shovel boy I would have never thought of tho!)

Braineater!
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009 - 6:45

Figgy wrote:
May i ask what particular model you used for your Shovelin' boy? It's my most favorite orc model!

I have actually been working on my greenskins lately, and used the raiders. And had the idea for snikrot as my boss for awhile, but you beat me to the punch. When I saw this post I was cursing at you for stealing my thoughts! (shovel boy I would have never thought of tho!)

Braineater!

Im sorry for stealing your idea Wink it was just so tempting!

I can't take credit for the conversion idea of the shoveling boy. WBK inspired me Smile
But he is made out of regular orc bits:

orc head, spear arm, lamp from wall and fences kit, empire shield for shovel head, legs and torso from normal orc boyz sprue, lamp arm is an orc boy arm with another hand glued on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 16:21

Thanks!

Time for the idea to pass to the next generation of Shovelin' Boyz.

I'mma make one.

I gotta ask though, do you count that as a two handed weapon? Choppa? How is that one armed? And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 18:40

Figgy wrote:
Thanks!

Time for the idea to pass to the next generation of Shovelin' Boyz.

I'mma make one.

I gotta ask though, do you count that as a two handed weapon? Choppa? How is that one armed? And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_razz

I armed him with an axe Razz... thought that the shovel must have a cutting edge Wink
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 19:01

Awesome! I have both the orc raider models and I was about top purchase Snikrot and make him my boss, but decided to make a black orc warband instead after seeing that you beat me to the idea! And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 2194 (modifying it to make it actually orcy by taking away speed skills and giving the young'uns str skills)

So I am using the figure that came with the special edition of Warhammer online as my boss. Can't really customize it, but it's beautiful as is. I will have to post pics of some of my converted orcs once I have em painted up...

Well done And! You and WBK have been big inspirations to me and my green side.
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 19:07

Sounds awesome dude! I am currently not using my orc warband since i got tied up with reiklanders instead Razz

And now im wandering off to The Possessed, so i dont know if my orcs will se battle for a while ( OR EVER!!!! :O)

Im glad that we inspired you. WBK inspired me and since i inspired you, why not let the circle stay closed and let WBK be inspired by you? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5