Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)

Go down 
+11
werekin
Eliazar
DeafNala
Pfreck
Admin Tom
Ezekiel
Von Kurst
Lanyssa Ryssyll
matt
lord siwoc
cianty
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:17

matt wrote:
about the crop circels, if it wasn't for me, pfreck would have also left his glass on the table, that'd make two circles. so I cause one and prevented one, and 1-1 is zero Razz.

Ha ha, awesome maths! Laughing

matt wrote:
and you still broke two of my dear ogres Evil or Very Mad !

Yeah... pale

But at least now they are properly glued together and not just fixed with green stuff. Wink Razz

AND... if it wasn't for me you'd have gone home with no Ogre at all. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:34

Yeaaah.. that was quite stupid, wasn't it Razz? and last time they were also glued! do you find it that weird that models break if you throw them on the ground lol! ?

Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 20:52

So, I am back home (finally), and shall start off with a big thanks to you all for such a great weekend, fun battles etc; an even bigger THANKS to cianty for hosting the meeting and bearing the stupid jokes of Ezekiel and me all the time, to his girlfriend for bearing with us a whole weekend and last but not least a big thanks to Ezekiel and cianty for loosing the scenario which should have been a sure win after I bravely (or stupidly) sent half my warband to fend of the Ogre horde...

I will later start sorting through all the pictures and write up some battle reports etc., plus take pics of my warband, reveal my newest conversion plans... you'll see Wink
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:09

Stupid jokes?!

WTF?

I thought them all -and I mean ALL of them- BRILLIANT! Wink

and the losing the scenario was merely because of the fun factor included in that! having matt brag about winning and pawning, then seeing him off in that last battle, only to let his neglegted teammate win victory for himself! hahah
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:17

Ezekiel wrote:
and the losing the scenario was merely because of the fun factor included in that! having matt brag about winning and pawning, then seeing him off in that last battle, only to let his neglegted teammate win victory for himself! hahah

Yeah, we obviously did that on purpose. Come on!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:31

lol!
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 12:29

It's been more than a week, where are the rest of the pics?!

We wantz group pictures and battle reports! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 12:33

I am still waiting for Ezekiel to send me some pics, after that, I'll write up some reports Smile
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 14:18

Yeah... I'll be home tonight... and fix that little delay...
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep 2009 - 15:50

Absolutely top notch adventure gentlemen!!

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep 2009 - 16:03

werekin wrote:
Absolutely top notch adventure gentlemen!!

Regards,

Werekin.

And the best part, the final Siege, is even still missing! bounce
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep 2009 - 18:02

Eli.. you have the pictures now... you know you do... so post them tales!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep 2009 - 17:27

Ezekiel wrote:
Eli.. you have the pictures now... you know you do... so post them tales!!! Smile

Yeah, sorry folks, I was visiting a friend on Tuesday and ended up staying there until today, so I did not have the opportunity to write anything yet.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep 2009 - 19:13

Don't you know any responsibility?! or worse still... does your vacation last forever?!?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep 2009 - 19:19

Just two more weeks or so, then these 5 tough months are over Wink
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 0:25

Alright folks!

It took me a long time, but eventually, I managed to get done with all the parties and travelling around and managed to sit down, choose cool pictures and write some text. As we have stated so many times, the meeting was great fun, and I want to start with a group shot of the five lucky gamers who made it all the way to Bremen to enjoy a weekend full of BTB madness on cianty's awesome boards.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 01_gro10

(from left to right: matt, Eliazar (that's me! With a new haircut), Pfreck, cianty, and Ezekiel (Happy birthday again!)

It all started peacefully with the Last Orders scenario, and matt did not know what was soon to happen...

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 02_mat10

… which is, that German beer bottles are dangerous Very Happy

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 03_tri10

He was not fast enough to hide his little accident, though he tried.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 03_emb10

Ezekiel was a little more lucky, and he seemed to like the beer, even though it was just Beck's.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 03_ez_10

Anyway, as you will soon see, we were really busy taking pictures (as always)

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 04_tak10
Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 04_mor11
Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 04_eve11

The whole event was a lot of fun...

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 05_fun10

...but not always, as there was serious concentration going on, too...

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 05_ser10

...and cianty even burnt his finger and had to cool it for quite some time Wink

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 05_inj10

Yes, kids, wargaming is dangerous!

So, this is my little introduction, reports are soon to follow. Unfortunately, I was not working anymore when doing my warband, so I did not manage to write up a story for them during the endless hours behind the desk, so it will be more general accounts and pics and not all that fluff stuff, I suppose.

PS: Cianty, could you perhaps indicate in the topic title that there are some more pics in here eventually?

Sure thing! Smile
- cianty
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 1:00

Yay, pictures! cheers

Haha, that epic Failure picture of Matt is awesome! I guess the picture isn't going to stay there for long, because Matt will probably abuse his Mod-powers to remove it! Razz

Looking forward to the reports, Sascha! bounce

PS. What was so interesting about my hand again? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 1:24

Definately too much Eli Crotch(R) in the group shot for my taste. Razz

And too much me in three of them... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 1:45

Pfreck, it shows how dedicated you are when throwing your dice. It looks almost like karate, and not just like some lazy rolling Wink

And cianty, I'm really sorry, but I haven't got any other shorts Sad It's Ezekiel's fault, anyways. He should have rested the camera in some higher place.

[This game of cart racing was just invented at the meeting, Ezekiel and I are currently writing down the rules and clarifying some stuff. We actually played two games, but in the first one, the cart crashed just in turn one and everyone who was still alive afterwards was eaten by hungry warhounds of chaos. Thus, I'm just going to write about game 2.]

Feng Lu-Whei was leaning idly on his longbow. He was on watch on the wall surrounding Chia-i, a small village near the great town of Nangau. Even though the sentinels further out in the wild did not report any danger, it was safer for the villages along the western [?] border to stay alert, for there were always some marauders, hobgoblins or wild hounds slipping through the tight net of vigillance. The sun was burning hot, and Feng was just about to sit down and doze like his two companions, as he heard a low rumbling, which approached from the south and rapidly grew louder. When he was looking in the direction, he could see a large cloud of dust appearing at the horizon.
His heart beating faster, he woke up his companions: “Look, down there, something is approaching fast!”
“What's that?” grumble Han Wu-Fa, who was not happy at all to be woken up.
“Looks like a cart that's being chased”, replied Sho Chi-Sho, “seems like it's being chased by something.”
“You two stay here”, shouted Feng, “I'll go and warn the folks at the gate.”

As Feng was running towards the gate, the object came closer. It was indeed a cart, and it was being chased by several large hounds, terrifying beasts of Chaos.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 01_the11

Even more were joining them from all directions, drawn to the prey by the barking of their fellow beasts. The cart's driver, a young man, was leashing madly at the horses, while two marksmen where shooting from the roof of the cart. Han and Sho pulled some arrows from their quiver, and started firing at the fast moving hounds.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 02_bra10

Sometimes, the bowmen and the marksmen did indeed hit one of the dogs. While, some of them died, most only stumbled and ran after the cart almost unhampered. And those hounds who died were soon replaced by twice as many other hounds joining in the chase. The cart was also hit and swerved a little, but mostly, the dogs just bit into the wood of the vehicle and did not cause any damage. The snapping jaws spurred the poor horses even more.

Feng and his comrades at the gatehouse did not manage to close the gate in time, and the desperate driver thought he'd try his chance of getting rid of the beast by driving through the village.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 03_thr10

However, the plan did not work out, and while the bowmen tried to reach the other wall to give continued support to the cart, the hounds stormed through the village, attacking the cart from the front and from behind, jumping at the horses and crew alike.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 04_in_10
Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 04_and10

Fortunately for the cart and crew, Sigmar was smiling at them and they even escaped the narrow and dangerous streets of the town unharmed.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 04_the12

(oh, wait, that's just Ezekiel and an overexposed background)

As it turned out, the luck did not last for long, as even more hounds were waiting outside the gate, charging as soon as the cart came in sight.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 05_out10

Some more daring beast stood right in front of the cart, jumping over it just in time to not get run over, snapping at the crew. The marksmen, however, managed to fend of any vicious jaws with their bolts and daggers.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 06_jum10

Corpses were already littering the path of the chase, but there was still no end to the hounds. Eventually, after a few more minutes of desperate struggle, the high walls of Nangau came into sight. A horn was already sounded and the great gates began to open, as the cart sped along the road, an enormous pack close behind.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 07_alm10

When the valiant humans came nearer to the wall, a volley of arrows flew in their direction, just over the cart and right into the chasers. The driver leashed the horses one last time and finally slipped through the narrow opening of the gate, which closed just behind them.

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 08_saf10

The driver brought the cart to a halt. Some townsfolk approached them, and as they started to relax again, they could just hear how the arrows of the town's soldiers turned the last barks into wretched whimpers.

[Alright, that's it for today, now I gonna kill some more zombies and then I'm off to bed Wink]
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 9:31

Looks like you all had a great time!!!!!

And Matt will be hearing about that beer accident for a loooooooooong time hehe.

Good pics, almost gets the feeling of being there in the streets!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 10:03

COOL PHOTOS & REPORT, a FINE LOOKING GAMING BOARD, & a MERRY GROUP of PLAYERS...what more could you ask!? thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 14:11

What a joke, you call it a meeting ? Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Not so many pics, just one report, and no crazy pictures of the famous flying monks ??? Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Affraid Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_geek
(and I don't take into account that you didn't finish the paintjob of your warband Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_evil )

Don't care about me, I'm just jealous Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Lol It seems to be an excellent moment for you, and Matt, as I said the last time, "the fortune's wheel rolls" Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Hope we can do that kind of meeting more often Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 14:15

Sascha's overdue with more pics and reports I believe. I still have some pic to upload but I am waiting for others to do theirs first. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 14:22

Hehe, I like the reports you already posted, but I hope you'll not forget to share more here with us Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_bounce

AND I WANT MORE MONKS !!! Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 885511
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 14:35

Unfortunately the poor little monks got their ass whooped by the brutish Maneaters - like pretty much any warband that faced Matt that week-end. *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)   Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen 2009 (UPDATED WITH PICS!)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next