Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Question on Dwarf Axes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Endakil
Champion
Champion
Endakil

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Empty
PostSubject: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 15:44

Quote :
Dwarf Axe
15 gold crowns
Availability: Rare 8 (Dwarfs only)

Maybe this is a quite rookie question, but I'm re-taking Mordheim and I will be helping my gf to create her Dwarf Treasure Hunters warband soon; may a starting warband buy dwarf axes just paying for them as any other kind of ordinary weapon (as a sword or spear)?

Thank you in advance Razz
Back to top Go down
http://frikidiario.blogspot.com/
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 16:28

I could be mistaken, but I believe your starting warband may only buy items listed on their warband equipment list. Anything else must be bought / rolled-for at a later time (after at least your first game).
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 16:44

Of course you could house rule this for the specific warband
Back to top Go down
rain9441
Champion
Champion
rain9441

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 18:19

A warband can buy any of the items on their starting equipment list at the cost listed upon creation. But after your first game you must abide by the rarity of the items and the cost associated with those items listed in the trading post.

So for starters, you can equip all your guys with dwarven axes (You can even buy extras). But after game 1, they become rare 8.

The other thing to note about this is that Gromril armor says it costs 75 gc on the dwarf equipment list. If you buy gromril armor when you create your warband you pay 75, but after game 1 you must search for gromril armor as it will be rare, and you will be paying 150 gc, not 75. Even though it specifically states this in the dwarf warband list, it applies to all items. So a human mercenary warband still has to pay 30gc for a dueling pistol and has to roll for rarity after game 1, even though it is listed as 25gc in the roster.
Back to top Go down
Endakil
Champion
Champion
Endakil

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 20:54

Thank you guys Smile
I was into dwarven axes just for the parry ability... because it looks hard to find some sword that fits on dwarves (in style and hands) ^^
Back to top Go down
http://frikidiario.blogspot.com/
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 21:15

On the up side, when you realize that armour sucks in this game, you can sell your Gromril back for 75gc (half its listed price) so you lose nothing for trying it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on Dwarf Axes   dwarf - Question on Dwarf Axes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on Dwarf Axes
Page 1 of 1