Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?

Go down 
+4
benny_89
Asp
FKSN
Arathorn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Arathorn
Captain
Captain
Arathorn

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Empty
PostSubject: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 16:25

Hi guys,

I'm working on a new warband (well, 3 to be true(A) ), and one of them is a Witchhunter themed warband. But I'm not that happy with the warband in the Mordheim book. The options are to limited in my oppinion. I can't imagine a wealthy succesful witchhunter captain not having a pair of dueling pistols for example.

What I was thinking is fielding a Marienburg list with Witchhunter models. This was how I thought it.

Captain - Witchhunter captain themed
Champion - Two other Withhunters or a henchman
Youngbloods - A Witchhunter apprentice or a local from the village acting as guide for the warband?

Warriors - Guards and soldiers from the local town or count.
Marksman & Swordsman - Soldiers wearing black uniforms, send from altdorf to act as a bodyguard and arms for the Witchhunter

Playing Marienburg would give me another 100 GC to start with, and it shows that the Witchhunters are equipted with the best of the best.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 16:39

That's precisely the route I prefer taking when I feel the fluff and rules don't match. Your plan should work perfectly, and you can bring in more of the feel you're going for with the addition of hired swords.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009 - 16:49

i just gave witch hunters duelling pistols on their list
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
benny_89
Hero
Hero
benny_89

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009 - 7:25

i love the idea of witch hunters, however my view is a little different to the norm. i see my witch hunters as more like D&D paladins and clerics. busting undead face with there maces and flails. if u'v seen my models u'd know i try to represent that. surely there are a few rag tag dog on a string types but psh its mordheim there always is and all the best paladins kno how to insight a blood thirsty rabble out of the local tavern after all.

as for rules imo pick the warband with the rules and weapons that best suites ur warbands idea and then create ur warband around it. like my female warrior priest, whos to say there isnt a band of marienburg dudes who arnt 100% fanatical (thus dont get the burn the witch rule) but still like to call them selves witch hunters.

just cos games work shop sticks some fancy clothes on there models and calles them fopish dosnt mean they have to be just that.

imagination is the key to a super fun personalised warband. use the set rules but give it ur own feel, my two cents.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 3:55

Benny: Well, if you're looking for a more 'cleric' style warband, look out for Brahm's 'Protectorate of Sigmar' . You can find them at http://www.brahmsbook.com/, or look in the 'Letters of the Damned' sticky. I forget which issue it was.

Arathorn: Definitely. With 'Weapons Training', I can imagine that you'd be able to use the 'Flaming Brazier'. Pick up some wardogs (as equipment). As FKSN mentioned, I think there's a 'Warrior Priest' Hired Sword. With your extra 100gc, I'm sure you can pick one up at start-up.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:30

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Benny: Well, if you're looking for a more 'cleric' style warband, look out for Brahm's 'Protectorate of Sigmar' . You can find them at http://www.brahmsbook.com/, or look in the 'Letters of the Damned' sticky. I forget which issue it was.

I think they were in LoD #3. If you have any questions on them, I just played them at the Boring Mordheim Meeting in Bremen.
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 12:29

in my opinion the rules from the rulebook for the witch hunters are fine, its true that they cant be more than 12 models, but i like the rules.
the problem is that i dont like the minis of the workshop for them. i think that they are very poor and i prefer to create some minis for playing. In my case i have to use the comand group of the bretonian archers for the witch hunters and for one celot. with the crossbows of the imperial troops and the torches of the bret. archers and flagelants looks very fine. I use the mini that is in the box of the new giant (the country man that is running) for a celot and the other models are Johan Van Hall (i cut the pistols and i put a crossbow and a torch) and a sigmar priest and a flagelant too.

im agree with all of you about using another rules for diferent warbands, i think that it give more interest to the game.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 12:39

xarly22 wrote:
the problem is that i dont like the minis of the workshop for them.

Wow. While I think their rules are super boring I absolutely love the GW Witch Hunter minis. They are amongst the most flavourful and stylish ones for Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 17:09

its only my opinion cianty Smile

its true that the minis of the witch hunters are great, but i dont like a lot for their, i have imagined always the witch hunters diferent, like the Johan Van hall mini or the warhammer quest mini, or the witch hunter of the pc game warhammer online, the witch hunter of the 40k witch hunters...
but, its only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?   Warband - Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternatives to the Witchhunter warband?
Page 1 of 1