Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Gencon in Indianapolis, USA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Empty
PostSubject: Gencon in Indianapolis, USA   Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 14:41

Gencon. Anyone attending?

I hardly ever go now that its in my home town, but some coworkers have been talking it up and its just down the street...

If you've got a car, stop by the VMC's game night at the Game Preserve in Greenwood IN and say 'hi'!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Gencon in Indianapolis, USA   Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2009 - 2:00

I wish I was there! I was there for two years and only made it once. LOL.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Gencon in Indianapolis, USA   Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009 - 11:02

The closest I've ever come to attending GenCon was financing my eldest son's trip there. Sad
BTW Wyrd is doing demos of their new skirmish game, Malifaux, at booth 1423, And actual gaming in the evenings in room 201. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gencon in Indianapolis, USA   Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009 - 14:58

@Wyrd--Nice booth. Cool minis and a really great demo table. Steampunk western town very sweet.

Observation on Scale. Many miniature companies are reducing the scale of their offerings to true 25 or less. Others like Rom Bones are pushing 30mm to 32mm. As far as the reduced scale is concerned, I was talking to Julie Guthrie (not because I know her but because she is a nice person and will talk to convention geeks.) Anyway she reminded me that metal prices are crazy, so scaling down is a way to reduce costs. The scaling up is anybodies guess. Either way I didn't spend as much money as I would have because some minis where too small and others were too big... (This was not necessarily a bad thing...)

Price. This fits in with the above. Minis were expensive at the Con. I did overindulge in a Clearance booth selling off Rackham.

Acquisitions: Black Scorpion Pirates. Freebooter Pirates. MicroArt Orc bodies wearing great coats. MicroArt Conquistador heads. Rackham Goblin Pirates and misc. characters. Resin barrels, crates and other little incidental things bought at 50 cents a piece.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Gencon in Indianapolis, USA   Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009 - 15:20

@Von Kurst: Sounds like a worthwhile visit. Enjoy your new toys, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gencon in Indianapolis, USA   Gencon in Indianapolis, USA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gencon in Indianapolis, USA
Page 1 of 1