Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Death Squads - GREAT NEWS

Go down 
+5
Paluke
DeafNala
Eliazar
Da Bank
Mordheimer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 22:26

@Myntokk. You are right on the SOB they cold be modeled very similiar to Sisters of Sigmar but get them some update weapons and it would be almost good to go.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 22:42

Sisters: And while I don't now much about the 40k verse, I THINK they are a different branch of the Imperium from the IG. Being human means they won't to TOO hard to balance, but still provides a non-IG group to clash with.

Hive: Well, I can't find much on the internet... although one site suggested that they were one of the few types of 40k troops that could take Stubbers (or, in Death Squad, 'slugga's.) I'll try to churn out a Hiver Squad sometime in the next week or two, after I've had a more thorough look at the rules. Odds are, they'll have a Shotgun and a Heavy Slugga special weapons (indentical or similar to the Ork Shoota & Big Shoota.)

Should they be called:
~'Hivers' - (Necro centric, but can imply Necro Militia, working with the IG, or gangsters having broken out)
~Gangers/Gangsters - (giving them a possible Hive background, but not required)
~Militia - giving them a DEFINITE IG tie, with an optional link to the Hive (or possibly, a rebel militia.)

Personally, as much fun as the Hivers are, I like the idea that it can be tied to ANY locale, without the requiring the question "How would a Necromundan end up HERE?" So while the variations would easily fit any Hive Gang, it can just as easily represent a similar brutish force that was never heard of Necromunda.

I like the idea of one of the gang variations being an overzealous one, so it can accomodate Cawdor OR Redemptionists (or, for that matter, any non-mutated cult.) The bigger the umbrella, the better.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 0:41

Hi pals.

Do you have to register to your site to see the rules? I'm not registered yet, but I must say following your links I couldn't find them.

Also...

I don't want to offend anybody, and I undestand this may seem like a minor point to you, but... I have severe eyesight troubles, one of wich is I'M COLOR BLIND.

Now, I don't know how many colorblind people there are out there, but pages like yours are A NIGHTMARE for us.

I mean, TINY RED WRITTING OVER BLACK?

I just avoid such places as they make me strain my already damaged eyes.

Hope you consider this if someday you decide to revamp your page.

Thanks a lot and best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 0:58

@Mago: Yes, you have to register to get the rules as we keep that forum private.

Sorry about the red color on the website. check it out if you can.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 1:10

@Styro

SOB are space marine tough but a little different.
Sisters of Battle are essentially Warhammer 40k's female equivalent of Space Marines, and are warriors devoted to the Emprah. Although they lack the genetic modification of their beefier brethren, they also wear power armour and are armed mainly with the eponymous Bolter. The Sisters of Battle are also known as the "Daughters of the Emperor", and officially as the "Adepta Sororitas". They are more colloquially known by players as "Bolter-bitches" or "Nuns with guns".
The Sisters of Battle are part of the Ecclesiarchy, the religious arm of Imperial government, and often work closely with the Inquisition. They have somewhat of an obsession with the purifying effects of flame, and generally choose equipment that allows them to cover their enemies with as much holy promethium as possible. This philosophy is most obviously exemplified by the Immolator tank, essentially a modified Rhino with giant flamethrowers stuck on it. They also own a giant mobile organ that sprays missles like a garden hose, yep they do some missle spam too.

Exactly, on not being tied to any one place that is why the "pirate/merchant raider" works well as they can be found all over the place. The corect title is Rogue Traders. They sell to both Imperium and Xenos. Hives are found throughout the imperium.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 1:44

magokiron wrote:
I don't want to offend anybody, and I understand this may seem like a minor point to you, but... I have severe eyesight troubles, one of which is I'M COLOR BLIND. Now, I don't know how many colorblind people there are out there, but pages like yours are A NIGHTMARE for us. I mean, TINY RED WRITTING OVER BLACK?

Hmmm never though about that. Sorry. What can we do to help? I checked the site and there is no implementation on an alternate template... but I will check around and see what we can do implement the idea (and thus make it more accessible to you and others with similar issues). I would appreciate your help and guidance to make necessary fixes. If not, we can change the theme with relative ease... we just have to think of a nice theme,

Please PM me with details. Thanks for your help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 2:48

Hadn't thought of that, but Rogue Traders would be a good theme for the hiver/militia/disgruntledlocals squad theme.

As DaBank put it, Sisters are basically Space Marines without the rigorous genetic enhancement. They're better equipped and more skilled than the IG, and generally speaking more devout and loyal to the Inquisition, but conversely are lacking in the indoctrination and superhuman abilities of their battle-brothers, the marines.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 4:30

Sisters: Hmm. Well, they might have to be nerfed, but I think an inquisition-style warband sounds fun. Anyone for Hand Flamers, Flamers, and Napalm / Promethium Grenades? (insert holy hand grenade jokes here)

Rogue Traders: That actually works really well. To incorporate all of the different feels, I was going to let each player choose two different categories: Motivation, and Skills. [NOTE: have not read fully all of the rules. I'm just spit-balling here, and giving rough examples. More specific rules to come later.]

MOTIVATION: Gives the 'why' for the group. Mostly effects alliances and RPing, but also has a mild effect on the game...

~Militia - You're in the army now! Whether by writ from the Imperium, the call of duty, or simple pressganging, your gang is now a member of the IG. They receive no smuggling bonus in the end of each post game, but count Boltguns as -2 rarity, and may hire Hired Guns available to the IG.

~Indentured- Your squad is working hard to pay back a MASSIVE debt - possibly they are lower members of a Crime Syndicate, or were former Pit Slaves, or payed a massive fee to escape the Hive. Whatever the cause, they are fighting desperately to pay their creditors back, or they start losing limbs! You always sell resources as one bracket higher (ex. treat 7-9 as 10-12). However, the first time you take a Rout test, you may reroll the result if the test is a failure, accepting the second result- your men know what's at stake if they should lose!

~Mercenaries - Your squad lives solely for the money, and are willing to steal, double-cross, or assassinate their own grandmothers for the right coin. Before any game, any other player may put in writing a contract request with you, with a payment in credits or equipment should the objective be met. This may be a specific request (ex. "I'll give you 15 credits to take out Jimmy's Ork Nob",) or a generic contract (ex. "I'll pay you 2D6 credits not to attack me.") The Mercenary player should, out of courtesy, respond yes or no to the contract. If the contract is fulfilled, the player who commissioned it is required to pay the fee. However, the Mercenary play is by no means required to fulfill the contract, even if he agreed to it... he should note, however, that he is not allowed to be paid in advance, and can only receive payment for contracts that are fulfilled!

~Zealots! - The Rogues are filled with the fervor of the righteous! Perhaps their leader is a member of the Inquisition, or they're a group of freedom fighters, or are just completely insane. Whatever the reasons, they are driven toward a cause and will not falter! Whenever the squad fails a rout test, roll 1D6: on a 5+, the squad remains on the board! However, whenever the squad attempts to Voluntarily Rout, they must make the same roll: on a 5+, they are overcome with battlelust and stay where they are! Also, the squad may now, in addition to its normal recruits, hire '0+ Workers' from the Imperial Renegade Squad list. Zealots may not choose 'Smugglers' as a Skill Set type.

FOUR SKILL SETS- Each has equipment lists to match the different types.
~All -around
~Close Combat
~Shooting
~Techno / Smuggling

SMUGGLING: SPECIAL ABILITY

In the post game, any ONE surviving Officer, instead of looking for a Rare Item, may attempt to make money Smuggling. You may roll any number of D6s from one to six. Roll the dice, and total the result: your squad has made that many credits. However, if any of the dice are doubles, your officer has been arrested. He misses the next game, and will continue to miss further games until you pay his bail (the bail being equal to the dice total he rolled when he was arrested.)

You may only have one officer attempt to smuggle each Postgame phase. A hero that has missed a game and then has his bail payed immediately after the game does not roll on the Exploration chart, as he missed the last game.

Ex. You decide to roll 4 dice for Sneaky Pete. He rolls a 3, a 5, a 6, and a 6, for a total of 20. if he hadn't rolled a double 6, he would have made 20 credits... but the double 6s means he's off to the brig! After the next game, you may pay his bail, but it is set at the same amount as Pete rolled before: in this case, 20 credits. If the player can't pay the 20, stays in jail until the player can pay!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 16:03

@Stryo. Have you read the rulebook yet?
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 6:46

Er, ashamedly, not yet. I had a little spare time yesterday and today to poke at it, without reading it cover to cover. Tomorrow I resume my 16-hour work days... pale

...and nearly all spare time will be spent on a project for an Anime Convention my sister, our colleague & I are going to (we have a booth in the Artist's alley.) No rest for the wicked.

I'll try to repost this all on the DSq site when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 13:15

@Stryo...you seem to be quite busy. First read over the rulebook so you see how things are going and how the rules are set up. This should give you a good feel for the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - GREAT NEWS   Death Squads - GREAT NEWS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Squads - GREAT NEWS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2