Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*

Go down 
+6
Tewfik
Burlok Blackaxe
Svenn
StyrofoamKing
Johnson
Dulu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:28

Tewfik wrote:
Dulu wrote:

- All advance rolls, serious injuries, rare item hunting, and income/exploration rolls will be made as a group, with everyone watching.

As far as equipment goes are we going to be using the Opulent Goods and YOCS?? or just standard equipment list for now...

Possibly open up the others as we 'explore' the city and "find" the wandering merchant with the Opulent Goods or the YOCS?? Very Happy

For starting the Warband, standard equipment. After certain games, perhaps we can 'unlock' different merchants! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:29

As far as the DH weapon thing goes... are we using the -1 str to offhand rule??

And logically I see where your coming from and it makes sense to me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:32

Tewfik wrote:
As far as the DH weapon thing goes... are we using the -1 str to offhand rule??

And logically I see where your coming from and it makes sense to me...

Yeah, we can do -1 str on offhand attacks for henchmen. (I think its fair to consider that once a model is a hero, they're sufficiently skilled enough to dual wield without a penalty)

Is that agreeable to you?
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:40

Im fine with that, tho Svenn may say otherwise... yesterday we held a game day at my house and used the new rule for every model, Hero's and Henchmen alike...

Tho I made the argument that for weapons that come in pairs such as Fighting Claws or Weeping Blades (for Skaven) this rule doesn't seem to fit... as having to use them in pairs would suggest that they were trained in the art of dual wielding...
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:46

Tewfik wrote:
Im fine with that, tho Svenn may say otherwise... yesterday we held a game day at my house and used the new rule for every model, Hero's and Henchmen alike...

Tho I made the argument that for weapons that come in pairs such as Fighting Claws or Weeping Blades (for Skaven) this rule doesn't seem to fit... as having to use them in pairs would suggest that they were trained in the art of dual wielding...

I see. Well, with the new rules to make DHW's more attractive, I think its fair to only make the penalty apply to henchmen... Besides, from my understanding, the purpose of having the rule is to make club/dagger henchmen groups less appealing, not to nerf heroes who invest in expensive dual weilding setups like Weeping Blades, Fighting Claws, etc.

Also - how do you feel about the armor bonuses Svenn brought up?

5+ for shields in CC is fine, but what about 5+ for Light Armor and 4+ for Heavy Armor? (This would also help bring about the reduced effectiveness of dual weilding)
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 18:16

would the armor still be 1/2 price??
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 18:21

Dulu wrote:

Quick rule question for you guys, how do you feel about a rule that would make Double Handed weapons a little more viable? I think allowing Double Handed weapons to have their weapon-types special ability would be fair..

For example: Double Handed Axes would be +2 Strength and an additional -1 Armor Save, and Double Handed Maces would have concussion.

(My train of thought is that buffing a weak aspect, is better than nerfing a strong one when it comes to balance... so by making DH weapons more attractive, it cuts back on the appeal of dual weilding)

Thoughts?
I think I like this idea. Double hand weapons do need a little something to make them more in line with other weapons.

I'll play whatever rules people agree on, but if you look in the dual wielding thread you'll see that apparently even with -1 to hit, -1 to str AND no crits, that DW is still mathematically better than using a shield at +2AS (though not by much at that point). Just something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 2:32

Svenn wrote:
Dulu wrote:

Quick rule question for you guys, how do you feel about a rule that would make Double Handed weapons a little more viable? I think allowing Double Handed weapons to have their weapon-types special ability would be fair..

For example: Double Handed Axes would be +2 Strength and an additional -1 Armor Save, and Double Handed Maces would have concussion.

(My train of thought is that buffing a weak aspect, is better than nerfing a strong one when it comes to balance... so by making DH weapons more attractive, it cuts back on the appeal of dual weilding)

Thoughts?
I think I like this idea. Double hand weapons do need a little something to make them more in line with other weapons.

I'll play whatever rules people agree on, but if you look in the dual wielding thread you'll see that apparently even with -1 to hit, -1 to str AND no crits, that DW is still mathematically better than using a shield at +2AS (though not by much at that point). Just something to consider.

I'll add in the rule for no crits with off-hand attacks.

Svenn - can you post/link your Warband's roster?
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 2:38

Tewfik wrote:
would the armor still be 1/2 price??

What do you mean?

Basically, my idea was that armor prices would remain standard (50gc for Heavy, 20gc for Light) but each armor save would be improved by 1.

Light Armor would confer a 5+ save
Heavy Armor would confer a 4+ save
Shield would be 5+ in Close Combat, and 6+ in Shooting

Model with Heavy Armor and a Shield would have a 2+ save in close combat, 3+ in shooting (Before save modifiers) and would suffer the same -1 Movement penalty.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 16:28

I don't know what roster I'd be using. I keep trying out new tactics. Smile I'll see what I can do at some point. I can't guarantee that I can show up yet either.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009 - 17:29

Svenn...post this gaming event over on the Yahoo Mordheim forum, there might be a few people over there that don't know about this.
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009 - 8:53

That would be great!

The more the better!
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009 - 9:44

BUMP!

Lets go guys!

Need atleast 2 people other than John and me to make this worthwhile! Hopefully Tewfik and Svenn can come, but we arent sure yet!

Need some responses! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009 - 19:04

90% chance ill be able to make it...

we may be able to get a 4th at the store... Ive seen a few ppl there painting and when I mentioned mordhiem they perk up... so I know there are a few people there that would possibly play.
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009 - 7:11

Tewfik wrote:
90% chance ill be able to make it...

we may be able to get a 4th at the store... Ive seen a few ppl there painting and when I mentioned mordhiem they perk up... so I know there are a few people there that would possibly play.

Ok excellent, Svenn sent me a PM saying that he posted a message on the Yahoo forum group as well.

And as long as Svenn and you will be there, John and me will show up.

I'll call up the people who work at GW Glen Burnie tomorrow, and let them know to inform their regulars that may be interested, to show up on Sunday..
Back to top Go down
ts061282
General
General
ts061282

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009 - 21:23

I'm jealous gents. Wish I could make the drive from over here in Wisconsin. Looking forward to hearing the results.
Back to top Go down
hysteria75
Hero
Hero
hysteria75

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009 - 20:50

im very interested just cant do it this sunday and i have national guard once a month

i play skaven, sisters mecenary and dwarves they need some minor work to get ready though
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009 - 1:35

hysteria75 wrote:
im very interested just cant do it this sunday and i have national guard once a month

i play skaven, sisters mecenary and dwarves they need some minor work to get ready though

We're going to reschedule! So you're in luck.

Post in this thread, or send me a PM of what days work best for you.

Svenn and Tewfik do the same.

From there, we will work out a day where all 5 of us can definitely meet up and play! cheers
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009 - 2:05

Well, weekends (including Friday) are a bit of a toss up for me. My girlfriend lives in Philly so most weekends I'm up there. She's down here now and then and she'd come along (though she can't play yet, as we're still getting her undead models).

I'm not sure if you wanted to do weekdays either, but I can't do Wednesdays.
Back to top Go down
hysteria75
Hero
Hero
hysteria75

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009 - 18:39

Well almost all Fridays and weekends should be fine except for one weekend during the month not sure when the next is for aug. but im definitely interested during the week it maybe by case by case. fair warning though its been 2 yrs since i played mordheim

so the rules will be -str offhand for henchman +1 to armor sv. shield stays +1 against ranged?

i do have one suggestion about "leader killed" ive always played that the leader skill allows you to reroll the "killed" result on the injury table once per game.
Back to top Go down
hysteria75
Hero
Hero
hysteria75

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009 - 20:39

oh i probably will play skaven or marienburger havent decided yet

how are we doing the spell roll
-on site in front of everyone?
-first is chosen?

kinda important if i play skaven so i know how to build the sorceror
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009 - 6:41

hysteria75 wrote:
oh i probably will play skaven or marienburger havent decided yet

how are we doing the spell roll
-on site in front of everyone?
-first is chosen?

kinda important if i play skaven so i know how to build the sorceror

On site in front of everyone! Smile

I'm in the process of figuring out the best day for us to play, stay tuned folks!

Oh - and you should go with the Marienburger's, I think it would be awesome to have us each playing a different race lol.. plus mercenaries need some representation!
Back to top Go down
hysteria75
Hero
Hero
hysteria75

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009 - 0:57

At the moment it will be

Marienburger ----------------------------
captain 60
hvy ar 50
sword 10
bow 10 (might not be shown is that cool or no)
dagger -
shield 5
helm 10

champ(2) 70
lgt ar 40
sword 20
shield 10
dagger -
youngbld(2) 30
sword 20
dagger -
marksman(4) 100
bow 40
dagger 8
dagger -
warriors(3) 75
hammer 9
dagger -

warlock 30
sword (will count it as staff if thats cool) using the Countess Marianna Chevaux model
i might try to convert but model is already painted

total---- 597
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009 - 4:53

hysteria75 wrote:
At the moment it will be

Marienburger ----------------------------
captain 60
hvy ar 50
sword 10
bow 10 (might not be shown is that cool or no)
dagger -
shield 5
helm 10

champ(2) 70
lgt ar 40
sword 20
shield 10
dagger -
youngbld(2) 30
sword 20
dagger -
marksman(4) 100
bow 40
dagger 8
dagger -
warriors(3) 75
hammer 9
dagger -

warlock 30
sword (will count it as staff if thats cool) using the Countess Marianna Chevaux model
i might try to convert but model is already painted

total---- 597

Updated the original post.

Your models do not need to show the Bow or Staff. Just let your opponents know ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009 - 10:07

Svenn wrote:
Well, weekends (including Friday) are a bit of a toss up for me. My girlfriend lives in Philly so most weekends I'm up there. She's down here now and then and she'd come along (though she can't play yet, as we're still getting her undead models).

I'm not sure if you wanted to do weekdays either, but I can't do Wednesdays.

My girlfriend lives in New York, so I feel your pain.

I'm in school, and putting time in at the local Fire Department as an EMT-Firefighter, so my schedule is busy too.

Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday are usually booked for me. On the days I have Friday/Saturday/Sunday off, I'm in New York.

I'll see what can be done, and we will get a date scheduled soon! TM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*   Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store* - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glen Burnie, MD ~POSTPONED~ Campaign *GW Store*
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next