Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Playtesters Wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009 - 20:27

Hey guys, I'm (slowly) working on putting together my own tabletop game. It's still in the early planning stages right now so it's a long ways off. However, I wanted to see if I could get a couple people who would be interested in doing some playtesting for me along the way. It's not quite ready for any testing just yet, but soon I'd like to start with some very basic technical testing.

First of all, here's a little information about what I'm working on. The basic idea is a tabletop game that is kind of a mix of Dungeons and Dragons and Mordheim, with some elements of one of my favorite video games, Monster Hunter. The game will be able to be played by 1-4 players (yes, that's right it's soloable, but of course likely to be more fun with other people) and will be co-operative rather than competitive for the most part (though there may be some competitive aspects). Rather than controlling full warbands, the player will play as a single character (or possibly take on the role of a couple individual characters if not playing with 4 players, though it's entirely possible to play with just 1 character).

Since the game is based around individual characters rather than warbands/armies the stats for characters are a bit more complicated, which is where some of the D&D aspects come in to play. I will not be using GW style stats. Characters can be customized through basic stats (strength, intelligence, etc) and through equipment (with possibly 5 armor slots and weapons, which can be custom crafted).

The basic gameplay will be a series of missions which are similar to Mordheim scenarios but will feature players attempting to work together to accomplish specific goals (which can be as simple as killing a giant monster or more complicated) rather than against each other. There will pretty much always be some sort of enemy to fight that is not controlled by any player but by a specific set of rules governing their actions.

If this sounds like something you are interested in then reply here or send me a PM along with which phase you are interested in. The phases are:
1) Technical - This is just testing basic systems. Things will change a LOT here. Tests here aren't always going to be fun, and in fact could be tedious. I'm looking for maybe 3 or so people for this phase.
2) Gameplay - This is once all the basic system are in place. Things will still be changing fairly often and will likely not be very balanced most of the time. I'll slowly add people to this phase over time, but I want to keep it still at a fairly small group.
3) Pre-Release - This is once the game is mostly finished. There won't be a lot of big changes. By this point the game should be fun. Smile At this point I'll need a lot of people to test to work out all the remaining kinks and things.

Again, please only respond about early testing if you are willing to put some effort in and give feedback, even if it's not necessarily fun! I'm not expecting anyone to go through some gruelling process for me, but I just want to make sure people know that testing isn't always fun (I should know, I'm a professional video game tester!). I don't expect this testing to be incredibly time consuming since I will be developing this in my spare time outside of work and other obligations. This project will likely take many many months to develop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 22:19

hey svenn sounds interesting you should pm Cian Sheildbiter i will also pass the info on to him as we game together so we may be able to help you out with some play testing
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 5:07

Are you going to use dungeon tiles, like Warhamer Quest and etc?
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 5:21

Da Bank wrote:
Are you going to use dungeon tiles, like Warhamer Quest and etc?
I wasn't planning on it, but I just found out about Warhammer Quest. Perhaps I'll have some missions where you can use them, but generally I was going to stick with regular terrain. The challenge comes in with strong monsters whose actions are somewhat unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 13:20

What? Just found out about Warhammer Quest? What rock have you been living on?

Just kidding.

I was going to embarq on such a project a while back and got sidtracked.
I got partially through it. You really need to create rules for being on tiles and LOS, and create some cool ideas and put them in the game.

We ran a few games and we let the Game Master me, create different situations.

There was someone on the Yahoo Mordheim forum who was working on the same thing. I will see if I can find his info and contact info and send to you.

I have pretty all the Warhammer quest tiles pieces scanned so let me know if you need them.
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 14:04

cool! i could perhaps do some playtesting
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 16:52

Da Bank wrote:
What? Just found out about Warhammer Quest? What rock have you been living on?

Just kidding.

I was going to embarq on such a project a while back and got sidtracked.
I got partially through it. You really need to create rules for being on tiles and LOS, and create some cool ideas and put them in the game.

We ran a few games and we let the Game Master me, create different situations.

There was someone on the Yahoo Mordheim forum who was working on the same thing. I will see if I can find his info and contact info and send to you.

I have pretty all the Warhammer quest tiles pieces scanned so let me know if you need them.
Cool. Send me over the tiles and I'll take a look. I'll probably have to read over the Warhammer Quest rules to get an idea as to how they are used there.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 17:20

Svenn...I found the other guy's it is in the Yahoo Mordheim file section under:

Mordheim Dungeon...it is prett good. Needs a few touch ups but good. I will look for my data also. It is on a computer that the Network Interface Card went out on so no internet access to it. I must save it off on a disc and transfer to another computer.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 17:23

Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 17:26

Thanks, I downloaded them all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 17:26

Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty

Keep me posted if you need anything else. I have more saved away.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 17:44

Thanks DaBank.

Looking over this stuff, it looks a little different than the direction I was planning on going for the base game, but it would make a good expansion to it. Most of the missions that I have planned are more open world type stuff.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 17:58

Paluke wrote:
cool! i could perhaps do some playtesting
Sure thing! I'll keep you posted when I need some testing done. Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 19:23

Which one is different the stuff from the Yahoo Mordheim files section or the link I provided?

If it is the links, they were only intended to give you info on Warhammer Quest an how they did dungeons and etc. They will provide some insight to the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playtesters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playtesters Wanted   Playtesters Wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playtesters Wanted
Page 1 of 1