Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Berg Jaeger traps

Go down 
+4
Da Bank
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Horatius
SaittaMicus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SaittaMicus
Warrior
Warrior
SaittaMicus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

traps - Berg Jaeger traps Empty
PostSubject: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 14:20

I have played Averlanders a few times and enjoyed building the traps for my two Berg Jaegers!
But the rule for the traps always confuse me, and the players I play with... (A: p51)

While it seems really simple at first... then someone(Friend or Foe) comes with in 2 inches from the trap they trigger it on 3+, if its triggered they take a S4 hit!
But it's what follows that makes us so confused...

"If the trap did not wound the model or it didn't trigger, the 'victim' may finish his move otherwise he is placed Knocked Down or Stunned 2" from the marker. Regardless whether the trap was triggered or not, the marker is removed."

Was does this mean!?!
Can the trap at best stun the victim?
Or will the victim be Knocked down or stunned if he stays in the traps area?

So far we have played with just the first part, S4 hit on 3+ and remove the trap whether it hits or misses!
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 14:34

You play it correctly Wink .
All it means is that if the model is taken out of action by the S4 hit from the trap you obviously don´t need to place it on the tabletop anymore - you simply remove him like you do with all hits that take models out of action.
Oh, and if the trap misses / fails to wound the triggering model can simply finish it´s move.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 22:51

As an aspiring Averlander player, traps seem like an awesome way to defend areas, but since most buildings have walls 2" high i could see a devious player trying to say they can go through floors and walls, which common sense tells me they can't but the rules fail to clarify. I'll stick with common sense!
Back to top Go down
SaittaMicus
Warrior
Warrior
SaittaMicus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009 - 1:15

Yeah I agree, if the trap is behind a wall it shouldn't be able to be triggered!
Its good they are simple to use, I managed to cover the centre of the battle field with traps once so anyone who would dare to try and run pass it would at least be hit by 3 to 5 traps
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009 - 2:00

Again, common sense must be applied and I would say it wouldn't be set either or change the rules to the trap so that it encompasses a 3 inches radius.
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009 - 19:11

Guess I'm a little late to the discussion, but I actually wouldn't have a problem letting traps work through walls and floors. That might might just be me really liking the image of sharpened stakes shooting out through a crumbling wall, or beartraps on chains suddenly falling through the mouldy wooden roof pirat

That reminds me, I should really incorporate some of those awesome skaven man-traps seen in Warhammer Online in some terrain project one of these days!
Back to top Go down
SaittaMicus
Warrior
Warrior
SaittaMicus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009 - 21:17

You got a point there...
Seeing as traps take a long time to set-up(Stand still for a whole turn and do nothing else)
It might be a nice idea to let them be able to hit something behind a wall/window/door!
Back to top Go down
Dart82
Hero
Hero
Dart82

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009 - 2:29

I have 2 Bergjaegers and I haven't placed one trap yet... I feel there is no need. I would rather shoot every turn then move into position, spend a whole turn placing a trap, and moving back. Even if I cant shoot anyone I wouldnt place a trap - no one goes for my Bargjaegers. I guess I'm lucky.
One question though - I have 2 Bergjargers - can one set off a trap the other has placed? Hard to place traps on a ramp up to your hidey hole if the second guy will trigger the first guys trap.
Back to top Go down
SaittaMicus
Warrior
Warrior
SaittaMicus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009 - 3:42

Dart82 wrote:
I have 2 Bergjaegers and I haven't placed one trap yet... I feel there is no need. I would rather shoot every turn then move into position, spend a whole turn placing a trap, and moving back. Even if I cant shoot anyone I wouldnt place a trap - no one goes for my Bargjaegers. I guess I'm lucky.
One question though - I have 2 Bergjargers - can one set off a trap the other has placed? Hard to place traps on a ramp up to your hidey hole if the second guy will trigger the first guys trap.

The one who sets the trap is the only one who is safe from it!
So if "Berg 1" sets a trap, "Berg 2" can be hit by it!
Back to top Go down
aegrist13
Hero
Hero
aegrist13

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009 - 4:44

Can a Berg Jaeger lay any number of traps or is there a limit?
Back to top Go down
http://agamerspov.blogspot.com
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009 - 5:40

any number, spam those jaws!
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Dart82
Hero
Hero
Dart82

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009 - 8:29

If I can't shoot anyone for a turn I'll just plant a trap at my feet. If anyone tries to charge me they'll hit the trap. It sounds silly that I would be standing practically on my own trap but I can't set off my own. haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berg Jaeger traps   traps - Berg Jaeger traps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Berg Jaeger traps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: