Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer

Go down 
+2
kloudfire
bigoriginal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigoriginal
Champion
Champion
bigoriginal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Empty
PostSubject: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 1:30

Here's a couple pics of my warlock. Its from the empire wizard box set. I think he turned out the best. The planets on the staff are the earth and the moon on the center, then mars and venus on the outside.
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0120
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0121

Here's a few of my reiklander marksman hero. The torso is from the volley box set, and the rest is from the hand gunners box set.Unfortunately the paint is a bit gobbed on in places, since I repainted parts after a conversion...

Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0122
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0123

Heres my troll slayer, the front of the model is lacking a bit of contrast between the hair and the skin tone, but I am happy with how the back turned out. (I just noticed the super red crotch beard that I will make more orange)
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0124
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0125

Next is a beast man for a tzentch themed army. I have always gone nurgle before and have had fun thinking of new conversions. (One of my unpainted mutants is below) I was worried about painting him since I suck with fur, but I am happy how he turned out.
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0126
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0127

The last of the painted models are two skaven. I had a really hard time painting them and they look ok I think. One is my assassin adept, the other is a verminkin. I'm still not sure whether to keep the black paw on the shield. Originally I had the skaven triangle painted there instead
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0210
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0211
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0212

Here is my skaven sorcerer. Its an old plague monk I think. I extended his staff with the staff from the other model in the blister.
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0213

Here is my orc shaman. Haven't thought of a name, but I know his surname is going to be "the short orc". The stilts are from zombie scythes. I am adding a fur cloak as well.
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0214
Finally here is one of my mutants. He is a half breed human/beastman (counts as hooves for +1 M). His left arm holds a bow but it broke before the photo shoot
Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Dsc_0215
My other mutant is going to be a marauder with a third arm. One of my possessed is going to be a ghoul with claws for arms and a scorpion tail. Hes going to be painted blueish black like a scorpion. I haven't come up with what the other possessed will be. (welcome for tzentch themed ideas)

Alex
Back to top Go down
kloudfire

kloudfire

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 4:01

slayers don't wear pants!
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 5:41

I like the beastman.

The way the blue contrasts with the brown fur and red eyes is pretty sweet.

I think an entire warband (or army) of them, would truly be something to behold.

He needs a few touchups though, as I'm sure you're aware, particularly in the axe and necklace area.
Back to top Go down
bigoriginal
Champion
Champion
bigoriginal

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 9:06

I didn't want to stare at dwarf ass and I figured no one else would either Shocked

Thanks Dulu, I will have to fix those up. Yeah I really like the blue as well, it kind of looks ironically regal on beastmen and marauders.

Alex
Back to top Go down
Dulu
Captain
Captain
Dulu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 9:18

bigoriginal wrote:
I didn't want to stare at dwarf ass and I figured no one else would either Shocked

Thanks Dulu, I will have to fix those up. Yeah I really like the blue as well, it kind of looks ironically regal on beastmen and marauders.

Alex

No problem.

I want to make a new Warband (Just to paint/craft the figures basically), and after seeing your model, I'm tempted to make a Beastman warband, rather than a Skaven (Plague Monk themed) warband....

Ugh! Cant decide Sad
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 9:59

VERY COOL STUFF! The Wizard's staff & cloak ARE very nicely done; GOOD choice of colors.
The Beastguy's fur & horns turned out very well; if you add a dot of yellow to the red eyes, you'll get a glowing effect rather than the morning after look.
Theenvenomed look on the first Rat Guy's swords is a nice touch.
All in all WELL DONE! Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
conan the ballbearing
Veteran
Veteran
conan the ballbearing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 12:29

@Dulu for shear painting pleasure go for the Plague Monks, the subtle contrast of the rotting green cloaks against the Skaven fur is very striking, ooh aren't i arty, for gaming i found that the beastmen are a bit easier to use than the plague monks, you just run up and kill anything that moves, whereas the p monks require a bit more thought.
@bigoriginal good idea about the planets, are you starting a warband or just painting whatever takes your fancy
Back to top Go down
bigoriginal
Champion
Champion
bigoriginal

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 19:59

@ DeafNala: I will have to try that out for the eyes. Think it would look good on the skaven too?

@ conan: I am working on about 8 warbands for my wife, friends, and me. None of them have ever wargamed so I am setting everything up so we can play.

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009 - 9:16

bigoriginal wrote:
@ DeafNala: I will have to try that out for the eyes. Think it would look good on the skaven too? Alex

MOST DEFINITELY! For the glowing eyes I start with a base of yellow orange, then a slightly watered down red, &, finally, a dot of yellow. It adds a certain sinister aspect to the mini. Karate
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 0:29

wow! love the pants on the dwarf!! i didnt even realize they werent there in the first place until someone pointed that out! Great Job!!!!

and no.. no one wants to look at a naked dwarfs ass...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer   Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some skaven, chaos, reiklander, warlock and a troll slayer
Page 1 of 1