Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Chair's Log

Go down 
+38
Hadriel Caine
smokezombie
Getze
Paboook
floedebolle
Vent
Oswor
shotguncoffee
Pirexian
El mastodon
pascal the rascal
Aldhick
cianty
widgren
HornedRat
Skavenblight
vampirekhaine
Streetlight Manifesto
Asp
WarbossKurgan
hero
Milliardo
Pfreck
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ezekiel
benny_89
Karitas
mrtn
Fungomungus
Drugart
conan the ballbearing
Torin
Tewfik
DeafNala
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
catferret
Eliazar
Mr.chair
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

Trading Reputation : 0

The Chair's Log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 19:05

All right, I finally have something worth posting. As I mentioned before, I work on a bunch of models simultaneously but only do a small amount of work on each one each session, so results are slow. Without further adieu, the first of my mounted witchhunters and the "war priest". I'm going to load up on the pictures, so beware!

Warrior Priest
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH001
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH010
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH003
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH005
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH007

Witch Hunter:
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH011
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH012The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH013
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH014
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH016
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH017
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH018
The Chair's Log - Page 2 WarriorpriestandWH020

Cookies to anyone who can identify the various bits that went in to the conversions.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 19:41

Awesome work!

Concerning the bits... I'd say lots of Empire knights and pistoliers stuff, and the WH torso seems to be from a Bretonnian Grail Pilgrim.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 19:58

VERY IMPRESSIVE conversions; I partucularly LOVE the GS shoulder armor & chain mail coif on the Warrior Priest.
The cut up on the Grail Pilgim's torso must have evoked many a colorful expression Suspect . EXCELLENT WORK! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Sat 1 Aug 2009 - 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 21:53

These look amazing. Great job combining those bits!
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 22:19

Haha, I can't believe you got the mantel so quickly, Eliazar. I thought that would be a clever deception. You're right, it's from a portly grail pilgrim, and nail on the head DeafNala, I was swearing like a sailor. I'm not too good with my jewellers saw. The blades snap off, or loosen every few minutes. Mix that with clamps that keep slipping and it's certainly a recipe for profanity. I'm glad you guys like them. There are more witchhunters in the works, but I have to take a break because I'm trying to finish a comission for a friend so I can get some $$$ to live off of!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 23:22

Mr.chair wrote:
Haha, I can't believe you got the mantel so quickly, Eliazar. I thought that would be a clever deception.

So, you want my postal address for the cookie?

Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Aug 2009 - 18:17

You must have missed the fine print. Uh, cookie subject to, er something gravity, rotation of the earth, internal combustion, black magic & the occult...
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Aug 2009 - 21:29

Damn Chair, these guys r amazing! Im goin to have to take a day and come get wooped up on by your amazing models!
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Aug 2009 - 21:49

Please do Smile Actually, the more hours I put in to these guys the more they seem to want to perform badly. If I actually finish them they'll probably route before the game even starts!
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Aug 2009 - 9:31

Lol, that would be great! Boost my self-esteem by giving a beatdown to awsome models with my motle crew barely primed warbands Razz. Hey is that store fully stocked up? I need primer and stuff... not that i neeed more models collecting dust but, more the merrier!

-FUngo
Back to top Go down
Karitas
Youngblood
Youngblood
Karitas

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Aug 2009 - 13:40

Those are really nice conversions, along lines i'd like to attempt myself, but I've got a question for you.

what's been holding me back is that I want to do mounted and foot of the same character, and i'm really struggling to find infantry legs that have what I consider "full armour" in the way that a lot of the mounted legs do.

I wonder, are you aware of any?

If not I'll have to butcher and GS heavily to get legs that look the same.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Aug 2009 - 15:41

Karitas wrote:
I wonder, are you aware of any?

I think you could go with the Empire General.
Back to top Go down
Karitas
Youngblood
Youngblood
Karitas

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Aug 2009 - 15:51

True, but If you intend to put 4 or 5 guys on horseback, that's a very expensive warband.

unless you want to get into the legally shady realms of casting.

EDIT_

actualy I just looked at him on a bitz site, and you know what? he's got different footwear standing than he does riding.

which is fine for a battle, where its a pre-battle descision to go mounted or not. but we play a game where you can just hop off your horse.
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 23:01

Sadly there aren't any legs that lend themselves well to being an exact copy. You'll have to either do some extensive conversions or just settle with them looking a bit different. In my experience the models don't end up on foot too often, though, so that makes it slightly less worrisome.
Back to top Go down
conan the ballbearing
Veteran
Veteran
conan the ballbearing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 9:02

Mr.chair, you are an artist. superb converting and green stuff workmanship, your choice of parts and the poses of the minis add further to their quality, and i'm sure that once painted to your usual high standard these will be truly awesome minis
Back to top Go down
benny_89
Hero
Hero
benny_89

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 16:45

ohh la la! ur green stuff work is outstanding. carnt wait to see these bad boys painted
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 21:58

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them. Hopefully I'll get some paint on them some time this century. For now, I'll continue in my time honored tradition and post way too many pictures! This is my third mercenary henchman. I've found that spears are really difficult to position in cool ways, but they're pretty much a necessity for an outrider warband, since you get to strike first and still get the strength bonus on the charge. As such, most of the models have swords modeled, even though I have them equipped with spears on my roster. What a cheater, I know! This guy however, will be truly WYSIWYG, as after trying a dozen different arm positions I managed to make him look all right. The spear was a total pain to construct. I actually made it from four pieces, so getting everything to look straight was sort of a nightmare.
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman002
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman003
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman004
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman005
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman006
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman007
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Witchhunterhenchman008
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 22:11

Wait... are those cuts in his spearshaft? that's a totally awesome idea!! I love the dynamic position in which you model your figures... extremely characterfull!
now PAINT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 19:32

I finished another two Witch Hunters, my lad with talent plus a bearded fellow who looks like he means business, but sadly my camera has decided to die. I looked up the problem on the net and it's going to cost me $125 to fix it...which is frankly more than the camera's worth at this point. Luckily, I happen to know a camera is headed my way as a wedding present, so I'll be back in business in a couple weeks. The last 3 mounted Witch Hunters are all 75% done and will probably be finished by the time I get my picture taking capabilities back. Then...painting.

@Ezekiel: The cuts in the spear haft were sort of an accident, though a happy one. I used a banner pole from the flagellant kit for the main portion of the haft and it had nicks in it already. I just finished off the other pieces of the haft with some nicks of my own to keep it standardized. The great part is that it does, like you noted, look like people have been taking chunks out of this guy's spear as he he blocks their blows with it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 19:53

I've done battle damaged shields & nicked up swords, but it never occured to moi to do that to a spear...VERY CLEVER! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 2:26

I really like the conversions. If you want to have an easier time converting the next spear, check you local hobbytown (or similar model plane/train store) for brass or plastic rods. Plastic would be better b/c you can add those battle damaged cuts to the shaft.
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 1:03

That's not a bad idea, but doing the nicks wasn't too much trouble in and of itself so it's OK for a one off thing. Anyways, I got a new camera so here are the latest two additions to the warband. The First witch hunter is roughly based off of the art in the Mordheim book of the bearded witchhunter, warrior priest and sitting hound. Of course, my version is mounted and also happens to have a pistol, but that was the inspiration. The second guy is my lad's got talent model, and my favorite so far. The last 3 "outriders" are all mostly complete but I probably won't be able to finish them before my honeymoon so it may be a while before they get their own camera time.
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding084
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding085
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding086
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding087
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding088
The Chair's Log - Page 2 MordII
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding089
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding090
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding091
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding092
The Chair's Log - Page 2 Jesswedding093
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 1:22

Awesome! I think I will steal some of this stuff in the not so far future Smile

So you are going to play them as outriders from the Nemesis Crown supplement?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 7:59

My BEST WISHES on your impending DOOM, er...Marriage. cheers
The new Lads are GREAT looking. You've created some minis with a TREMENDOUS amount of personality/character; they look like they rode out of one of the better GW illustrations. EXCELLENT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 12:18

Awesome conversions man! I love the way of everything being mounted, the equipment on their backs is awesome. It adds a lot of character!

I was wondering the same as Eliazar, what rules are you using for them?

Keep it up!

PS. Congrats on your marriage, be sure to come back with loads of new idea's for your warband! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chair's Log
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Painting and Modelling-
Jump to: