Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)

Go down 
+9
Tagnator
lord siwoc
blessed knight
Fungomungus
zelophahad
DeafNala
Von Kurst
Da Bank
WarbossKurgan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 17:02

HOORAY FOR THE LADS IN GREEN! There; that about sums it up. Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 665330
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 23:17

The Ogresuns

Boss: Kommodore Deffgit INFECTED, BS5, T5, Ld9. 2x Club, Step Aside, Crossbow, Lucky Charm, Light Armour
Shaman: Wrydtoof Hogbreff II INFECTED, A2, Oi! Gerroff! (7+), Led'z Go! (9+), 2x Club, Lucky Charm.
Big'Un: Barnacle Nog, BS4, A2, Pit Fighter, Mighty Blow. 2x Club, Crossbow
Ladz got Talent: Scupper Lug INFECTED WS4, BS4, I3, Eagle Eyes. 2x Club, Crossbow
Ladz got Talent: Bad Hook, M3, WS4, BS5, I3, Pit Fighter, Scale Sheer Surfaces, Leg Wound. 2x Club, Crossbow
Ladz got Talent: Fishgutz INFECTED, S4, Sprint, Dodge, Hardened (Immune to Fear). 2x Club, Crossbow

2 Orc Boyz: The Starboard Watch - Throg and Blind Fug INFECTED, BS4, I3, A2. 2x Club, Crossbow
1 Orc Boy: The Larboard Watch - Briney Duff INFECTED, WS4, I3. 2x Club, Crossbow
2 Orc Boys: The Waisterz - Poxy Uzbad and Dubloon Dreg II WS4, BS4. 2x Club, Crossbow
5 Orc Boyz: The Defaulterz - Lubber Snag, Bilge Badlug, Capsize Naz, Boathook Og and Maroon Grub Ld8, 2x Club, Crossbow

2 Goblins: The Kabin Grotz - Dirty Morrgun INFECTED and Dread Pirate RogUrtz, WS3, S4, Ld6. 2x Club
1 Goblin: Da MidshipGrotz - Harpoon Gig INFECTED, I4, Ld6, 2x Club

Treasury: 2gc and 1 Wyrdstone
WBR: 305
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 14:12

Congrats on the win, Boss! Those treasure chests are kinda like a box of chocolates...

Seriously, do the clubs work? I've been thinking that if I model pistols on to my orc pirates they represent clubs, but I likes ta give 'em a taste 'o the cutlass. So most of my heroes have swords or axes.

My new tack is to Weapons Master some blunderbusses into the band. Give those poxy rat packs a surprise!

And hows Blessed Knight doing on his ship combat update?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 15:29

BK's naval stuff: http://www.flameon.co.uk/sartosa4/Yarrpocalypse.pdf (a HUGE PDF I'm afraid!)

Clubs do okay - if the Orcs work in twos (and threes!): one knocks 'em down the other takes 'em out! Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 387809
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 1:30

Nice work! I really suggest you post this in the Seahammer thread on Da Warpath. And I would add a request for a 3 mast ship with a 4 gun broadside for all those Black Pearls out there... Smile
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 16:04

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 PirateGunnerLeft Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 PirateGunnerRight

Week Eight and Nine News

Deluge and Despondency

The weather has closed in on Sartosa again; everyone has battened down hatches and taken refuge below decks. There are signs that the storm will blow over soon and the swashbuckling will resume but for now most buccaneers are riding it out safely in port.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Pirate_in_the_storm_by_peterconc-1

Vercuso has seen a recent upsurge in Corsair aggression; the picaroons have muscled in on four key areas of the shattered harbour, squeezing the other factions out somewhat and wresting control of the majority of the port from the Brethren of the Coast.

The gap in the weekly updates is due entirely to the storm and has no connection whatsoever to the rumours that I am on trial for smuggling Warpstone off of the island to Estallian traders. These baseless accusations will very soon be proven to be simply the wanton vindictiveness on the part of my enemies. I am in no danger of being hung for treason at all. In any way. Nor am I writing this update from a cell beneath the Fortress of the Pirate King.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Wallpaper_harbour_1024x768

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Week_9_a

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Week_9_b

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Week_9_c
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 17:10

The Host of Elanesse

zoglug wrote:
Everybody thought the threat of the Wood Elves had diminished. After two crushing defeats at the hands of the Corsairs, and a brutal battle to ward off the Beastmen of the Swordwind, all trace of the Elves of Athel Loren had vanished.

Rumours had surfaced that the bloodied remains of Elanesse had been found in the Howling Marsh. Others believe the ‘weak’ leading lady had been banished by the elders of the forest, dismayed by her poor leadership. However, only the foolhardy would believe these tales of myth.

During the lull in action, Elanesse’ force had be growing, pulling strength from the 4 corners of the Island, ready to unleash on an unsuspecting foes. Raiding parties quickly reported back to the host, tales of mass weapons of destruction located in Caragio. Short, fiery men, known to be part of the Corsairs, Elanesse sensed retribution.

As the Elves descended on Caragio, thunderous booms could be heard for miles around. Through the clearing, lumbering dwarves could been seen with all manor of contraptions. Elaborate stone throwers, propelled rockets and large bolt throwers protected the surrounding area. This didn’t phase Elanesse.

A hail of arrows rained down from the skies above on the unsuspecting stunties.. Wardancers weaved and swirled, striking blow after blow upon any enemy within their range, whilst the wild riders and glade riders caused havoc bringing the battle from the rear. The Dwarves fought back though, giant bolts struck down many a horse, slaying them in an instant, as great rockets fell from the sky splattering Elves where they stood whilst Dyads appeared as if from nowhere, ripping through the armour of the Dwarves.

The battle raged on for day and night, hanging in the balance as each general commanded their army. As the dust settled in Caragio, both sides had took casualties. But whilst the dwarves trudged from the battlefield, it was Elanesse who stood victorious, living to fight another day. She knew however, this would only infuriate the leaders of the Corsairs and rather than remain, she, and her army slipped back off into the surrounding woods out of sight and sound.

The Naval Alliance have taken Caragio from the Corsairs! :yarr!:
Back to top Go down
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Champion
Champion
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 2:08

I've just spent the last 2 hours reading all the posts! I just needed to find out what happened and how the diffferent gangs fared. Seems like you guy had a wicked gaming campaign.

Great scenery and models too.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 10:15

The continuing adventures of Gordo Rams-Eye's Halfling Catering Corps

zelophahad wrote:
Feels like it's been ages since these little guys had had a scrap - and seems they were out of practice as I lost to Dave's vampire at Hangman Square. However, I did manage to recover enough loot to get Granny Faddock back... and this time I've remembered her warband rating bonus! - this time let's hope I remember she causes fear too! Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 40268

HEROES
Gordo Rams Eye (Halfing Elder)
Bob, The Butcher of Dumplington (Halfling Cook)
Faygin Bolger (Halfling Thief)
Bill (Halfling Youth)
Ted (Halfling Youth)
Tom (Halfling Scout)

HENCHMEN
The Farmers Arms (Halfling Scouts) x5
Leon's Porkers (Piggies) x4
Granny Faddock (Village Ogre)

All now immune to swine flu except Granny Faddock
WR = 278 (16 members)
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 10:17

Yarrrrrr - The Gentlemen of the Inferno

Dazza wrote:
"So Pete what be the news for t'day?"
"Erm, well Cap'n that hairy toed Hamish must av been munching tuck down at the bane again. When we got there the place was over-run with rats and one was bloody big! we just couldn't get rid of em all"
" Like Brian?"
"Yer Cap'n but bigger! we managed to sort that'un out though, we set your sea monkey on it! damn near killed the mangy thing he did, didn't you boy?"
"OOK ook oooook!"
"The wee fellas all geed up now Cap'n, you'd av been proud, I'd say he deserves an award of some sort."
"Ay I agree, lets put it to a vote. T'is a shame about the Bane though, lets put effort into somewhere more worthwhile once I'm up and about"

Oook!

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 IMG_4378

Here's the updated list, changes from today highlighted in bold.

Mad Cap'n one Eyed Willy - Off with injuries 2/3 games played
m4 ws5 bs3+1 s3 t4 w2 i2 a2+3 ld9

Cutlass, knife, pistol
frenzy, mighty blow, strike to injur
misses 3 battles due to injury 1/3 done.

Lobster (cabin boy) - Robbed
m4 ws2 bs1 s4 t4 w3 i4 a1+1 ld6

Cutlas,
expert swordsman, strike to injure, eagle eyes,
blind one eye

Stinky Pete (Mate)
m4 ws4 bs3 s4+1 t3 w1 a1+1 ld7

Cutlass, pistol, blunderbuss
Eagle eyes, trick shot, resilient, Mighty Blow
immune to fear

Squinty Sshsshaking Stevens (Gunner hero)
m1 ws3 bs4 s4+1 t3 w1 i3 a4+1 ld7

Crossbow, knife, cutlass
old battle wound, immune to fear
mighty blow, hunter

Tap Tap Jack (Hero)
m4 ws3 bs4 s3 t3 w2 i4 a2 ld9

Knife, crossbow, cutlass, blunderbuss
Quick shot, nimble

Dapper Dan (Gunner Hero) - Gained new skill 'mighty blow'
m4 ws4 bs5 s3 t3 w1 i3 a2 ld7

Brace of pistols, handgun
Eagle eyes, pistolier, trick shot, unstoppable charge, resilient, nimble, mighty blow
Immune to fear

Sea Monkey (henchmen animal)
m6 ws4 bs0 s4 t3 w1 i4 a1 ld5

Deck hands (Henchmen group)
m4 ws4 bs3 s3 t3 w1 i3 a1+1 ld7

Knife sword

The Outriggers (henchmen group) Graham the bad & Knuckles
m4 ws4 bs4 s3 t3 w1 i3 a1+1 ld7

knife, pistol, cutlass

Hamish Rumbletum (Hired Halfling Scout)
m4 ws2 bs4 s2 t2 w1 i4 a1 ld8

Bow, dagger & cooking pot helmet
Quick shot

WBR rating: 232
Base control score: 77
Locations held: The Battery, The Binnacle Yard, Soup Alley

P.S. Fellas I know animals arn't supposed to gain experience, have weapons or gain skills but I reckon this little sea monkey deserves some sort of recognition for todays momentous achievement. Any suggestions? I know Dave had a few in mind walking back to the Arndale today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 10:20

Rats are leaving the sinking ship!

Godfather Viktor wrote:
Skrikit's Hold Rats now have a shiny new lair, and a bunch of pox-ridden, hooded rats have joined them (pity there are no special rules for Plague Monks).
The dried hull of the Emperor's Bane is now firmly mine, although I had to relinquish control of Cheapside...but with a name like this who really wants to hold onto it?
Great game, Darius! I think I'll respect monkeys much more from now on Laughing But I'm wondering if it would have been so effective if I had remembered the Ratogre causes fear and asked you to take the Ld test...Oh, well! I won the game anyway

The Hold Rats

Skrikit, Assassin Adept: weeping blades, sword, Lucky Charm, sling, helmet. Old Battle Wound, Expert Swordman, Tail Fighting, Lightining Reflexes, WS5, A2. Exp.: 42
Quitch (II), Eshin Sorcerer: 2 swords, sling, helmet, Wyrdstone Hunter. Sorcerer's Curse. Unholy Relic. Exp.: 11
Izkit, Black Skaven, the Ogre Slicer: fighting claws, helmet. Art of Silent Death, Lightining Reflexes, WS5, W2. Exp.: 27
Squeech, Black Skaven: brace of warplock pistol, helmet. WS5, BS4, Pistolier, Infiltration. Exp.: 21
Meek, Night Runner: 2clubs, slings, helmet. 2A, Ahab Syndrome, I5, Eagle Eyes. Exp.: 8
Sheech, Night Runner: 2 clubs, sling, helmet. Eagle Eyes, Immune tu Flu, T4, W2, Trickshooter. Exp.: 9

The Nine Fingered, 2 Verminkins: 2 clubs, slings. BS4, S4, WS4. Exp.: 20
The Rat Pack, 4 Giant Rats: Immune to Flu.
Graar, Rattogre: Immune to Flu.
The Lonesome, 1 Verminkin: 2 clubs, sling. BS4, WS4. Exp.: 6
Luciano Malatesta, Warlock: staff. Flight of Zimmerman, Silver Arrows of Arha. Sorecery. A2 Exp.: 5
The Plague Covenant, 3 Verminkins: swords, clubs. Exp.: 0

Members: 17 (1 LargeCreature)+1HS
WBR: 270
Treasury: 36gc, 1 Shard

Locations: The Old Temple, The Barrel o' Monkeys, Pressgang Alley, The Emperor's Bane. Control Rate: 67

Now, Saul, if you still want trying taking the Barrel o' Monkeys...
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 13:45

Two events are planned for tonight!

At the Mill there is going to be an evening of Mordheim (well, Vercuso) action with Frog, Dazza, Andy and Davespaceman battling it out, and at the local GW store The Hogwasha is sailing out to face Blessed Knight's Ironprow II in watery combat!
Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 665330 Ye hear that Von Kurst? pirat
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 14:23

Loud and clear Adm'url! Loud and clear! Fair winds!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 14:28

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 20060306_101951

Week Ten News

A Lucky Cut!

The Naval Alliance pulled off an inadvertent triumph over the Corsairs this week. In a cutting-out mission they stole a Corsair ship from its anchorage. Under the cover of darkness Alliance sailors in several ship’s longboats rowed into Dead Man's Point and crept aboard the ship, Hangfire. The small watch was quickly over-powered and the ship was taken out to sea with the land breeze as dawn broke. In itself a fairly small success, but for one fact! In the Hangfire’s strongbox there was the third piece of Rackham’s Key!

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 TheKey_three_8745

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 925402_20060127_screen065

Vercuso was strangely quite this week – it seems like a bad batch of rum has put-pay to the boisterous buccaneering that normally fills that little corner of Sartosa with noise and nonsense has reduced the population to just the nonsense part. Strange things are happening in wharf-town but none of it is any of yer actual warfare.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 BloodAndThunder

No long now ‘till the winter storms will completely close down the campaigning season – if’n no-one has stepped up to stop ‘em, there is a good chance the Black Gulf Corsairs will have had away with the loot of the Lost City… If they ever find it that is!

~ ~ ~

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Week_10_a

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Week_10_b

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Week_10_c

http://www.flameon.co.uk/sartosa4/

Last edited by WarbossKurgan on Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 16:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 14:47

A CUTTING OUT EXPEDITION!...Hornblower would have been proud! Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 665330
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009 - 10:51

Yarrrrrr - The Gentlemen of the Inferno

Dazza wrote:
A good game for me today, holding back to let the Well Ard's and Raziel's undead tough it out ensured that none of my men actually died today ( if you don't count monkeys ) The extra cash added to my kitty has enabled me to reanimate Bloody Big Brian (& Timmy), 2 more crew and Magic, Willy's new monkey!

New upgrades highlighted in bold

Mad Cap'n one Eyed Willy
m4 ws5 bs3+1 s3 t4 w2 i2 a2+3 ld9

Cutlass, knife, pistol
frenzy, mighty blow, strike to injur
misses 3 battles due to injury 3/3 done gets to play next game

Lobster (cabin boy)

Cutlas,
blind one eye

Stinky Pete (Mate)
m4 ws4 bs3 s4+1 t3 w1 a1+1 ld7

Cutlass, Brace of pistols, blunderbuss
Eagle eyes, trick shot, resilient, Mighty Blow, Pistolier
immune to fear

m1 ws3 bs4 s4+1 t3 w1 i2 a4+1 ld7

Crossbow, knife, cutlass
mighty blow, hunter

Tap Tap Jack (Hero)
m4 ws3 bs4 s3 t3 w2 i5 a2 ld9

Quick shot, nimble

Eagle eyes, pistolier, trick shot, unstoppable charge, resilient, nimble, mighty blow
Immune to fear

HENCHMEN

Monkey Magic (henchmen animal)

Poo flinging

Bloody Big Brian (&Timmy), Tiny (2x Henchmen group)
m4 ws3 bs3 s3 t3 w1 i3 a1+1 ld7

Knife, Club

The Deck Hands (3x Henchmen group)

Knife, sword

The Outriggers (henchmen group) Knuckles

knife, pistol, cutlass

Quick shot

WBR rating: 255
Base control score: 85
Locations held: The Battery, The Binnacle Yard, Soup Alley
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 12:44

zelophahad wrote:
Okay, here are week 11's Vercuso results. Notice Cheapside is up for grabs again - Skrikit sacrificed control of it to grab The Emperor's Bane off One Eyed Willy!

1st Raziels' Court (Dave), Black Gulf Corsairs: 12 games, 4 locations, base control score 72
2nd Gordo Rams-eye's Catering Corps (Phil), Naval Alliance: 10 games, 4 locations, base control score 70
3rd Skrikit's Hold Rats (Viktor), Black Gulf Corsairs: 10 games, 4 locations, base control score 68
4th Knights of the Woeful Sense of Direction (Adam), Naval Alliance: 9 games, 4 locations, base control score 60

5th Nezumi Ninjas (Matt), Brethren of the Sea: 11 games, 3 locations, base control score 140
6th Kommodore Deffgit and The Ogresuns (Saul), Brethren of the Sea: 10 games, 3 locations, base control score 102
7th One Eyed Willy and his Gentlemen of the Inferno (Dazza), Brethren of the Sea: 13 games, 3 locations, base control score 85
8th Da Well Har'd Mercenaries (Tim), Black Gulf Corsairs: 5 games, 3 locations, base control score 75

9th Pottery Shed Cultists (Andy), Sufaga Swordwind: 4 games, 1 location, base control score 92

Wishing Well (special) – Da Well Har'd Mercenaries (Tim), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Sail-Makers’ Guildhouse (special) – Nezumi Ninjas (Matt), Brethren of the Sea
The Light (special) – Gordo Rams-eye's Catering Corps (Phil), Naval Alliance (+1)
The Battery (special) – One Eyed Willy and his Gentlemen of the Inferno (Dazza), Brethren of the Sea
The Farms (special) – Raziels' Court (Dave), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Old Temple (special) – Skrikit's Hold Rats (Viktor), Black Gulf Corsairs
Pressgang Alley (special) – Skrikit's Hold Rats (Viktor), Black Gulf Corsairs
Binnacle Yard (special) – One Eyed Willy and his Gentlemen of the Inferno (Dazza), Brethren of the Sea
The Merchants’ Guildhouse (special) – Knights of the Woeful Sense of Direction (Adam), Naval Alliance
Vercuso Bridge (special) – Kommodore Deffgit and The Ogresuns (Saul), Brethren of the Sea
The Barrel o' Monkeys (Brethren of the Sea) – Skrikit's Hold Rats (Viktor), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Hole in the Wall Inn (Naval Alliance) – Gordo Rams-eye's Catering Corps (Phil), Naval Alliance
The Emperor's Bane (Black Gulf Corsairs) – Skrikit's Hold Rats (Viktor), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Slips (Naval Alliance) – Knights of the Woeful Sense of Direction (Adam), Naval Alliance
The Boarding Party Inn (Black Gulf Corsairs) – Nezumi Ninjas (Matt), Brethren of the Sea (-1)
Wrecker's Point – Gordo Rams-eye's Catering Corps (Phil), Naval Alliance
Soup Alley – One Eyed Willy and his Gentlemen of the Inferno (Dazza), Brethren of the Sea
Unlucky Quay (Sufaga Swordwind) – Knights of the Woeful Sense of Direction (Adam), Naval Alliance
The Cod and Cutlass Inn (Brethren of the Sea) – Kommodore Deffgit and The Ogresuns (Saul), Brethren of the Sea (+2)
Dumplington – Pottery Shed Cultists (Andy), Sufaga Swordwind
Slippery Jack's Underwater Cave (Sufaga Swordwind) – Nezumi Ninjas (Matt), Brethren of the Sea
Cheapside - UNCONTROLLED
The Sarky Cutter – Kommodore Deffgit and The Ogresuns (Saul), Brethren of the Sea (+1)
Hangman's Square – Raziels' Court (Dave), Black Gulf Corsairs (+2)
The Capstan – Knights of the Woeful Sense of Direction (Adam), Naval Alliance
The Whirlpool – Da Well Har'd Mercenaries (Tim), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Bucaneer's Blade Inn – Raziels' Court (Dave), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Ropewalks – Da Well Har'd Mercenaries (Tim), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Crooked Farthing Inn – Raziels' Court (Dave), Black Gulf Corsairs
The Shivered Timber Inn – Gordo Rams-eye's Catering Corps (Phil), Naval Alliance
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 16:14

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7412

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7413

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7415

15th October, the year nine

No tactics: Just head right at ‘em!

The familiar cry of “Sail ho!” rang out from the mast-head and the deck thundered beneath the Hogwashas’ feet as they rushed to the gunwales and swarmed into the rigging to see.

“Back to ye posts, ye lubberly dogs!” roared Kap’n Mogrum and the Orc Pirates reluctantly went back to work. “Where away?” he called to the look-out.

“Nor-nor east Kap’n” came the reply, “Boss, it looks like the Ironprow to me.”

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7421

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7422

“Prepare to wear ship Mr Grognog; we’ll go meet this newcomer: Say hello all polite, like.” said Mogrum, Grognog grinned a malevolent, toothy grin.

Mogrum gave the crew one last searing glance to make sure they were jumping to their duties before he put his one good eye to his spyglass. The bright white sails of the Ironprow showed clear against the horizon. The Alliance ship had the weather gauge – the wind at her stern - and she was bearing down on the Pirates. Within minutes she was hull-up and a great bow-wave was visible at her prow, Mogrum estimated she was making about 14 knots by the look of it.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7416
Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7418

A puff of smoke appeared at the Ironpow’s and swiftly dissipated in the wind. The booming report of the cannon was followed a fraction of a second later as the Hogwasha’s deck was shaken by a splintering double crash and two lines of Orc Pirates were smashed into a bloody pulp as the two heavy cannonballs from the Ironprow’s stern-chasers came aboard. The cries of the wounded were quickly drown-out… literally.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7425

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7420

Mogrum cupped his hands to his be-whiskered mouth and yelled over the waters to the smaller ship that followed the Hogwasha “Ahoy the red cutter! Stay in our lee until we close, then board ’em in the smoke of our broadside!”

“Aye!” came the answering roar from the ten Orcs in the small ship.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7419

The wind picked up and veered a point or two, so Hogwasha had to turn to port so it wasn’t heading right into the wind: Ironprow now had the wind dead astern.

“Fire as they bear!” roared Kap’n Mogrum and the Hogwasha’s broadside of carronades thundered almost simultaneously, but both shots fell short of the rapidly approaching enemy ship.

As the Ironprow came into pistol-shot range the crew of the Hogwasha got over excited and started firing their black-powder weapons inaccurately and largely ineffectively. Grognog did his best to restrain them until he saw Mogrum blast away with both of his ornate (and stolen) duelling pistols. The over-sized first mate shrugged and fired-off both of his pistols too! The return fire of crossbow bolts and handgun bullets exacted a heavier toll.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7426

“Boarders ready!” Mogrum roared then turned a big toothy grin on the quartermaster at the helm and in a lower tone said “Give it a spin to starboard”, and the Orc hulk turned back towards the Ironprow, hit on the starboard prow and ground along, gunwale-to-gunwale with the Alliance ship, removing a good deal of the pristine paintwork.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7427

“Boarders away!” the order was almost unnecessary as the Orc Pirates were already swarming up the side of the larger enemy ship. A ferocious battle erupted on the deck of the Ironprow as the first wave of pirates forced their way aboard, the fallen of both sides were trodden under-foot as the second wave of Orcs leapt aboard and pushed their ship-mates forwards. Pistols banged and cutlasses clashed, heads were split open and blood washed over the deck.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7429

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7428

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7430

The red cutter swept round the Hogwasha and pulled up alongside the waste of the Ironprow. The additional weight of numbers was brought to bear on the middle of the enemy ship – effectively cutting the defenders into two groups. The Alliance captain was isolated from his reserves and his men were shaken. When the casualties among the Ironprows were clearly outnumbering those of the Hogwashas and more Orcs seemed to be flow inexorably from the Pirate hulk the Alliance captain saw no alternative and hauled down his colours.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7431

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7432

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7433

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7434

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7435

~ ~ ~

Mogrum laughed so hard he had to hold on to the Hogwasha’s gunwales to keep himself standing. Grognog wiped a tear from his eye and tried a third time to give the order to make sail. The noise from the Hogwash’s crew, the red cutter’s and the handful of Orc Pirates who formed the prize crew over on Ironprow hadn’t quieted-down as the three ships moved away from the small island, so even when the ships were still hull-up but far, far away the taunting cries of the Orcs were still ringing in the ears of the marooned ex-crew of the Ironprow II.

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7436
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 16:20

The Wardens on Monte Castello

blessed knight wrote:
Captain Cready sat on the island with rest of his crew as the orcs stuggled to tow the Ironprow off into the distance.

"The damage don't look too bad from over here boss" said the Bosun whilst casting a fishing line into the shallow waters.

"I'll mention that to Prospero when we nick it back then" Cready looked around. " where are those sea turtles? those orcs can barely control their own ships after the casualties we inflicted"

'Barely being the operative word' thought the bosun
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 16:34

AAAARRRGGH! VICTORY AT SEA! WELL DONE, Adm'rul Sir! Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 665330
Von Kurst is going to LOVE this sucker!
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009 - 3:31

EPIC! did ya'll make those ships yourselves?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009 - 4:06

Aye Deaf, ye have the right of it! 'Tis a rare pleasure ta seez da ladz in action! Well fought Adm'rul! Well fought!

(And thankee for takin' the time ta record it all fer posterity!)

Yarr!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 10:22

Dazza wrote:
"Ere! where them diddy little arrers comin from? T'is stingin!"
"Watch out lads its them cowardly sproglets up that lighthouse! and in them winders! T'is an ambush leggit!

The Gentlemen ducked and weaved down the street sticking close to the walls and using the tiniest of nucks and barrels as cover. The music of "casualties of war" could be heard playing from the nearby opera house as one by one the brave and honourable were brought down in slow motion

Willy fought for a tough draw today. Although the Gentlemen took a beating no serious injuries were suffered and managed to take out a host of swinery whilst sending Granny Faddock to meet her maker!
Bacon butties all round!

New upgrades highlighted in bold

Mad Cap'n one Eyed Willy
m3 ws5 bs3+1 s3 t4 w2 i2 a2+3 ld9

Cutlass, knife, pistol
frenzy, mighty blow, strike to injur, peg leg (6+ save)
Leg wound

Lobster (cabin boy)

Cutlas,
blind one eye

Stinky Pete (Mate)
m4 ws3 bs3 s4+1 t3 w1 a1+1 ld7

Cutlass, Brace of pistols, blunderbuss
Eagle eyes, trick shot, resilient, Mighty Blow, Pistolier
immune to fear

m1 ws3 bs5 s4+1 t3 w1 i2 a4+1 ld7

Crossbow, knife, cutlass
mighty blow, hunter

Tap Tap Jack (Hero)
m4 ws3 bs4 s3 t3 w2 i5 a2 ld9

Quick shot, nimble

Immune to fear

HENCHMEN

Monkey Magic (henchmen animal)

Poo flinging

Bloody Big Brian (&Timmy), Tiny (2x Henchmen group)
m4 ws3 bs3 s3 t3 w1 i3 a1+1 ld7

Knife, Club

The Deck Hands (4x Henchmen group)

Knife, sword

The Outriggers (henchmen group) Knuckles

knife, pistol, cutlass

Quick shot, Eagle eye

WBR rating: 301
Base control score: 100.3
Locations held: The Battery, The Binnacle Yard, The Shivered Timber Inn
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 12:31

Kommodore Deffgit and The Ogresuns - the further misadventures...

20th October, the year nine

Cheapside Chumps Challenge

“Whatssat?” yelled Kommodore Deffgit, in his normal slightly-too-loud voice.

Barnacle Nog sighed slightly and repeated the news “Cheapside has been abandoned by one lot of Ratmen – them Hold Rats of Skrikit's have moved out. If’n we jump soon we can grab it for ourselves!”

The Kommodore brightened – a sparkle in his one good eye. “Roight! Ladz we’m headin’ to the other side o’the harbour!”

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7438

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7440

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7441

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7442

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7443

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 HPIM7444

~ ~ ~

“We’ll those bilge-swabbing picaroons don’t get any less sneaky do they?” said Deffgit in annoyance as the Ogresuns made their way back to the Cod and Cutlass inn. Nod shrugged and steadied Wyrdtoof on his feet when he wobbled slightly – the Shaman had taken a heavy blow to the noggin but was mostly unharmed. New Boy Capsize Naz had been less lucky; he was still stretched out on the cobbles in Cheapside.

Wyrdtoof waved Nog off and tried to stand unaided, he didn’t want to crew to think he was some weedy git! After taking a few steps forwards and looking pretty collected he staggered sideways two steps, over-compensated the opposite way and crashed through a half-closed door.

When the Ogresuns had stopped laughing they realised that Wyrdtoof hadn’t come out of the house. They pushed the door open again and looked inside, fully expecting to see the Shaman on the floor just inside. What they actually found struck them all dumb for a few second before they fully comprehended it.

There was no floor! There was also no basement beneath where the floor should have been either. A deep dark hole – an entrance to the near-mythical Vercuso catacombs!

An angry voice drifted up from the darkness “Oi! Don’t stand there gapping like a bunch o’ guppies - help me up, ye lubbers!”
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 12:44

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Lol That was a GREAT bit of narrative at Poor Old Wyrdtoof's expense...the Boyz weren't the ONLY ones laughing. Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 544694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)   Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sartosa 4: Dark Waters (Flame On campaign - summer 2009)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next