Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

im new and cant decide

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
Maikacir
mv7402
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mv7402
Youngblood
Youngblood
mv7402

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

im new and cant decide Empty
PostSubject: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 17:58

Hello my name is John iv just started mordheim with a friend (who i will introduce to the site). I cant decide which warband to have iv got it down to Undead, Skaven and possessed confused . Please help!

P.S sorry if i have misspelled any words wrong
Back to top Go down
Maikacir
General
General
Maikacir

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 18:07

Hello John, and welcome aboard!! Very Happy

If you haven't done it yet, I recommend that you read all the rules and background knowledge to each of the three warbands Smile Hope it helps ^^

/Maikacir
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 18:14

SORRY! I'm not much use [among other things ] on the gaming aspect, SO I'll leave the advice for the more tactically inclined Forumites, AND merely bid you a warm WELCOME ABOARD! cheers
May you have a LONG & MERRY stay on our Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet OH SO Cool Mordheim Forum. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mv7402
Youngblood
Youngblood
mv7402

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 18:17

thank you for the advice but unfortunately i have allready done that
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 19:21

Well, for starters, they are all great warbands. Possessed can be tricky as they start slowly due to cost and limited numbers. The Skaven's leadership can be a bit of a handicap. That leaves undead. Fantastic leader with potential to become even more of a combat monster, top notch henchmen (ghouls), most things in the warband cause fear and great painting and conversion possibilities. I'd go for them, if I were you.
Back to top Go down
dragonmw7
Captain
Captain
dragonmw7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 20:21

Hard to argue with Sade's points. Although Skaven do have some issues with Leadership values, they have a great deal of character and some cool modeling possibilities. I believe (someone will no doubt correct me if im wrong) that a player can choose a specific clan of skaven (Skryre, Eshin, Pestilins, Moulder) which makes them even more deep in fluff and history.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 20:22

Hello and welcome!

I'd go with Skaven as they are a very strong warband and I find Undead to be a bit boring because most models lack the ability to run so you have a huge mob that is advancing slowly while the enemy shoots and outmaneuvers you. That's my experience, but others may differ... Smile

Don't you prefer any warband's background or available minis more than the others? That would be the best indication for what to choose.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 20:30

cianty wrote:
... I find Undead to be a bit boring because most models lack the ability to run ... That's my experience, but others may differ... Smile
Me! Me! Pick me! Just don't take any zombies and you'll be right. Everyone else can run apart from the dire wolves who, despite being a bit of a points sink, move at a speedy 9" anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ancre
Champion
Champion
Ancre

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 21:06

Hi and welcome aboard !

I would go for skaven. Nice movement, and they can have a lot of troops and some decent shooting. But I have never really played, so don't listen to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 21:20

cianty wrote:
Don't you prefer any warband's background or available minis more than the others? That would be the best indication for what to choose.
That's actually the best advice on this thread. Go with the warband whose fluff and models you like best. As I said, they're all good warbands anyway and each has its pros & cons.
Back to top Go down
mv7402
Youngblood
Youngblood
mv7402

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 0:43

Citizen Sade wrote:
cianty wrote:
That's actually the best advice on this thread. Go with the warband whose fluff and models you like best. As I said, they're all good warbands anyway and each has its pros & cons.

thats the problem i like all of the models for those three warbands but have now ruled out possessed. but thank you anyway
Back to top Go down
mv7402
Youngblood
Youngblood
mv7402

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 14:18

if you think skaven what clan
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 9:01

mv7402 wrote:
if you think skaven what clan

Usually "Skaven" refers to the Clan Eshin warband from the rulebook. They are also the best Skaven warband, and the only official one.

There was a Clan Pestilens warband published in Town Cryer 29 (I believe). Personally I find them a bit boring.

Same with the Clan Skryre warband from the Relics of the Crusades supplement. I would love to see them have better (and weirder!) equipment/weapon options.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im new and cant decide   im new and cant decide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

im new and cant decide
Page 1 of 1