Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ruined or not?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonmw7
Captain
Captain
dragonmw7

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 18:48

I'm in the process of making some buildings for my Mordheim table. So far i have 2 almost complete.(pics coming when i get my camera back from the cottage this week end) I made both of them ruined, that is to say, half of each structure has been destroyed. I was just wondering what percentage of "non-ruined" buildings some of you have on your tables?.

As a side note: I have found that making a ruined building actually takes me significantly longer than an intact one. Seems counter intuitive, but true, for me at least.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 19:34

Well, there is the option of making an intact piece, not based of course, and then cutting it into two. Thus, creating 2 terrain pieces.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 19:40

Also, I don't think I have ANY complete/non-ruined buildings on my tabletop. I do have a single Wizard's Tower that seems to be intact... But nothing else has escaped the comet's wrath.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009 - 2:17

And not just the comets wrath, but the widespread fires and rampant looting and pillaging afterwords has renders my terrain to nothing but ruins! Ruins are always more fun because they allow for more interesting movement phases and cover battles. If i were to make a (mostly) fully intact building it would be a fairly short and all stonework barracks, but of course the roof wold be removable.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009 - 18:30

as the others have said ruins are more mordheim feeling. Intact buildings cannot be entered an donly block LOS, ruins block LOS and can have loads of fights to remember happening in them, as well as being used as a maze to outsmart your opponent. Smile

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009 - 18:50

Duce wrote:
as the others have said ruins are more mordheim feeling. Intact buildings cannot be entered an donly block LOS, ruins block LOS and can have loads of fights to remember happening in them, as well as being used as a maze to outsmart your opponent. Smile

Well, if the building has a flat enough roof you could get on top of it, so it's still useable in that way. Personally, I like the idea of mostly ruined buildings, with maybe a couple intact buildings here and there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Sponsored content

Ruined or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruined or not?   Ruined or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruined or not?
Page 1 of 1