Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Plague is upon me!!

Go down 
+2
Mordheimer
Drugart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

The Plague is upon me!! Empty
PostSubject: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 23:02

Well....while I was converting and painting away with my Dwarf Throng(50% done btw) I was missing some good ole 40k games. I know I have my Orks, but I started to sell those bad boyz already and needed a good change.

While sleeping the Heralds visited me with visions of pestilence and death.
NURGLE has called upon me to be his next champion and take the fight to the Imperium. Do not stand in My Way!!

First off I got my CSM with the Mark of Nurgle sporting his lovely centuries old Bolt pistol.
The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0459-1

The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0460-1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 23:20

VERY NICE!!!

Usually Plague Marines are painted very 'dirty'... I like your clean & sickening look. More pics, please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 4:36

Im working on my Aspiring Champ right now, hes close to being done. I will get it up as soon as possible.

Thanks for the comments.
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 7:09

Ooooo!Me like! I am not a Chaosy guy my self but I like it!
Now say if you cpuld do a mutated,Nurgle corupted ork?

(EDIT:And what about pox rhuns craved right in too it's skin?
And maybe a pus weaping Shoota?)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 9:40

VERY COOL! There IS something about Nurgle Space Marines that IS positively alluring...except, of course, for those annoying voices that keep whispering in your ear Suspect . You've made more AMAZING progress. This sucker rivals the best of your Dwarve & Orcs. Excellent choice of colors, cool base, VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 23:12

Well up next is a couple of pics of some more CSM goodness. Now the first pic turned out alittle dark, but works pretty decent with the armor and the other seems to bright, might be the metallics I used, but I did wash them down pretty well. Anywhos here we go!

My Aspiring Champion of Nurgle:
The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0469

My Slaanesh Sorcerer with Force weapon. I went with Slaan due to the fact my friend wanted to see if I could paint one....you be the judge, not to fond of pink meself.
The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0466
The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0468
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 23:17

Nice work! I'm not too fond of pink either, but it's a bit chaos'y Smile I've always been more for the chaos undivided ones (Iron warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers) but these are some cool models! Smile
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 4:33

Well my Khorne Beserkers are painted 'World Eater' Style! Even though from different 'time' periods and such. Nothing wrong with alittle mis match.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 9:13

Considering how little time you have you most certainly ARE a prolific painter. The new Guys ROCK! LOVE that power sword. WELL DONE, Amigo! Karate
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 9:36

Well long time no post here. Been working my butt off in real life and painting the rest of it off working on my Dwarfs even more, with thier movement trays and individual models to beef up the ranks. Hopefully I will have pics of those guys soon.

Onto the 40k goodness I have been doing. I mailed my Slaan Sorc to a friend of mine who loves the Slaan Man. So I picked up a new model and going to town on it. So far I have put in over 4 hours on this guy and hes nowhere done. I want this guy to scare the stuffings out of folks who see it and SMs on the battlefield. I call him 'Where Nightmares Are From' Hopefully He can live up to the name. I will try to get him done asap. Take care.

Drugart
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 10:16

Most of my nightmares come from my slightly overspiced cuisine...like my (in)famous Chicken Carrumba from HELL! affraid
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 13:31

Now youre speaking my language. We should get together one day and fix it up!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 13:41

Drugart wrote:
Now youre speaking my language. We should get together one day and fix it up!

That sounds like a plan to me...a VERY GOOD plan. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2009 - 3:42

Nice models!

No offense (it is a compliment) when I saw the picture of the Aspiring Champion I went "WTF?!? That is one ugly SOB!" Then I remember (sometimes my mind does not work well) that is SUPPOSED to be an ugly SOB! Ha! The paint is VERY good! Very Happy

While I have no critique or suggestion about the model (your painjob is VERY good!) I would like to point something on the photography... I know it is VERY hard to take good pics with any old digital camera, but here a few hints.

1) Use Indirect Lighting: Shine a couple lights to the wall behind the model (from different angles), it will minimize the shadows (BTW, you don't suffer from super shadows... but I just wanted to mention it.)

2) Avoid Flash!: Flash is NOT our friend... remember that we deal in tricking the human eye that the scale model is larger (normal size) than what it is. When we highlight, dry-brush & ink a model, as well as when we use multiple layers and blend, we are making artificial lighting. On the real world, a cape is only one color. As it folds, it creates natural shades of this color. Natural lighting can NOT produce this effect on a model, because the area is too small (on the cape for example)... so you ink the cape (produce darker areas) and highlight (produce lighter areas) to trick the brain in to believing this is a 'real' thing... the brain 'knows' how color blends and shades at a large scale, so when it is detected (regardless of location and scale) it is 'sure' it is a 'natural size' object. Flash inundates the model with light and kills the effect.

3) Take Pictures from Farther Away, then Resize Them!: My favorite personal dirty trick! If you take the picture with a camera that does not allows you to set the F-Stop setting, instead of taking a picture in which the model takes the whole frame, take the photo so the model takes half of the frame by taking the photo farther away. Do not worry it is too small... get your favorite photo manager (I use Google's Picassa... powerful, easy to use and FREE!!!) and crop the picture so the model takes the whole frame. Even cheap cameras have over 5 Megapixels (make sure the settings are for high quality pics) so the quality will not degrade, but the picture will be still focused. Also, if the flash goes off, then it has some distance to difuse.

I have few other hints on a compilation article I wrote (LINK)... the article takes you from 0 to 60... from the Do-It-Yourself to the Professional Setup... from the point-and-shoot-cheapo to the sell-your-kidney-in-the-black-market cameras. I'm NO expert... I compiled the article when hunting from information on how to take better pictures (I sucked!)... now my photos are not that bad. Smile

Keep painting, and post your pics... it will be the safest way for me to get close by Papa Nurgle's children!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2009 - 12:02

I find it easier to find someone who CAN take decent photos, act stupid [comes natural to moi Suspect ], make sad puppy eyes, & con them into taking photos of your minis. Bribery works also. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 14:43

DEAF!!! That is soooooo wrong! Shocked

I love it! Hehehehehe... Laughing

In all seriousness, it is very much like painting. Once you know the 4 or 5 'rules' (like drybrushing, inking, etc) it becomes second nature. Of course... practice, practice, practice.

If I lived near you area, I would accept your bribes thou! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr_Sinister
Veteran
Veteran
Mr_Sinister

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2009 - 15:20

Just gotta say I Love the fleshy parts on the first mini. Very well done!
And chaos isn't red, or black or even green. Chaos is an evil shade of PINK!
Back to top Go down
http://geekinwolvesclothing.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009 - 18:52

Mr_Sinister wrote:

lol! Maybe we could do a remake of that Molly Ringwald movie: Putrid In Pink. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mr_Sinister
Veteran
Veteran
Mr_Sinister

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009 - 19:21

DeafNala wrote:
Mr_Sinister wrote:

lol! Maybe we could do a remake of that Molly Ringwald movie: Putrid In Pink. Suspect

Don't get me started on making up new Pink names of movies and songs, or we will be at it for the rest of the year jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://geekinwolvesclothing.blogspot.com/
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 0:02

Well here is the pics of my new Nurgle Chaos Sorcerer. Sorry it took so long and I hope you all enjoy it.

The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0474

The Plague is upon me!! DSCN0475
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 4:22

Hay man! I love him, so well done! The whole roting green flesh and thick pus thing is one of the things I love about Nurgle. Again well done! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 10:50

COOL! The robe, in particular, turned out GREAT. The overall effect REALLY captures the Nurgle feel..squishy, gross, & generally disgusting Suspect . VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009 - 13:37

VERY NICE!!!

Again, my first impression of your models is GREAT. I just go... CRINGE! Evil or Very Mad

Great job! Nice shades of blue.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009 - 3:39

Thanks all for the compliments, I do appreciate it. That guy took me foreeeever to get done. Wanted to make sure he was done right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Plague is upon me!!   The Plague is upon me!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Plague is upon me!!
Page 1 of 1