Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Bonjour ! :)

Go down 
+2
Maikacir
Ancre
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ancre
Champion
Champion
Ancre

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Bonjour ! :) Empty
PostSubject: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 13:25

Hi everyone ! I am Ancre, 20 years old student from Paris (and my english can sound weird sometimes, sorry ! ), and I am just starting Mordheim (or going to start, to be more precise). I have been wanting to try this game for a long time but it is only now that I try.

I've originally bought the battle for skull pass set in order to start a chaos dwarf army and to have the updated rules ; and there are quite a few nice models in it (the noble mostly, and a few of the warriors). So, I am going to start a dwarf treasure hunter warband ! I like dwarfs really much but the warhammer army makes them quite boring to play in my opinion, and I am happy to be able to play them in Mordheim.

I have a bunch of orcs and goblins too, and I might save some of them to make a warband ( I intend to sell most of them if I can) .. but I would be more interested to have a beastmen warband too - I would like to have two or three warbands because this way I will be able to initiate people once I got a bit of experience in the game.

This forum is very friendly and very nice so I came and registered myself, as I have a few questions on the dwarf treasure hunters warband, and I like to see the miniatures and buildings you paint ! Hopefully you will see mine too ! Once I learnt how to paint them ... so far I only lived epic failures, trying to thin my paint and do basic work. But I'm not discouraged ! I will make it !

So thank you very much for reading me and sorry for the bad english ! Ancre.
Back to top Go down
Maikacir
General
General
Maikacir

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 13:32

Ancre wrote:
... so far I only lived epic failures, trying to thin my paint and do basic work. But I'm not discouraged ! I will make it !

So thank you very much for reading me and sorry for the bad english ! Ancre.
Thats the spirit! Very Happy

Welcome aboard!!
Back to top Go down
dragonmw7
Captain
Captain
dragonmw7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 14:02

welcome and keep at it Ancre, practice, practice, practice.

Someone wiser than me once said: "An expert is someone who has made all the mistakes"
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 14:27

Welcome! We've taken to having enough models for several warbands to draw people in as well. Good luck luring in more players! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 14:29

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm looking forward to some pictures, and no worries, we can help you with your painting issues I think Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 14:39

WELCOME, AGAIN! Keep plugging along with the beasty & you'll be a first class painter/modeler before you know it. Have FUN! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ancre
Champion
Champion
Ancre

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 15:03

Thank you very much for your welcomes !

The most difficult thing with the painting is that I am trying for the first time to thin my paint and use the basic techniques I can find. I did not had access to any information when I begun when I as a kid and had to learn by myself almost everything. And so I have far superior results without thinning my paints Sad I have to re-learn everything again it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour ! :)   Bonjour ! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonjour ! :)
Page 1 of 1