Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)

Go down 
+2
cianty
Svenn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009 - 16:08

As a fan of Lord of the Rings I was always intrigued by the Games Workshop tabletop LotR game. However, just yesterday I found rules for playing small scale skirmish campaigns with injuries and experience and stuff. It looks to be similar to Mordheim, but in the Lord of the Rings world. At some point I'd like to actually try it out.

The rules are pretty hard to find now, so I decided to host them on my site of course. Smile Anyone that's interested in LotR or just looking for a change of setting, check it out: http://www.tabletopgeeks.com/lotr-downloads/
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:43

That's the same system as for the Legends of the Old West (Wild West) / High Seas (Pirates) games: LotR plus Mordheim experience, skills. Just sayin... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009 - 16:02

looks fun Very Happy ty for sharing!
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009 - 9:51

I enjoyed playing Battle Companies a few years back. I like the LotR system (really need to play again but I dunno where I put my stuff after moving Rolling Eyes ) so liked a more in depth version immensely. It was easier to find players for Battle Companies than Legends of the Old West as a fair few folk already had usable models and scenery. People are lazy after all.

I have some stuff for Old West that I really need to paint. Also was sculpting my own leader for it but never completed the project... Pretty typical for me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ozgilijat
Veteran
Veteran
Ozgilijat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 12:09

I took a look at this link. We, in our club are about to make something similar, but for playing big games, like Warhammer Fantasy battles. We creating Lord of the Rings, but you have all the same characteristics like in warhammer (M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, LD). We added some formations, new ways to charge your opponent, new ways for shooting (such as volley), and so on...Rules are in serbian, but we are going to put them on our web site when we translate them:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ozgilijat.com/
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 15:22

I remember this when it was in WD. What put me off at the time was the total lack of choice for your starter warband. I know that most Mordheim warbands of a given type start out pretty much the same and gain their individuality through experience but this seemed a bit too limiting for my taste! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)   Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Battle Companies (LotR Mordheim?)
Page 1 of 1