Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Restless Dead Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
embitteredsoul
Warrior
Warrior
embitteredsoul

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

restless - Restless Dead Idea Empty
PostSubject: Restless Dead Idea   restless - Restless Dead Idea Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 16:26

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster (not counting some random trade posts).

So, I just finished converting up my Necarch warband in the theme of pirates (because seriously, who doesn't love zombie pirates and a big ol undead crab as a construct running around). As a result, I am onto my next endeavour. I really like the feel of the new Restless Dead warband, especially the corpse bombs. So, thematically, I wanted to do something a little bit different. Here is what I came up with.

I want to go with a twisted druidical theme for them, since one of the pieces of fluff text talked about the liches going to Athel Loren to find greater power. So, my liche will actually be a willow thin druidess, albeit with green skin to represent her unique way of staying alive. Her underling, a rather malnourished druid as well (the imperial wizard from gamezone converted up).

Now, the rest of the band is where I am scratching my head, to stay in theme.

For the grave guard, I was thinking of eternal guard, but with sullen skintones and beat up armor.. maybe even some body part swaps to give them boney arms. Zombies will be a mix of recently risen humans and elf glade guard. Though, with vines and plant matter encircling them, to "reanimate them". Skeletons, well.. self explanatory.. but I was thinking to mixing in some dryad bits to give them a bit more of a woodsy feel. The scarecrows will be reanimated dryads (one in tree form the other in nymph form). Finally, for the wights, I was thinking the cloaked glade guard plastics, with the hooded heads, but with skulls replacing the faces and more kit bashing.

The bone giant will be the really sweet graveyard elemental I found, and added more gravestones and skeleton bits to, and puttied up some more lichen/grave moss on.

Thoughts? Any additional suggestions? Just trying to brainstorm some ideas before I purchase more bits.. and with the accumulated knowledge of all the miniature lines held here, I thought this would be a great place to start.

Thanks,
James
Back to top Go down
Goonstah
Captain
Captain
Goonstah

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

restless - Restless Dead Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restless Dead Idea   restless - Restless Dead Idea Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 16:58

overall i think you have a really good idea!
i have nothing to contribute to what you should do. i just want to see some figs! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://s655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/goonstah/

Restless Dead Idea
Page 1 of 1