Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pistols in CC

Go down 
+3
Brahm Tazoul
Hellfoot
barrskog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barrskog
Youngblood
Youngblood

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: None

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2008 - 21:54

After shooting your pistol in close combat, are you allowed to switch to another weapon or must you use the fierd pistol? If so, does the pistol count as a normal weapon? (no bonuses)
Back to top Go down
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2008 - 22:08

Well the Rulebook says that any model armed with a pistol gains +1 Attack so I guess other hand to hand combat weapons can be used in the same turn when you shoot your pistol.

On the other hand imo it seems kind of up surd because if your model carries a Dueling pistol he gains +2 Attack...so if he's carrying a Duelling Pistol and 2 Hand Weapons he has 4 Attacks?

Maybe I'm being mistaken (forgot most of the rules since my last official campaign), If I am pls correct me.

Hellfoot
Back to top Go down
barrskog
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2008 - 22:53

It is possible to have a pistol and another weapon, that I know. You cannot use a dueling pistol and two handweapons at the same time, so having four attacks is impossible.. unless you have tailfighting or an extra arm Wink

My question is what happens after the first round of fighting has been resolved, and the pistol fired. Can the one fireing the pistol change weapon and say, pick up a sword instead of the used pistol? Or do they fight with the back of the pistol, as in warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Brahm Tazoul
Captain
Captain
Brahm Tazoul

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2008 - 0:00

First round:

Swing with your sword (or what have you) and fire your pistol.

Second round:

Swing with your sword and employ your back-up H2H weapon (dagger, mace, what have you) as the Pistol has been fired, retired, and exchanged for a more appropriate weapon. Pistols and lances have the same type of rule that you are able to switch them after the first round of combat (the only round of combat that they are useful in).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://mrp.shawwebspace.ca
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2008 - 11:45

study A single pistol (dueling or normal) gives you +1 Attack (at Strength 4, -2 Save) in the first round of combat.

study Two pistols do not give you +2 Attacks! Two pistols gives you 2 Attacks (at Strength 4, -2 Save). This is quite a difference to +2 Attacks!

My group has never allowed warrior to swap weapons once a combat has started (this not in the rules, but it is how it works in Warhammer). In further rounds of combat the pistol is counted as +1 attack at the users Strength with a normal Save Modifier (since when you use two weapons normally on one attack is with one of the weapons, all other attacks are with the other one).

Look at the models of pistols - they have a heavy looking round weight on the bottom of the grip - for use as a make-shift club!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2008 - 17:32

Brahm Tazoul wrote:
Pistol has been fired, retired, and exchanged for a more appropriate weapon. Pistols and lances have the same type of rule that you are able to switch them after the first round of combat (the only round of combat that they are useful in).

That's how we play it too. I really distinctly remember reading about "swapable" weapons like pistols, but I can't find the passage!!! Sorry, I'll keep looking.

Yorik
Champion
Champion
Yorik

Personal Info

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2008 - 18:11

The swappable rule is from the q&a, in the rulebook there is no such rule, but also no rule that prohibits weapons from being changed mid-combat.

What annoys me the most: what happens when you shoot your pistol and in his next turn the enemy charges you? The rules allow you to use your pistol for the first round, even when not carrying a brace. if you hadn't been charged you wouldn't be able to use it in the next turn. kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
Brahm Tazoul
Captain
Captain
Brahm Tazoul

Personal Info

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan 2008 - 1:48

Yorik wrote:
The swappable rule is from the q&a, in the rulebook there is no such rule, but also no rule that prohibits weapons from being changed mid-combat.

What annoys me the most: what happens when you shoot your pistol and in his next turn the enemy charges you? The rules allow you to use your pistol for the first round, even when not carrying a brace. if you hadn't been charged you wouldn't be able to use it in the next turn. kinda weird.

This is incorrect; the rule that allows you to use your Pistol in the first round of combat does not override the fact that you must reload your pistol once you have fired it; they are not mutually exclusive. The fact that someone charges you during their turn after you've fired off your pistol does not magically reload it for you!

The rule states that you are able to use your Pistol in the first round of Hand to Hand Combat. It doesn't state that you have the undeniable right and ability to use it during the first round; if you've made the weapon ineligible by firing it, you're SOL.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Yorik
Champion
Champion
Yorik

Personal Info

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2008 - 21:27

Brahm Tazoul wrote:

This is incorrect; the rule that allows you to use your Pistol in the first round of combat does not override the fact that you must reload your pistol once you have fired it; they are not mutually exclusive. The fact that someone charges you during their turn after you've fired off your pistol does not magically reload it for you!

The rule states that you are able to use your Pistol in the first round of Hand to Hand Combat. It doesn't state that you have the undeniable right and ability to use it during the first round; if you've made the weapon ineligible by firing it, you're SOL.

Okay, i re-read this and you are right. But i have no clue what SOL means. second order logic? Son of a Leprechaun?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2008 - 22:07

Try this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SOL

Either he means "sigh out loud" or "shit outta luck". Don't know for sure either.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Brahm Tazoul
Captain
Captain
Brahm Tazoul

Personal Info

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2008 - 22:20

SOL= shit outta luck
Shit outta luck = Too bad, so sad
Too bad, so sad = SOL

It's a typical English-Language Catch-22... and if you don't know what Catch-22 is, then you're SOL.
~snicker~
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2008 - 22:49

Smile

Sponsored content

Pistols in CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistols in CC   Pistols in CC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pistols in CC
Page 1 of 1