Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09

Go down 
+6
Da Bank
dwi
playtable
DeafNala
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 20:20

I hadn't thought of Warring Houses, but I think it would make a good 2 player game as well. Good idea.

Seems to me I have your e-mail address somewhere. I have to make some adjustments that recent games have shown to be necessary, but look for them later in the month at least.

The randomness of which scenarios get played is sometimes complicated by players looking at the wrong scenario tables. We rolled the Governor's Daughter at least 2 times last cycle but the player who looked up the result on the table always found the Stool Pigeon variant first for some odd reason...

Multi-player games just take up the evening and we are trying to avoid that as much as possible. I used to run events every month but its been years since I have done that... Hmmm.

The faction/backer idea is one that has a lot of promise. I'm also interested in BTB's campaign points system. Something to expand the usual highest rated/most wins way of judging a campaign.

At present our player with the most Battle Points is not in control of any locations because he has also always been the highest rated warband. My warband has become the highest rated which means I am unlikely to consolidate any of my possible locations because other players will get to choose were the battle takes place. Something I didn't consider when writing the locations/battle points idea...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 20:55

Scenarios: Whenever you get the time, of course. If you need the email again, just ask.

Confusion: I can understand what you mean... My group played 'Last Orders' when I wasn't there, and didn't notice that there is no involuntary routing... the Norse player got the first turn, overwhelmed the opponent, and they fled before their first movement phase.

Multiplayer: That's all my group plays, really. We have 2-3 hours to play a single game, and only 1 really long table, so more than 2 games isn't advised. The games are lots of fun and very social, but the rate of development is pretty slow. Because of this, some of the two-player scenarios I didn't get much of a chance to play test before you got a chance to play them (ex. 'Mutiny') As always, any feedback or alt. versions you offer are warmly received.

Factions: One thing I don't like about some campaign systems is that they benefit the victor only, making the bridge between good warbands and weak ones even wider. So, when I write the faction system, I tend to put checks in place, to make sure that for every bonus given to the leading player is countered in some way.

Examples:
~Every favor granted by a faction has a warband rating attached to it: thus, the bonus is quantified, and adds towards your opponent's underdog bonus, if any.
~The greater a player becomes in one faction, the more the warband will offend/tick off an opposing faction. With this in mind, a weak player (backed by an opposing faciton) might receive some extra help/HSs when fighting the lead player. When you're on top, you tend to make enemies!
~If you climb too high, there's a chance that the head of the faction be disposed by a lesser noble. If that's the case, he may love you just as much, might start you at zero, or might have it out for you!
Looks like you'll need to find a new faction!
~Each faction would have several bonuses that they can offer, but only one at a time. That way, being the top player only increases your choices of bonuses, but does not grant you more bonuses than your opponent.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2009 - 5:44

@StyrofoamKing--the factions sound very interesting. I stepped out to play:

Week 10: I won and my warband rating dropped 72 points!
Alternate headline of the week: The Sea Patrol fill the Void!

Defend the Find. The Bloody Boys versus the Privateers. It was a clear night in the port of Sartosa. The Bloody Boys were looting a hulk when the Privateers claimed Prior Right of Salvage. The resulting litigation claimed many lives. Indeed it was a higher price than the Privateers really wanted to pay, but the Bloody Boys were routed and the hulk's cargo at least paid for the funerals. Those who will sail no more include Ensign Kurt De Graf, Sharp Sigurd of Altdorf and Grumgore the Ogre. A Khornite named Sperla gutted Grumgore, but Sonja Braun slit Sperla's throat for his trouble.
Alphonse survives but suffers a Chest Wound! The Sigmarite is pressed as a swab by the retreating Bloody Boys.
The Privateers find liquor in plenty aboard the hulk, the better to toast the fallen!

The Long Pier. The Ghosts face the Sea Patrol for their sins. It was another clear night in Sartosa. The Ghosts tried to bull rush the Patrol off the Long Pier. They fail. The Ghosts suffer many casualties but only one crew is KIA. Neither side report any interesting finds.

Press Gang. The Privateers are challenged by the Sea Patrol. On a bright clear day in the fortified port of Senelite the Privateers set out to press some swabs to make up for the losses suffered in Sartosa. The lads run into the meanest bunch of drunken bastards this side of Ossomute! One sodden terror defeats Alphonse, the Kaptain and Hans Schultz the new gunner. The men of Senelite resist so strongly that 3 of them are killed by the press gang. (The lads were in a killing mood over the wounding of the Kaptain and Alphonse.) The Patrol mug Baldo the Blade to force the Privateers' break point. Sonja tries to rally the men by capturing a swab, but it is too late.
In addition to killing 3 citizens the Privateers also loot the local Blow Hole of more grog. The Patrol rounds up 4 citizens for crimes against the Elves. Sangir Khaine, the Druchi Corsair, is promoted from the ranks for killing 2 drunks.
Kaptain Gunter De Gutzman suffers a Chest Wound! The Privateers stocked up on rare items at the market place and manage to find an experienced Marienburger gunner to reinforce the crew.

Skirmish. The Bloody Boys fight the Ghosts on a clear night in the port of Sartosa. The Ghosts II fort up and force the frenzied Khornites buggers to come to them. The poor mad lambs do and are blasted from the darkness with blunderbusses. 2 warriors go down in the blast and it goes downhill from there for Khorne. Another Bloody Boy hero is reported killed though no names have been released as of yet.
The Ghosts report finding 2 Toughened Leathers and 3 Khufa Beans (?).

Standings after Week 10
The Port of Sartosa:
Sea Patrol: 10 BP
Ghosts:  9 BP
DE: 6 BP
Wastelanders: 6 BP
Khorne: 6 BP

The Haunted Port
Wastelanders:  7 BP
Khorne: 5 BP
Sea Patrol:  4 BP
Ghosts: 4 BP
DE: 2 BP

The Outlaw Town of Ossomunte
DE: 3 BP
Sea Patrol: 1 BP

The Fortified Port of Senelite
Sea Patrol: 4 BP
Wastelanders: 2 BP

Next week the Pirvateers are hoping to catch some one on the open sea!
Yarr!
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2009 - 14:28

Khufa Beans - from Relics of the Crusades
Properly mixed with goat milk and taken before a game, the whole warband may re-roll any failed initiative tests. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug 2009 - 6:43

Press Gang
A Tale of Seaside Adventure wherein Gunter Takes a Wound

Freya Coarse Hair took another long slug from the bottle in her fist. The soft south was mostly a disappointment. Painted tarts pretended to be women. The soft, foppish men were all talk! Ha! You could have the place. But this red wine, wine was good. It wasn’t mead or a good ale. But on a hot day like this one, it hit the spot!

Freya had come to the island of Sartosa a couple of moons ago. Looking for that rat bastard Dread Captain Albrikt. She’d give him something to dread! In the port of Sartosa she had heard he went wolf hunting a lot up in the Osso Hills. So she had caught a berth on a boat and sailed to Senelite. Maybe one day she’d take a walk up in those hills and kill herself a two leg wolf. Ha! Freya noticed a couple of natives had backed up a step when she laughed. So she gave a wolf howl to the noonday sun. She spun in a sort of circle and took another hit off the bottle. The wine was running out. Hmmm.

Her howl followed by her dance had cleared a bit of space around her. Good! Soft southern bastards! Too many of ‘em. Freya finished the wine and contemplated going back into the odd beached ship turned tavern for more. As she looked at the hull cobbled into a building and tried to remember where the damned door had gone, someone tapped on her right shoulder.

She spun about to face a smiling man of medium height. He had a couple of obvious scars on his face where some one had gotten inside his guard a while ago. Looked to be one of those Empire bastards, yes that gibberish he was spouting sounded like Reik Speak or whatever they called it. He had two coins in his left hand. He seemed to want her to take them. His right hand was near his sword hilt.

Freya exploded into action. She hurled the empty bottle into the smiling face and drew sword and dagger. “You tink Freya whore! You stinking scum of Reikland bastard! Freya have your oysters for lunch!”

While she shouted, Freya slashed and stabbed. The fool got his sword out, but his guard was weak. Freya gave him a couple more potential scars and he collapsed in a bloody heap. Before she could finish him two more of the bastards rushed her. One was tall and had some beef to him. His scars were more pronounced. If Freya hadn’t been almost insane with rage, she might have quailed at the mere sight of him. As it was…

“Ah, two of you! And just little old me! Look out shorty! Your big fren’ step on you!”

The big man almost overwhelmed her, but he missed with the sword in his off hand and Freya was able to deflect the blade in his right. As she knocked it out of line with her body, a loud report deafened her. A firestick AND a sword! Freya rolled her wrist and her blade sunk into the big man’s chest. She wasn’t able to put the full weight of her body behind the sword point since she was also slashing the smaller man across the face with her dagger at the same time.
Freya skipped back as the big man fell. The other one sank to his knees, shocked by the pain and blinded by the blood. Freya would have liked to make sure of all of them but there were more shots and she became aware of a general melee all around her. People were fleeing the tavern yelling that the Sea Patrol was coming to take them all! Freya quickly grabbed the coins the first fool had dropped and let the crowd carry her along.

Sonja Braun counted heads. They were all accounted for. A miracle. Three men downed by one slip of a barbarian girl! Sure some of the MEN of Senelite had fought but ONE girl had cut up three of the crew. Two of them officers! One the bloody Kaptain! The crew of the Empress had taken revenge. Three men’s bodies dangled from the rails of the Blow Hole and a good bit of the Blow Hole’s inventory had made its way to the Empress’ hold. But blood and revenge had not been on the list of things to do. Damn Gunter and his bull headed insistence on doing things the hard way. They had come to replace losses not incur them!

Sonja glared at Kaptain Gunter De Guzman has he struggled to climb up to the aft castle. He was pale and strained from the wound. He looked as if the next breeze would blow him away. Absently Sonja loosened her sword in its scabbard and checked the flints on her pistol. Perhaps it was time for more than a breeze…
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug 2009 - 10:14

HURRAY FOR FREYA! Yet another COOL Battle Report. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 0:13

Oh, one thing I forgot: when using the Dwarven Hold and the town of 'Curagio', don't forget Myntokk's 'Slayer Pirate' Hired Sword. It's a nice, piratey alternative to the Troll Slayer HS, and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 13:50

And where is this HS found? Link?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009 - 5:17

Week 11--Again with the Wolf Hunting! The Bloody Boys finally capture the Osso Hills.

The Wolf Hunt. The Bloody Boys and the Sea Patrol stalked wolves and each other on a stormy night in the Osso Hills. At least a dozen wolves were killed in the hunt despite the heavy rain. The Bloody Boys became separated during the hunt and their stragglers found themselves falling to elven arrows from out of the dark. The Bloody Boys fled as soon as they could. All warriors recovered from their wounds. The Sea Patrol gained obscene wealth as always. The Bloody Boys are able to recruit up to full strength. Despite few wins in the Hills the Khorne worshippers have finally captured the area.

Island Hopping. The Ghosts II met the Privateers at a small group of channel islands in the Pirate Current. It was a clear day. The Ghosts could not challenge the Privateers small arms and Alphonse's swivel gun ruled the main channel. Still the Ghosts were able work around the edges of the battlefield to claim the most Islands. They totally defeated Odo and his starboard watch to the north and the Ghosts held on to a tenuous foot hold on the southwestern island. More of the Ghosts warriors fell but all of the fallen from both sides recovered from their wounds. A Skeleton Mate easily defeats a terrified Pit Fighter. Odo takes awhile to heal and is confined to quarters with a leg wound.
The Privateers find perfume, the Ghosts loot a swivel gun of their own, but no one has the skill to use it. The Ghosts were also joined by a grateful Ogre.

Round 2 found all of the warbands exploring the Caves of the Damned. By an odd twist of fate all 4 warbands found themselves drawn to the Lost Mines with in the Caves.

The Lost Mines I. The Bloody Boys stumbled unto the Privateers in the middle deeps of the mines. Sadly for the Bloody Boys Captain Albricht found himself in a corridor next to Sonja and Alphonse. Although the Dread Captain had more men with him in that corridor than Sonja and Alphonse could muster, the rest of the Bloody crew were too far from him to offer support. As the Khornite pirates tried to gather the BOOMs of blunderbuss fire ripped them from the darkness. Four warriors fell including a hero. Despite the fact that Kaptain De Guzman was locked in a desperate combat with a fearsome troll, the Bloody Boys fled. Ali, Sonja and Alphonse all ran to De Gutzman's assistance and Ali killed the troll.
One of the Khornites is captured in the rout, but the rest recover from their injures.
The Privateers find medical supplies in the cargo recovered. Kaptain De Guzman learns secrets in the mines and gains another Pirate skill.

The Lost Mines II. The Sea Patrol fought trolls and the undead in the Troll Halls of the lower deeps. The Patrol encountered 2 trolls, a vicious giant rat and a snotling, who pilfered some equipment. But once the elves were able to defeat the trolls they shot up the hapless Ghosts. The Ghosts were hampered by the uneven ground of the mines and had one crew woman trapped in a spider's web for the entire fight. A troll inflicts a hand injury on a Skeleton Mate. The Ghosts left the mines to the elves.

Standings in the Wilderness, Caves and Islands after week 11:

Caves of the Damned:
Dark Elves: 6 BP
Ghosts: 5 BP
Sea Patrol: 5 BP
The Wastelanders: 4 BP
The Khorne Raiders: 1 BP

The Skull Sands:
Sea Patrol: 12 BP (Captured!)
Wastelanders: 7 BP
Dark Elves: 3 BP
Ghosts: 2 BP

The Osso Hills
Khorne: 12 BP (Captured!)
Ghosts: 9 BP
Sea Patrol: 6 BP
Wastelanders: 3 BP
Da Mob: 2 BP

The Pirate Current:
Wastelanders: 5 BP
Dark Elves: 4 BP
The Ghosts II: 3 BP
Sea Patrol: 2 BP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 2:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009 - 6:00

It used to be on the SG site, but it's gone. I've sent a note asking Myntokk if it's available anywhere else online, but he hasn't gotten back to me. If you like, I can email it (pm your address).
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009 - 20:15

Week 11 photos:
Wolf Hunt
The Bloody Boys become kings of the hill but get shot up by the Sea Patrol.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves013

Island Hopping
Rotten swivel gun! Hide.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves007

The Ghosts sneak around.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves001

To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves002

Shoot the crocodile!
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves006

Oops, he ate our raft. Good thing we got off first.

The Privateers try to take our island. Take that!
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves015

And that. Row away now or else. Hope the croc gets you.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves016

The last island challenge.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves018
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009 - 20:20

HOORAY! PRETTY PICTURES! Perfect for us of the imminent senility set. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2009 - 20:43

More pictures for the senile.

Week 11, Round 2
The Caves of the Damned, The Lost Mines (2 tables worth!)
The closer table has it's 6 encounter markers down.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves020

Surprise! A troll.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves026

The troll tries to get off the board.
More High Elves are in the way.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves027

Surprise. A 2nd troll.
(I didn't get a picture of the 2nd one's encounter so pretend this other picture of the 1st one is really the 2nd.)
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves028</A>

Big surprise!!! A 3rd troll!!!
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves031

A giant rat. Finally a small surprise.
The real surprise is that the high elf and giant rat go 3 rounds without hitting eachother.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves029

That swordmaster is mean!
The ground is mighty uneven too.
Over half the time that the Ghosts try to run they fall down.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Wilderness_caves032

The Ghosts decide it's too dark and scarry in here,
someone says "Let's get out of here." and everyone agrees.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009 - 12:50

Hey playtable,
Senility aside, I REALLY do LOVE your WONDERFUL photos. They bring Von Kurst's Battle Reports to life, AND showcase some EXCELLENT minis. They ARE oftimes the high point of my day...that DOES speak volumes about my social life Suspect . WELL DONE! thumbsup
I see you have a hot wire foam cutter; COOL! geek
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009 - 17:08

DeafNala,
I appreciate your praise! Good looking terrain and well painted minis make the storyline of the game come alive more easily.
And, senility aside, I'm over the hill myself.
Yes, the old hot wire foam cutter is very handy.
I had to have Von Kurst do the cutting for me on these cavern walls, as I would have made them too straight and symetrical myself. I know my limitations.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009 - 5:07

Finally put the 'Slayer Pirate' HS on my site. I'm working on the Errata for Sartosa, but it's long work.

http://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 5:58

Week 12: Return to the Haunted Port. Bwaahahaha!

Dark Ritual. The Privateers encountered the Sea Patrol on a rainy night in the Haunted Port of Vermunte. Both warbands were seeking to rescue a fair maiden from the clutches of foul necromancer Dead Eye Stregos. Stregos had taken his victim to the Sea Lord's own isle in the midst of the old Vermunte burying ground. Waves of zombies shambled out of the darkness to assail both warbands. The Privateers were held on two rickety bridges. Zombies kept attacking the leaders of the columns until the Dead Eye's power was destroyed by the Elven mage.
The Patrol had easily cut through the screen of zombies and gained entrance to Strego's lair. The Elven mage cut Stregos down and rescued the maiden (who was quite surprised that her rescuer was a beautiful Elven sorceress!)
The Elves tried to withdraw in good order but even with Kaptain De Gutzman down the men of the Empress Ulrika's Revenge cut the Patrol down with no mercy until the Patrol gave up the maiden and fled.
Enrico and Ali were both captured by the Patrol. Ali was ransomed by the Kaptain, but Enrico was left to his fate.
Another elf maid is captured by the Privateers. 2 other elven spears die (an entire hench-elf group wiped out by zombies and Empire crossbows!)
Sonja, Alphonse and the Kaptain all recovered from their injuries without complications.

Down on the Docks I. The Bloody Boys and the Ghosts tried to hijack a cargo off the Haunted Docks of old Vermunte. They chose a clear day for their villainy, so the smugglers made them pay. 9 of the Bloody Boys fell in the crossfire from the Ghosts and the smugglers. 5 are reported killed.
The Ghosts overwhelmed the smugglers and captured much booty. Their hired Ogre was cut down by the smugglers last stand. Otherwise the Ghosts casualties recovered. The ghosts become rich, but complain of moldy hardtack.

Down on the Docks II. The Ghosts tried their luck against the Privateers on a hot dry day in Vermunte. The smugglers had no luck. The bow gunner was shot off the bow as he frantically reloaded after his first shot. The wretch could not catch a line from the ship and floundered beside her until one of the Ghosts put another bolt in him. The man on the aft castle touched his linstock to the gun and disappeared in a violent explosion. The Ghosts and the Privateers sniped at each other and the smugglers until a group of Ghosts attempted to force the issue to no avail. The sortie was wiped out and the Ghosts withdrew. The Privateers overwhelmed the smugglers and the cargo was theirs.
One Skeleton Mate suffers a Chest Wound the other is blinded in his only remaining eye and must retire. (A blind skeleton...hmmm.)
With victory the Privateer secure Vermunte!

Standings after Week 12
The Port of Sartosa:
Sea Patrol: 10 BP
Ghosts:  9 BP
Wastelanders: 6 BP

The Haunted Port
Wastelanders:  13 BP (Captured!)
Ghosts II: 8 BP
Sea Patrol:  5 BP
DE: 2 BP

The Outlaw Town of Ossomunte
Sea Patrol: 1 BP

The Fortified Port of Senelite
Sea Patrol: 4 BP
Wastelanders: 2 BP

Next week marks our last cruise of the Islands and wilderness of Sartosa! Have a pint on me mates!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 10:25

Von Kurst wrote:
Next week marks our last cruise of the Islands and wilderness of Sartosa! Have a pint on me mates!

Boooooo! Mad

It's been a great ride mate! cheers pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 13:03

Von Kurst wrote:

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGH! affraid There that about covers it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 1:21

It's not over yet!
Game 1A

Dark Ritual
The Sea Patrol advance
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DarkRitual1

The Privateers advance
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DarkRitual5

The Privateers hit a speed bump
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DarkRitual3

The shooting match begins
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DarkRitual6
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 1:40

Game 1B

Down at the Docks
Muddy water in the harbor today.
The Bloody Boys start on the left and the Ghosts start on the Right.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock01

The Bloody Boys come out running and are targets for the ship's swivel guns first.
Probably due to the sacarilige of running through the Church of Mannan.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock02

The Ghosts are slowed down from having to set up most of the warband on the hill.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock03

The Bloody Boys split up, with half going for the ship and half going for the Ghosts.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock07

To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock08

Battles happen
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock09

The pirate crew charge out...
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock10

The Ghost's ogre charges the ship and gets blown away by the swivel gun, a pirate pistol and the pirate captain's pistol. Poof.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock11

The Ghosts charge on board and kill all the crew while the Bloody Boys beat a hasty retreat.
To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 DownattheDock13
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 10:04

COOL photos make EVERTHING better...mostly. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 10:47

You can almost smell the gunpowder!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 21:56

The Crew of the Empress Ulrika's Revenge after 12 weeks on Sartosan shores:

HEROES
 Kaptain Gunter De Gutzman - Leader, Dodge, Quick Shot, Trick-shot, Swashbuckler.
 +1BS, +1 St, -1 T, +2 I, +1 L  dagger, crossbow,  sword, sword pistol, rope &
 hook, greatcoat, Lucky Charm, Rabbits Foot, Parrot. Horrible Scars,
Chest Wound.

Quartermaster 'Mad' Ali bin Mustafa- Step Aside, Resilient, Dodge, -1 WS, +2
 BS, +1 St, +1 T, +1L.  sword, cat o' nine tails, dagger, crossbow, rope &
 hook, Lucky Charm, Rabbit's Foot, Parrot.  Hardened, Hand Injury,
 Madness (Stupidity).

2nd Officer Sonja Braun - Step Aside, Weapons Expert, Dodge,
 Resilient. +1 WS, -1/+1 BS, +1 I, +1L  sword, dagger, double-barreled pistol,
 blunderbuss, rope & hook, greatcoat, Lucky Charm, Rabbit's Foot,
 Parrot. Blind in One Eye.

Master Gunner  Alphonse Schultz - (LgT) Hunter, Dodge, Sprint,
 Resilient, Jump up. +1 BS, +1 St, -1/+1 T, +1A, +2L. dagger, sword, swivel gun,
blunderbuss, rope & hook, greatcoat, Lucky Charm, Rabbit's Foot, Whalebone charm. Chest Wound.

Sangir Khaine, DE Corsair - (LGT) - Poison Master, Dodge  +1 BS, +1 T, dagger, sword x2,
repeater crossbow, Lucky Charm, Rabbit's Foot .

Cabin boy Odo Scheif - Step Aside, Quick Shot, Trick Shot, +3 BS, +1 St, +1 T, +2 W,
 dagger, hammer, cat o' nine tails, pistol, crossbow, rope & hook, Lucky Charm, Rabbit's Foot.

HENCHMEN
 Otto Bein (Gunner) - Hunter, +1 WS, +1 BS, +1 St, +1A,  dagger, hammer, handgun.
 Hans Schultz, Rutgar Gein (Gunner) - Hunter, +1 WS, +1 BS, dagger, sword, handgun.
Willy Steingart (Gunner) - Hunter, +1 A. dagger, sword, blunderbuss.
 Sergio and Lucky Luigi (Crew) - +1 WS, +1 BS, +1 I, +1 A, 2 daggers, crossbow.
 Leonardo and Baldo the Blade (Crew) - +1 WS, +1 I, +1 A, +1 Ld, dagger. sword, pistol.
 Feanor, the High Elf (Crew) - +1A, +1 BS, +1 L. dagger, sword, longbow.
The Elf Maiden (Swabbie)

HIRED SWORDS
 Alberto Capone (Tilean Marksman) Quick Shot, +1 BS, +1 St, +1 T.
 Hasbro Furryfoot (Halfling Scout) Quick Shot, +1 I, +1 Ld.

Warband Rating: 404
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009 - 6:03

The Dark Ritual
A Tale of Old Vermunte

The sea was slowly swallowing the old burial grounds of Vermunte. The dead of old town had been buried on a series of low hills nearby. But the land had settled and the sea had returned. The hills were now scattered islands. Some of the old bridges were still intact, others had washed away in winter storms or just crumbled into the rising coastal swamp. Years had passed since the permanent population of the town rated the designation of a city. The small living population of smugglers, pirates and death cultists no longer had much interest in maintaining the graves of the dead. Indeed many visitors to the town claimed that the death cults were more interested in desecrating the graves than worshipping Morr. Wizards who sought forbidden answers outnumbered pious priests. One such was known as Dead Eye Stregos…

Kaptain Gunter de Gutzman walked through the darkened streets of Vermunte in the rain. The crew was wary but in good spirits. They had braved the terrors of the Caves of the Damned and survived. What could Haunted Vermunte throw at them that they had not already faced and conquered? As they neared the outskirts of the town the ground became soggy and treacherous. In some places the rising waters had undermined the buildings. Walls canted at odd angles. Once they had to retrace their steps when the street they followed ended in broken cobbles above a new made stream.

Finally they passed through Morr’s Gate and arrived at the Last Bridge. The crew made signs against evil and crossed the bridge unto the Isles of the Dead. The rain fell steadily and the wind carried sounds like far off voices that rose and fell. Gunter had the crew be ever vigilant for the plinths that marked the path to the Sea Lord’s Isle. The whole island of Sartosa searched for Senor Vespucci’s daughter, who’s ship had been taken by reavers just this past week off Skull Point. Gunter had caught wind of a rumor that Dead Eye Stegos had recently received some slavers who had a special delivery for him. Dead Eye, who was known to haunt the Sea Lord’s Isle, had not been home earlier when the crew had paid a call. When asked politely, one of his surviving servants had said the master had private business with the Sea Lord tonight. Gunter felt for the pouch of silver bullets on his belt. He also touched a hand to the shark’s tooth hidden beneath his silk shirt.

At last they reached the Sea Lord’s Isle. From the low ground they occupied two of the old bridges rose toward the eroded sides of the island. In a brief flash of lighting they could see the ancient stone tomb known as the Sea Lord’s Barrow. It seemed to Gunter that the lightning revealed something moving near the tomb, but in the total darkness following the flash he could not see the far ends of the bridges let alone the barrow. The voice of the wind rose in intensity as though a gale was blowing, yet the ragged leaves of the palm near them hung sodden in the rain. Gunter remembered another ghost wind, touched his amulet again and gestured for Sangir Khaine to lead off on the north bridge. To his right Alphonse and the starboard watch crossed the southern bridge at a crouched run. Almost immediately a vague manlike shape lurched up from the side of the bridge and lunged at the elf.

The clumsy man missed the elf but Khaine’s swords seemed not to bite on the pale flesh. Ali slowed his advance and put a hand out to clutch at Gunter’s sword arm. “Dark isn’t it?” Said the big man slowly. Ali raised a hand to his turban and smiled. “Dark and wet.”

Sonja pushed past Gunter on his left. She drew her pistol and blew the pale man’s head off. As the body fell into the waters below them more pale shapes appeared out the gloom. These moved with more speed and grace.

“Traitors! Kinslayers!” Sangir growled the words in Reikspeil so his human comrades would understand. He sheathed his swords and readied his crossbow in almost one motion. Crossbow bolts, bullets and arrows flew through the rain. Sonja screamed and crumpled on the deck of the bridge. More of the pale men rose from the dark shadows near the end of the bridge and rushed Sangir. He dropped the crossbow and drew his swords. Sangir cut a hand from one. No blood spurted and the pale man clubbed him with the stump.

All around the night was filled with the sounds of struggle. Gunter had lost track of Odo and Alphonse and the starboard watch. He stepped over Sonja’s body and flung one of the zombies off the bridge with a backhand slash. Gunter stepped into the cleared space and looked for an opening to finish the other as it grappled with Sangir. Gunter felt something hit him low. Falling! He saw the stained planks of bridge getting closer…

Gunter opened his eyes. He blinked. He could see nothing. Gunter felt bright pain from the back of his head to his toes. Water dripped. He could hear fighting. Someone was screaming. He heard the roar of a blunderbuss. A weight dropped onto his back. Gunter realized briefly that he was lying face down! Then cold hands gripped his throat. He didn’t have the strength to fight back… No…

“The Kaptain still lives!” Gunter heard the voice as from far away. He could see nothing! He felt the rain hit his face. Then a head loomed above him and he realized it was still night. Lightning flashed and he recognized Baldo the Blade standing above him. Baldo was standing with a fighter’s stance his blade naked in his right hand looking to the east. Gunter felt feebly for his weapons and tried to clear his head in case the dead ones where still coming for him. He weakly levered himself up to see Baldo facing Sangir Khaine who stood with his blades gory and dripping. Sangir’s devil eyes met Gunter’s for an instance. Gunter saw blind hate and ambition. Then the eyes turned cold and blank and the elf smiled as he cleaned his blades. “I am glad my Kaptain. So glad.” The elf turned away. “We have someone for you to meet.”

Gunter looked toward the Sea Lord’s Tomb to see Odo and Luigi supporting a bedraggled human girl. Gunter smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09   To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Be A Pirate King--Endgame and Fade into Sunset 9/3/09
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next