Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Death of a Leader

Go down 
+10
werekin
MagnoliaFan
Citizen Sade
Svenn
cianty
catferret
Chad
folketsfiende
Von Kurst
Tom O'Bedlam
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom O'Bedlam
Youngblood
Youngblood
Tom O'Bedlam

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

leader - Death of  a Leader Empty
PostSubject: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 2:51

Hi there, I've recently started running a large Mordheim campaign and we've just had the first death of a leader to deal with. The leader in question was a Witch Hunter Captain, now as per the rules the Warrior Priest became the new leader, however, it places the warband in a spott of bother, as the rules say you cannot hire a new leader the warband now only has 4 heros and cannot gain another until some rolls a 12 on the henchman advance table. Is this correct? or can the player hire a new Witchhunter captain but one who is subservient to the Warrior Priest
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 3:28

Hey Tom!
Welcome to the forums! My condolences to the Witch Hunters. My warband has had 3 different leaders in 12 weeks of campaigning. It is indeed a bit of a bother.

The rules state you may only have one captain and you may not hire another. Thus the warband must suffer on with 4 heroes until the Lads got Talent roll happens. Note that this happens on a 10+ not just a 12 (check your rule books).

As an alternate strategy the warband can disband and start over with all new members.

js
Back to top Go down
Tom O'Bedlam
Youngblood
Youngblood
Tom O'Bedlam

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 3:30

Ah grand, I thought as much.

I thought it was time I sign up here as I've been lurking about looking for campaign inspiration Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 4:31

You've come to the right place!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 8:55

Another thing, remember to put all your henchmen in different henchmen groups. This way you get to roll many more times on the henchmen advance table, thus increasing your chances of Lad's got talent a lot.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 10:35

Some gaming groups disallow this. Check with yours.
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 10:52

Just to throw in a complete tangent, was your Tom o' Bedlam username inspired by The Invisibles comics?

Just curious. Smile
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 15:34

Chad wrote:

Well, folketsfiende suggest nothing "unusual" - just very basic usage of the henchman system (which does have its disadvatanges as well since if you lose your one henchmen with +1 S and +1 A then the group is lost and you cannot re-hire any new members for it) so it really shouldn't be forbidden. What I mean is that you shouldn't feel like having to ask whether you may apply the normal rules. What's next? No two hand-weapons at all? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 16:26

Von Kurst wrote:
Hey Tom!
Welcome to the forums! My condolences to the Witch Hunters. My warband has had 3 different leaders in 12 weeks of campaigning. It is indeed a bit of a bother.

The rules state you may only have one captain and you may not hire another. Thus the warband must suffer on with 4 heroes until the Lads got Talent roll happens. Note that this happens on a 10+ not just a 12 (check your rule books).

As an alternate strategy the warband can disband and start over with all new members.

js
Is it possible to get 2 Lad's Got Talent heroes in order to achieve the maximum of 6 heroes then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 16:57

Svenn wrote:
Is it possible to get 2 Lad's Got Talent heroes in order to achieve the maximum of 6 heroes then?

Yes, you can have more than one. You can end up with all your six Heroes being former Henchmen..

The only resctriction (aside from the 6 Hero limit) that there is is that one henchman group can only breed one LGT per after-battle-phase, so if you - HOW EVER - gain like 6 or 7 XP for one henchman group in one battle so that you are granted two increases and the second is also a LGT then you need to re-roll that. Not like that would ever happen though... scratch
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 17:23

cianty wrote:
Chad wrote:

Well, folketsfiende suggest nothing "unusual" - just very basic usage of the henchman system (which does have its disadvatanges as well since if you lose your one henchmen with +1 S and +1 A then the group is lost and you cannot re-hire any new members for it) so it really shouldn't be forbidden. What I mean is that you shouldn't feel like having to ask whether you may apply the normal rules. What's next? No two hand-weapons at all? Wink

Hey, I didn't say it makes sense. But it's true, I've met people who make groups compulsory.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 17:31

Weirdos Razz
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 18:57

Actually, I think there are benefits to insisting that identically equipped henchman form groups. It's simpler for you and, more importantly, for your opponent.

Compare and contrast the situation of three identically equipped henchman with one advance in one man groups with having them all in one group. In the former case, you could quite feasibly have one with +S, one with +1A. one with +1T. A potential nightmare to keep track of and a situation I have seen unscrupulous players try to play to their advantage.
Back to top Go down
MagnoliaFan
Warlord
Warlord
MagnoliaFan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 8:49

The death of a leader is quet a bummer. Our group came up with the "faith point" rule. It really cool and I think it works great! I'll make a new treath for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom O'Bedlam
Youngblood
Youngblood
Tom O'Bedlam

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:37

catferret wrote:
Just to throw in a complete tangent, was your Tom o' Bedlam username inspired by The Invisibles comics?

Just curious. Smile

It is indeed Smile

Quote :
The death of a leader is quet a bummer. Our
group came up with the "faith point" rule. It really cool and I think
it works great! I'll make a new treath for it

sounds interesting. what is it?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 18:52

I usually play evil warbands, but I've noticed that the guy playing Witch Hunters always loses his Leader first, every time. Damn, use the Zealots for the zealotry.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom O'Bedlam
Youngblood
Youngblood
Tom O'Bedlam

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 21:15

haha thats what i do with CoC. I've given my Master weapon master and a crossbow. BS 6 doesn't hurt either Smile I like the Fate Points idea, I think I'll implement it.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009 - 12:19

Regarding the death of a leader, I adopt a 'get out of jail free card' type policy. In the opening few rounds of campaign play, the first time one of my players has their leader die, I let them re-roll the dice until the result lets them cheat death!

Starting over is always going to be demoralising. It's really just something I prefer to do to keep the story in motion as the campaign sets up.

In my last campaign, both Chaos Dwarf warbands managed to kill off their Sorcerer's in round 1 of the campaign!! Then the Undead player had his Vamp staked in round 2 or 3, so his interest in the narrative was secured by my awarding him a free pass.

It should go without saying that these special exceptions are never applied to Skaven warbands. Wink

Regards,

Werekin.

B-)
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009 - 13:11

I believe I have some medic rules back at home which also allow some extra "saves" but I never used them... I shall see if I can figure them out or post them here... they seemed like a fun addition...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 8:27

We gave armor the ability to grant a "save" against the serious injury roll. You get a save equal to your AS. It destroys the armor int he process. We find that lots of leaders sprout armor fairly early on, though not at creation.

I usually start many of my henchmen in "single" groups. Though, I don't with "crappy henchmen."

Zealots in Witchhunters bands. Nope, don't want those as lads. I'll take 2 hero Flagellants please. Possesed get only beastmen if I can swing it until I get my one lad out of them. Beardlings in dwarf bands are always stuck together, I'd rather have my clansmen or thunderers lad. You get the idea.

I don't consider the loss of a Vampire to be that bad. He is replaceable. Unlike other leaders.
Back to top Go down
Won Rotterburg

Won Rotterburg

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 19:33

Hi from Finland, Im new in here!
did not find any good place to put my questions so here they are...

We playd The Soul to keep campaign and my marauder leader turn in to a Spawn...So Cool, the ultimate gift from the Gods!!
so,
1. Her equipment is lost, thats ok!
2. does my spawn/ex leader have exp? spawn cant get any "more" exp?
(i mean that she had exp, but those she/it have still count in gang rating?)
or does she loose exp allso.
3. She got m-blow & sprint, does my spawn have those skills or are skills lost allso? in rules there is ONLY!! His equipment is lost!

SPECIAL RULES
Special Attacks: Roll at the beginning of each Close Combat phase to determine the spawn’s number of Attacks for that phase.

Special Movement: The Spawn moves 2D6" straight on in each of its Movement phases. Before it does so it’s player may turn it to give the direction. It does not double its movement for charging, instead if its
movement takes it into contact with a model it counts as charging and engages that model in close combat.

"Sprint. The warrior may triple his Movement rate
when he runs or charges, rather than doubling it as
normal."

Psychology: Spawns are mindless creatures, knowing
no fear of pain or death. Spawns automatically pass
any Leadership based test they are required to make.

No Brain: Spawns of Chaos are crazed creatures and
therefore gain no experience.

To me... It can keep skills but not spells or any skill that needs "brains", but Sprint is hardone, would that be cool to turn 2D6 in to 3D6, its not sprint, but she used to run fast...

Or she/It will loose all skills,mutations, equipment & exp, that would be easy but boring.

Please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 19:53

Hello and welcome to TBMF! cheers

Won Rotterburg wrote:

2. does my spawn/ex leader have exp? spawn cant get any "more" exp?
(i mean that she had exp, but those she/it have still count in gang rating?)
or does she loose exp allso.

Yes, the Experience points are lost (and thus do not count for the warband rating).

Won Rotterburg wrote:

3. She got m-blow & sprint, does my spawn have those skills or are skills lost allso? in rules there is ONLY!! His equipment is lost!

The skills are lost just like the equipment. Treat the Spawn just as the one from the henchman section. So no to sprinting Spawns, sorry. Smile
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 21:43

what I find amazing is that everyone agrees that this rule is a bother, yet nobody proposes to just remove it

(bet you didnt see that comming - especially not from Asp Razz )

though seriously - the leader starts with 20 xp, more than he is worth in terms of advances, if people want to buy him back there is no harm in allowing that
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 21:49

Asp wrote:
(bet you didnt see that comming - especially not from Asp Razz )

LOL

Asp wrote:
though seriously - the leader starts with 20 xp, more than he is worth in terms of advances, if people want to buy him back there is no harm in allowing that

True.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Leader   leader - Death of  a Leader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death of a Leader
Page 1 of 1