Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Video Games!

Go down 
+12
tuxedokman
Mantizuma
Popmouth
catferret
Admin Tom
Da Bank
Ethlorien
Tewfik
DeafNala
Paluke
Chad
Svenn
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 19:04

So, how many video game fans do we have here? I'm assuming that most people that are here enjoy some kind of video games... So, what are your favorites? What are you looking forward to?

Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of the Monster Hunter series (no, it's not a pokemon style monster collecting/training game, it's an action RPG). It's my absolute favorite series of all time. I can't wait for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP, and I really hope they bring Monster Hunter 3 to the US.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Diablo 3 so I can get sucked in for months or years. I was incredibly addicted to Diablo 2 for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 19:07

I really enjoy video games, but I tend to get bored after a while (there are exceptions, I keep coming back to Age of Empires). So I generally just play them at friends houses (I tried out Crysis for a couple of hours on my mate's machine the other day, got halfway through it and got bored).
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 19:10

Huh, interesting. Video games are my passion. I'm graduating college in a month with a degree in game programming, and I work as a tester at a video game company now. I spend many many hours a week playing video games. I may get bored of individual games, but even after spending 8 hours (or more in many cases) a day testing at work I go home and load up a game...
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 19:32

lol!

I'm trying to get off video games and start doing more and more painting on my mini's rabbit
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 19:43

While I don't play any of the Video Beasties, I REALLY enjoy watching them. The scenery, settings, & characters in games like WoW are incredible, inspiring bits of art. COOL STUFF! I just wish they had stills of the various scenes & folk. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 19:45

I'm actually very surprised at the responses so far. I thought that most tabletop gamers were also into video games as well.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 20:04

Paluke wrote:
lol!

I'm trying to get off video games and start doing more and more painting on my mini's rabbit

I think there MAY be a need for a specific 12 Step Progarm for Video Gamers. Suspect

@Svenn: Most of the "gamers" at least on this site seem to be more interested in the creative aspects of the craft suh as painting, modeling, writing fluff, etc. & look to the games themselves as a source of commaraderie. Video games seem not to satisfy the needs of such as us, cool though they might be. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 20:07

DeafNala wrote:
Paluke wrote:
lol!

I think there MAY be a need for a specific 12 Step Progarm for Video Gamers. Suspect

@Svenn: Most of the "gamers" at least on this site seem to be more interested in the creative aspects of the craft suh as painting, modeling, writing fluff, etc. & look to the games themselves as a source of commaraderie. Video games seem not to satisfy the needs of such as us, cool though they might be. Suspect

Well, I feel like I fit into that category a bit as well. I'm actually more interested in creating the terrain than I am in playing the game itself. However, I'm a huge video game nerd. All of my friends and the people I play Mordheim with are also video game nerds as well (and a lot of the people I work with in the video games industry are also tabletop nerds) so I just thought the two went together. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 20:20

I can understand your point. With me one of the things that keep me from the Brotherhood of Video Addicts is that once you place a contoller in my hands I become a TOTAL spastic. AND I'm OH SO slow on the keyboard to boot [not to mention the onset of imminent senility Suspect ]. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 21:23

Video Games indeed, to many games/projects not enough time...
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 0:19

I play waaay too many video games. For the most part, I'm addicted to WoW. After that I'm on my PS3 (a little bit - right now playing Afro Samurai), and sometimes the Wii (my wife just picked up Wii Fit).
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 0:38

I used to play video games-Counter Strike and Delta Force (long time ago) and I love Civilization and other "sims" games, meaning building cities, theme parks and etc. I do not like Sims with raising a family and getting a job type one.

I have not played Counter Strike in over 1.5 years and we had an awesome clan to. It was a great bunch of guys. I am the crazy guy as I would sacrifice myself to find the sniper or where the enemy was hiding so my team mates could get them. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 0:48

I love Sim/tycoon games. Civilization is another one of my top games of all time. Have you played Civilization 4? They went downhill some with Civ3, but I think Civ4 is the best in the series.

I was never a huge fan of Counter-Strike, but Counter-Strike source is fun every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 1:55

I don't have too much spare time, so what little time I have for myself, I usually prefer to spend painting minis rather than playing video games, because I want to see stuff finished Smile I hate having all these unfinished models standing around.
Add to that, that I am usually painting models for other people, so my own get a little bit left behind, and I want to get things done Wink

HOWEVER, when I need a break from painting or work related activities, I tend to play a little bit of Left 4 Dead.

I think it is an excellent game for the coop experience and quite enjoyable from time to time because it is original and unique (not concept-wise but gameplay-wise).

And it does have a healthy dose of dark humour, a thing that I love, especially when coupled with very good voice acting. If you are a L4D player listen closely to the character's in-game comments Very Happy Some are hilarious! e.g. after fighting off a MASSIVE horde of zombies and barely making it into the safety of an elevator, the door of which is getting pounded by even more crazed zombies, Francis moans "I am getting tired of all these vampires" Bill: "They are ZOMBIES, Francis."

As a general rule, the only video games I can potentially enjoy, are those where you can cooperate with other people in one way or another (or at least have teams).

Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 2:03

I love Left 4 Dead. Are you playing on PC? If so, I'll have to add you to my friends list so we can play together. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 9:25

Svenn wrote:
I love Left 4 Dead. Are you playing on PC?

Absolutely.

Svenn wrote:
If so, I'll
have to add you to my friends list so we can play together. Smile

Be my guest. I think my steam username is isomerase.

Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 9:31

cool! i'm a HUGE fan of l4d Very Happy and of plants vs zombies at the moment

My steam thingy is Prooi or-= jfh=- prooi
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 11:00

I tend to heavily play a small number of games. Icouldn't honestly say how many times I've played Fallout 2 or Diablo 2 over the years. I still play them too despite their age. KotoR/KotoR2 and Civ4 are also fun.

Currently I'm hooked on Warhammer Online (first MMO I've played) and my modelling/painting has really suffered as a result. On the plus side it's inspiring a few ideas for new models.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 13:15

My steam name is Svenn666. I'll add you guys for some L4D. Smile
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 16:29

Paluke wrote:
cool! i'm a HUGE fan of l4d Very Happy and of plants vs zombies at the moment

My steam thingy is Prooi or-= jfh=- prooi
I added Prooi and it came up as xanderprooi, is that you?
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 16:44

no not xander prooi, will add you instead
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 18:44

Received the invitations from you 2 guys and accepted.

Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 18:46

Excellent, we should get the three of us and one other (I can bring my girlfriend, she loves L4D) and play some time. Smile

Also, I'm awaiting a TON of games coming up in the next two months... anyone else interested in inFamous, Prototype, Spore Galactic Adventures, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Treasure World, Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!, Punch Out or Little King's Story?
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 19:32

some reason it wont let me add anyone... but my name is [diaf] Tewfik
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Personal Info

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 19:35

I am looking forward to checking out, inFamous, Prototype, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!

I want Monster Hunter NOW!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games!   Video Games! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next