Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

General Apology to the Forum Community

Go down 
+4
Ethlorien
cianty
DeafNala
Ram Rock Ed First
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Trading Reputation : 0
Location : Sydney, Australia (preferrably in the light of the Moon)

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Empty
PostSubject: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009 - 20:07

Greetings everybody,

At the end of last year and through to mid-January this year, I was posting here briefly. Whilst a number of people remembered me from the original GW Mordheim and the SG Forums before they were shut down (and now re-opened again) alot of people didn't know me, or know me well. I was going through a pretty hectic time in rl and all of the bad side of things got translated into my postings on this and other forums I frequent. I realised something about the very soon to be released Border Town Burning Ogre Maneater Warband and instead of approaching the matter in a much more relaxed and cordial manner that would likely have had any final release of the supplement delayed an extra week till I got my stuff together and a good chunk of time to write up and detail the examples for what I had realised without playing a single game (you didn't need to play a game, right there in the rules it was - but this is fully explained now in the Rules and Gameplay Section in its' own thread), I approached it in a very selfish and childish way. My behaviour in posting didn't contribute constructively as a whole and acted to drag alot of threads off topic and not back on once completed the side track. Throw in a bit of random PM crap and youc an understand why I was temporarily and almost permenently banned from here.

Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum is a much more relaxed and quiet forum compared to what I usually post on, more focused on showing each other your work as opposed to unleashing the power and discussing the finer aspects of how to best build such and such a character to absolutely screw the other players over because they are being beardy complaining pains and you want to teach them a lesson so bam possessed of epic here we come...the community is more laid back and different to some other boards. For reference, I'm gonna chill and be much calmer here, not necessarily post as often but approach it all in a relaxed manner and walk away before answering anything right there and then so to speak, it should do well to ease into things here. I am by nature a power gamer and have had much success at playing Mordheim in my time involved with the game, and as such alot of things I do say come off as arrogant at times. Please don't take it as a personnal offense or see it as I'm an arse occasionally stuff gets expressed with that sort of feeling, though I'll attempt to stay away from that sort of response here. Additionally, I don't have a digital or phone camera so getting pics of any of my stuff will be an issue but if I can get any expect to see something up at some point.

For now, I would like to offer the community at Tom's Boring Mordheim Community my formal apology for acting like an arse earlier this year.

Ram Rock Ed First.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009 - 20:33

"God , may my words be tender & gracious today, for tomorrow, I may have to eat them." I heard that awhile ago, & it seemed like a pretty good idea to keep in mind before I open my mouth. Suspect
With that in mind, welcome back. May your return to the Forum be an enjoyable experience for us all. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009 - 20:45

DeafNala wrote:
With that in mind, welcome back. May your return to the Forum be an enjoyable experience for us all. thumbsup

I concur. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009 - 20:49

My thanks to you both. It is 4:47am...a general rule of thumb I have is to never post anything anywhere if I've been up all night startingf rom about 2:30am as sometimes I get in all sorts of trouble from that point on. This is one of the exceptions, same with the Maneater explanation (at least I hope for the Maneaters, I even proof read that through twice to make sure it was flowing logically and well despite the size of the thread).

Cheers,

Ram.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009 - 21:30

Hey Ram,

Good to see you back here!

Lets all of us enjoy Tom's forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009 - 13:20

Apology accepted! But, on one condition: please make your posts shorter! How can I read all that?!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009 - 17:43

Welcome back, Ram Smile
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009 - 1:00

that wouuld also explain your reaction in the old thread that discussed my rules, i guess

still, nice to have you back! - looking forward to discsussing this and other things as well in a cordial manner Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009 - 11:27

Chad wrote:
Apology accepted! But, on one condition: please make your posts shorter! How can I read all that?!

You've seen nothing of what I have been known to post. What I've posted here so far is barely a drop in the pond on post size. But seriously 3 or 4 paragraphs (barring the maneaters thread which needed the detailed examples et al to show how simple warband rules use can turn a warband no matter how well designed into an unstoppable and broken force) is nothing. If you complain about that then what happens when someone writes a 2 to 3 page piece of fiction or battle report?

Quote :
Asp:
that wouuld also explain your reaction in the old thread that discussed my rules, i guess

I'm not quite sure what I said where it was a while ago after all...Gah formatting on here frustrates me for some reason! No
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009 - 11:50

SUGGESTION: Post your LONG Rules discertations on the SG Forum, where I'm sure they'll receive proper attention & appreciation.
NOW THEN, if you'd care to post a LENGTHY Battle Report or Short Story THIS is THE PLACE. Forums tend to specialize in certain aspects of the hobby. Whereas the SG Folks seem to be into rules mechanics & discussion thereof, TBMF is MOST DEFINITELY dedicated to the craft; i.e., painting, modeling, terrain building, AND fluff like Battle Reports. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 15:55

@Deaf. LOL, what are you trying to do to me as I am the Answer MOD on the SG Forums? (grumbles under breath). LOL. I don't need that stuff on my forum. Suspect

If BTB questions come up, I will not answer them but will defer to Cianty and Werekin to hop over and answer them. Not because I don't want to but those two know the "intent" better than I would. I will be there to "guide" the threads to make sure they DO NOT follow the same path as we have seen or if they do to close them and deal with those like we have seen here.

These types of behaviors have no place on a forum and I applaud the Admin and MODs for keeping TBMF the BEST Mordheim resource out there. I truly enjoy visiting the forum each day. I wish all forums were like this one. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 18:07

@Ram Rock: Errr, not much point in me answering that what with you being banned an' all. But there's a difference between banned and unable to access read-only mode, so I might as well: I enjoy reading fiction and battle-reports.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009 - 18:30

Let's all get over this unpleasant episode and move on to enjoy the board.

Locked.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Apology to the Forum Community   Community - General Apology to the Forum Community Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Apology to the Forum Community
Page 1 of 1